Type R and VTEC owners

Can any S2000/DC5 Owners [looking at you richyfingers & Chris] give me an overview of what its like to own both and which you prefer?

I prefer the S2000, mainly because I'm bored of FWD. It's to the point now (much like my Evo was and why I sold it, bodywork issues aside) where it wasn't really a challenge to go fast down a fast road. I had my DC5 for three years, three fantastic years which ended prematurely by me writing it off. Hard to compared them really, one is a FWD coupe/hatch, the other is a non practical roadster.

I had considered another one as a winter car before I came to my senses. :)

As a side note, I drove my mates EP3 at the weekend, loads more torque lower down, the K20 feels much more responsive than the F20C, however I hated the lack of steering feel and the torque steer as the power comes in. RWD really is fantastic in that respect.

Paid 8.3 in the end. Car only has 50k miles. You can pick ones up easily for around 7k but the ones I saw in that price range usually had issues that put me off buying. Lack of history, missed services, poor bodywork ect. As soon as I drove this one I knew i had to have it.

DC5 prices are crazy. I sold one in a very similar condition two years ago for £6200...

Anyone have any experience or knowledge about this tuning company?

http://vittuned.com/

Yes, myself and many others have used Vitaliy. Brilliant to deal with, turns around datalogs really quickly as well. Really knows his stuff. I however got mocked when I had an e-tune because apparently my car was going to blow up or something. That was 2 or so years ago.
Used to be known as 'Vitviper' so a search on that should yield more results.

Last edited:
Yes, myself and many others have used Vitaliy. Brilliant to deal with, turns around datalogs really quickly as well. Really knows his stuff. I however got mocked when I had an e-tune because apparently my car was going to blow up or something. That was 2 or so years ago.
Used to be known as 'Vitviper' so a search on that should yield more results.

Yeah I've done a bit of research and I'm going to go along this route. Mase is great, but he's too busy I think so can't get updates to me quick enough.

Plus most of those cars are ten a penny, S2000's are getting rarer by the day.

There are currently about 5000 Honda S2000's registered in the UK.

By contrast there are just 1200 comparable Z4's (230bhp manuals), even less 350Z and 370Z convertibles.

Infact the only car which there are many more of is the Porsche Boxster..

[TW]Fox;28008397 said:
There are currently about 5000 Honda S2000's registered in the UK.

By contrast there are just 1200 comparable Z4's (230bhp manuals), even less 350Z and 370Z convertibles.

Infact the only car which there are many more of is the Porsche Boxster..

They aren't making any more so they are getting rarer. 5000 isn't many for a car with 10 years of production.

The 350z does nothing special. Just a big engine in a car that weighs over 1.5 ton for no real reason.

I don't really see why S2000s have risen so much. Plenty of other cars to choose from for that money (Boxster, Z3, Z4, 350z (almost 370z) etc)?

There is plenty to choose from but all have critical factors that make peoples minds up for them.

Boxster - Posrche tax for similar performance.
Z3/Z4 - as Fox said, the models comparable are much less plentiful
350/70 - Totally different kind of car to drive.

My S2000 costs no more to run than the Civic Type R I owned before it.

The 350z does nothing special. Just a big engine in a car that weighs over 1.5 ton for no real reason.

Totally different type of car imho too. much more of a GT sports car than the S2000. The engine is great but every characteristic of the 350 is a stark contrast from the S2000.

Last edited:
Yeah it drops quickly! I tend to fill mine up when I get to a 1/4 left on the lights.

Definitely noted! I pulled away from a roundabout and it spluttered, got the revs up and nursed it on to the forecourt. Bit guilty about draining the tank, but lesson quickly learned.

I just used the trip computer to work out when it needed filling, 280 miles or thereabouts almost every tank.

Decent, that's more than I was getting out of the EP3.

I completely ran out the other week, mrs had to rescue me after a long day in work. I chilled out on the beach, next to where I'd conked out until she arrived :cool:

Blamed the abnormally busy stop/start traffic the day before that I had to endure.

Back
Top Bottom