Type R and VTEC owners

He is the definition of cheque book modder though. Buying stuff that sounds good to bolt on or has a good name rather than if it works. No one has ever rated mugen intakes for example and they are horrifically expensive compared to other proven options.

Sounds better is an opinion. I must be old but I hate any Honda with that over run noise now. Also makes it impossible to drive hard without anyone thinking your a dick so you usually end up with a slower car :D

What he needs, which I said from the start, is a proper decat ( not silenced) and a management system to get lower vtec point. Anything else is not worth the money based on my 9 years of having an S2000 and seeing what people have done. Sure you can spend money how you want but I thought the aim was to increase power and he seems to always ignore advice.

Hence the tone of many of my posts as its fustrating when people just waste money buying stuff that hardly does anything, he was talking about aftermarket cams on s2k the other day ?! For what he's spent/wants to spend, he'd be near to a supercharger kit which actually represents value for money.

As you know Will, best way to make an S2000 fast is to drive it fast and let the car help you do that. It's never going to be a quarter mile or dyno king. What it does have is a ridiculous ability to make every drive both an event and challenge.

Last edited:
I think the above sums up my view point quite well too.

But I'm not against people modding their cars, I just can't justify it on my own one.

I give up trying to explain because people clearly don't read my posts.

Currently at the Nürburgring for the WTCC and had a look at the new Type R. Not my cup of tea but it does look much better in the flesh than it does in the pictures.

Last edited:
randal, as per our texts, tyres are a pain for 17's if you want to stick with Bridgestone. You can get the RE002 for the front but not rear, and you can get the S001 for the rear but not the front.

Some on S2KI run S001 rear and RE002 front and say it's a good setup. But personally I like to have the same all around.

randal, as per our texts, tyres are a pain for 17's if you want to stick with Bridgestone. You can get the RE002 for the front but not rear, and you can get the S001 for the rear but not the front.

Some on S2KI run S001 rear and RE002 front and say it's a good setup. But personally I like to have the same all around.

Didn't know this. Always assumed most people with 17s just stuck cheap Eagle F1's on it.

Can't you go with RE002 all round if it means getting a slightly different profile/width?

IME F1A2 are a pretty poor drivers tyre, but I admit they do offer good grip.

I'm running S001 rear and RE050 (non MZ) front. Grip at the front end is really poor, so I'm half tempted to throw some RE002's on as they're quite cheap and then by the time my new wheels arrive, we may have some news on the new RE003 (which are available in the correct sizes).

Certainly will do. Not sure how fair the comparison will be though. The stock 16s are quite balloony:p

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=27079917&postcount=10745

Nice one, cheers dude. Yes, they are a bit. :D Must be comfortable though!

Ah yeah, good points again (sorry, sieveheaded that conversation!) I will be sticking with Bridgestone, the 050MZs have got plenty of meat on them to see me through to the RE003 release all being well and good.

Back
Top Bottom