Type R and VTEC owners

[TW]Fox;28097652 said:
Have you had those alloys refurbed before? Looks like a poor quality paint job hence the ease with which it appears to have flaked off.

I haven't personally refurbed them no, they had been refurbed when i purchased the car, but i have had the car for a year and they have not flaked etc, so could not of been that poor of a refurb?

But if your right and the alloys had a cheap crap job before, i wont complain, but not had any trouble with the paint flaking etc.

Last edited:
Need a couple of new tyres for the front of my FN2 CTR, looking to spend no more than £100 a tyre (give or take), what would be a good choice for the money? The standard ones are Bridgestone Potenzas I think? (I say I think because that's not what it has on the front now. These seem to be around that money, any good? Just for road driving, not tracking it at this stage.

got a full refund for the alignment as they could not fit me in today or saturday (car is going for mot and service) i went back at 1pm and asked for a refund as i have booked it in elsewhere, the guy said he would "have my paint guy" look at the alloys for me, so will have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

brightside. you have the same wheels as me. they are diamond cut in the central areas of the spokes from the factory.

it is common for them to bubble and 8/10 of the cars i viewed before buying mine had the issue present.

the main problem is that when the diamond cut area isnt primered properly, the paint flakes off. my alloys had a similar quality paint job to yours on them and flakes came off when lightly pressure washing my wheels.

in the end, I paid £270 for all 4 wheels to be refurbished in a metallic silver that was as close to an OEM finish as I could find but without the diamond cut central parts.

my wheels look spectacular still nearly a year on.

brightside. you have the same wheels as me. they are diamond cut in the central areas of the spokes from the factory.

Yea i know they have been refurbed and are no longer diamond cut, my wheels still looked perfect a year on as well lol until the paint got flaked off during the wheel fitment, i dont know if the refurb was good or bad, all i know is that they looked pretty much perfect prior to the tires being fitted. no bubbling around the edges etc.

any stuff on the wheels you can see as far as i am aware is either water/brake dirt.

sblzq1.jpg

picture of my wheel a few moments before the tires were fitted, atleast 1+years since they were refurbed - they are slightly dirty due to being driven for a few days since wash

Last edited:
The best thing about going to see an FN2 advertised with Air Conditioning is getting there after driving for an hour and the car not having air conditioning...

Getting rid of the S?

The Mrs wants something a bit more practical for work and she fancies an FN2.

She was dead keen on a CW one but ive talked her out of it because the only advantage I can see is the Diff which she won't use.

Plus I dont fancy keeping white wheels clean.

Ok so went for my mot today, and passed :) advisory for rear brake pads and discs 90% worn.

Also went to take my car for another geo and this is the read out they gave, even though the garage i got my wheels sorted at said it was all in the green except one! so not sure how they managed it but they messed up all 4 corners completely, as well as chipping all my alloys!

No wonder why my car wont drive in a straight line without the wheel being slightly to the right, unfortunaly the guy was on his own and with it being a saturday he said he did not have time to sort it as he was not expecting it to be this bad and he did not want to rush it so i now have to go back again first thing monday morning to sort it out!

Last edited:
Yeah I'm aware but they cost as much as CW ones anyway so may as well just get that if she's spending that much.

Tbh I dont want her spending more than £7k on an FN2.

Back
Top Bottom