Type R and VTEC owners

Yeah she's fairly set on something around 200bhp.

I'm trying to not interfere in her decisions too much with this one but obviously I'm the one doing the checking to make sure they aren't sheds.

£7k should be plenty for a decent 2008/early 2009 one - I don't see what the 2010 cars bring to the party that makes them worth £3k more

I'd actively look for one that's had the front end done, mine absolutely depresses me and makes it far less saleable imo. That and check the roof rust has been done

Yup they do seem to be on the up, annoyingly as was looking to pick up another possibly but bit rich for what I want at the moment.

S2000 values at the moment are somewhat mental.

I'm wondering if people have realised - the end of N/A is upon us, buy the good N/A drivers cars.

Doesn't get much better at this price point for a fun soft top which is quick out of the box.

Crazy thing is, people with what look like rotters are asking 7k + !!!

yeah, wbac are offering me £35 more than i paid for it.

cars similar to mine are up at about £11-12k at the moment. pretty pleased with that.

Think I will continue to keep the car stock and unmodified and just keep restoring bits.

Rocker cover next I think.

That's my plan, keep up the good work the previous owner lavished upon it.

I've got a PDR guy out on Thursday to take car of some car park dinks and some annoying shallow elbow marks on the top of the rear quarters near the doors where people have levered themselves out of the car. Can't wait to get shot of those.

Other thing that I think needs doing is the TCT, it's started to chatter on warm idle and after listening to several videos I'm convinced that's what it is. Just debating either a refurb of the stock part or biting the bullet and getting a Ballade Sports one imported from the States.

Other thing that I think needs doing is the TCT, it's started to chatter on warm idle and after listening to several videos I'm convinced that's what it is. Just debating either a refurb of the stock part or biting the bullet and getting a Ballade Sports one imported from the States.

TCT is one of those things you can chase forever. You can put a brand new one in and be right back where you started in relatively little time. I know of some people who did some modification to the part (sandblasting) with some success.

That or a billman modified (and stick to 5W-XX oils).

See S2ki for Billman's modified ones. Mine rattles now and then but an oil change / top up seems to fix it. This is the original still

Last edited:
Ouch $430 down with $150 refund on returning old TCT for a Billman one.

Think I'm just gonna get the Ballade one at £160 ($255) + postage and flog my duffed TCT for £45-50 to offset the cost.

I know they're good, but I'd rather not run the risk of sending parts back and having $150 tied up in the post with $30 to send priority postage.

Ouch $430 down with $150 refund on returning old TCT for a Billman one.

Think I'm just gonna get the Ballade one at £160 ($255) + postage and flog my duffed TCT for £45-50 to offset the cost.

I know they're good, but I'd rather not run the risk of sending parts back and having $150 tied up in the post with $30 to send priority postage.

For that money, I'll live with the ticking!

Any s2000 owners suffered badly with rust? Looking it up for someone and it seems that it's a contentious issue on whether it's worth bothering with due to the double skin nature of the rear end. I presume any AP1 with no rust showing has been cleaned up at some point by now?

Back
Top Bottom