Type R and VTEC owners

PDR dude has just de-dinged the S, pleased with the outcome.

Not pleased with the overly paranoid parking that's to come for months now. :D

Interested in price as well. I paid Dent Devils nigh on £100 for one dent on my crease line. I've got a couple more now further to the rear of the car.

How much did it cost? and was it a specific nation wide company or a local one? It seems no matter where i take my car to be worked on it gets a new mark/dent etc.

Interested in price as well. I paid Dent Devils nigh on £100 for one dent on my crease line. I've got a couple more now further to the rear of the car.

Local guy to me, guy called Bryn Price - Price PDR is is company.

None of dents were severe, mostly shallow and the odd sharper one. He took care of:

• Cluster of dents on drivers rear quarter, high near door where people have levered themselves out of the car. Say 8-10 shallow.
  • Same on the passenger, but about half as much.
  • Ding on driver's door swage, and a 2 inch shallow push dent.
  • Passenger front wing where lower flat edge meets curve.
  • £150 all in, and he was there for 3-4 hours I'd say.
He managed to push the vast majority out with irons, and then tap down. The quarter panels he had to resort to glue as there's no access to the back of the panel due to the way they're double skinned. It was that or he had to start drilling holes in the arches and I wasn't too hot on that.

Finally got the ATR home.

To recap, got it off a colleague, 110K with some problems. Some crappy/dirty pictures before starting the work:

4IED8A.jpg

4IED8A.jpg

Had a good look around for bad rot before spending money on this as they are prone to rotting. They are so bad some of them can be driven straight to the scrappy. Everything seems to be surface rust only (took the arch liner out to look at the bulkhead/footwell and they are good :eek:) except for the driver window. Attacked it with a file. Also planning to get it undersealed. Anyone know a good place near Reading?

w49z3m.jpg

Starter motor doesn't work properly, took it out:

4gTBRG.jpg

Refurb place said it's running on 2 out of the 3 bushes as 1 of them is completely gone. £75 + vat to replace all bushes and bearings. Seems pretty good.

The last owner sold the hub caps and spray them quite badly. Put a new hub cap on for now but will get them refurbed later:

KHLxGF.jpg

AQcdhM.jpg

Also attached the really cloudy headlight with a refurb kit for about half an hour, no where near finish but I ran out of battery on my drill and time:

Before:
2IYsyA.jpg

5YGkL5.jpg

After:
dzThhN.jpg

u9Y89g.jpg

Loads more to do as I want to bring it back to mint condition.

Local guy to me, guy called Bryn Price - Price PDR is is company.

None of dents were severe, mostly shallow and the odd sharper one. He took care of:

• Cluster of dents on drivers rear quarter, high near door where people have levered themselves out of the car. Say 8-10 shallow.
  • Same on the passenger, but about half as much.
  • Ding on driver's door swage, and a 2 inch shallow push dent.
  • Passenger front wing where lower flat edge meets curve.
  • £150 all in, and he was there for 3-4 hours I'd say.
He managed to push the vast majority out with irons, and then tap down. The quarter panels he had to resort to glue as there's no access to the back of the panel due to the way they're double skinned. It was that or he had to start drilling holes in the arches and I wasn't too hot on that.

Cheers chap, may have to enquire with them.

Back
Top Bottom