Type R and VTEC owners

What happened to the guy with the white s2000 built purely for tracking?

Can't remember his username, but had a Golf before hand. The S2000 was being used for development for his new company. Looked like it was turning into a beast.

I have had my FN2 since 2007 since which it has quite a lot of work done. It was a good sleeper as its running 315 bhp but I was getting some work done on a rolling road and the company had the exhaust extractors too close to the bumper and melted it! So now have the Mugen rear bumper which isn't as subtle as the standard one.

Since everyone knows what a FN2 looks like, engine bay picture instead.

IMG_0487.jpg

Managed to PM Tegiwa, a pickup is fine by them and they are moving premesis even close to my house next week :)

seen second hand scuttle plates going on the bay for £40

seems a bit pricey for a bit of plastic :confused:

may have to ring around the scrappys when I have the car.

My old (7 or so years ago!) 2.2 vtec prelude

Lowered on eibach with a powerflow exhaust (erg..) and some other bits that i cant remember, its been years!

Prelude.jpg

Then a few years on and many cars later I went for the ep3, i had a DC Sports cat back exhaust fitted

TypeR.jpg

Am driving a st220 now but i think ill end up going back to vtec yo at some point, i do miss the ep3.

Managed to PM Tegiwa, a pickup is fine by them and they are moving premesis even close to my house next week :)

seen second hand scuttle plates going on the bay for £40

seems a bit pricey for a bit of plastic :confused:

may have to ring around the scrappys when I have the car.
When I put a Gruppe M on my second EP3, I went to a Honda dealer for a spare scuttle, and they wanted over £80 for one. Keep an eye out in scrappies as you say, as all 3 door EP Civic's share the same scuttle. I paid less than £10 in the end when I went to a scrappy opposite the dealership in Poole. :)

If you fancy doing the work yourself, there's a guide on my forum, follow that.

Why would you drop VTEC to 2k rpm? the race part of the cam doesnt work there.

Thank you, an others.
when it comes to VTEC engines, I am a noob.
I drive a 1.6VVT Megane. Great first car, an has always been fun, getting tired a little. An I want some thing with a Bigger, High Revving Engine.
Rear wheel drive is a must..

Why? Well because, I potentially could.
The idea would be to leave the engine as standard, an then having a button to force Sport/Race mode.
With the higher revving, an more aggressive map, lower the VTEC engage point + idea to maximise the power bands.
An the hope would be to allow for maximum power possible for track days, an back road fun.

At what point does the Race cam become effective?
4000-5000rpm?

Plus if you fancy being able to do 70mph on the motorway then you would want it up at 5000rpm.

You can set VTEC to come in at varying throttle pressures, so on my DC5 for example, full throttle VTEC was 4500 rpm and part throttle VTEC was 6000 rpm.

When I put a Gruppe M on my second EP3, I went to a Honda dealer for a spare scuttle, and they wanted over £80 for one. Keep an eye out in scrappies as you say, as all 3 door EP Civic's share the same scuttle. I paid less than £10 in the end when I went to a scrappy opposite the dealership in Poole. :)

If you fancy doing the work yourself, there's a guide on my forum, follow that.

just spotted that, thanks for the help Chris :)

It's mostly taken up buy the engine work, overbored by .25mm with mostly new bits. Got loads of other stuff done at the same time as it's all out. I could have had it done for 1-1k but it doesn't fix the issue just covers the symptoms. Theory is that it had a blower.

jeez, sorry to hear. shoulda posted a thread on the car when you first saw it n got some advice, rebuilt b18cs are a big gamble.

Currenty in a 350z at the moment but I really do miss my DC2. Love to be back in vtec at some point, preferably an S2000/supercharger combo...

Heres some pics of my old DC2, some guy came from France and bought it, was bloody immaculate.

PICT0198.jpg

PICT0212.jpg

PICT0216.jpg

/edit. Damn I really miss is, every time I look at the pics I regret ever selling it.

Back
Top Bottom