Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
Steering wheel looks great, they've done a nice job on that.

As for e-tuning, well I don't think I can fully express what a thoroughly retarded concept it is. How anyone can believe it's as good as putting a car on a dyno with an experience operator is laughable.

Soldato
Did you ask them about looking at the centre of the wheel too?

Does it look as 'old' as it does in the photo?

Nope.

The centre part is one solid piece containing the airbag, so it's not leather than can just be whipped off and re-trimmed. Seems to be Vinyl of some kind.

The one in the picture is my spare one, with the better one in the car atm. It's not perfect, but nothing can be done about it, although I wheel give the centre bit a damn good scrub and get the shine out of it.

Soldato
My Lamda sensor needs replacing, Denso official Honda one is £250, or I can get an NGK one for £84, is there really any difference? Generally I stay OEM with some things but it's not like NGK are a poor make.

Soldato
My Lamda sensor needs replacing, Denso official Honda one is £250, or I can get an NGK one for £84, is there really any difference? Generally I stay OEM with some things but it's not like NGK are a poor make.

Rockauto.

We've done 3 group buys on the DC2 forum. Came out to under 50 each delivered for a Denso.

Soldato
Thanks a lot. Do they fail commonly in DC's as well? I read it's common in a lot of modern K20 variants. Can't actually find specific sensor for K20Z4

Last edited:
Soldato
Easy, the K20 is a wideband oxygen sensor, the B18 a narrowband.

Ah ok, that now makes me think I have the wrong sensor because mine starts with an O which according to NTK means Oxygen sensor, and some start with an L for Linear (Wideband). Or am I being a dipstick and that doesn't mean what I think.

Soldato
Thats sounds logical.

The wideband on mine is called a LAF on Honda EPC. Lean Air Fuel Sensor.

4 wires will tend to suggest Narrow where you just get the voltage swing either side of stoich and 5 wires for a Wideband that gives actual air fuel ratio sample rate.

Soldato
Well the OEM (Denso) one is 4 plug so god knows. Only one way to find out.
genuine-honda-primary-o2-oxygen-sensor-civic-type-r-fn2-3092.jpg

Although my one has 4 pins not 4 holes so god knows. If I had my own ramp it would be easier. That said, above may be a denso library image.

Edit: Just learned that OEM is not a true WB sensor, it's semi wideband.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom