Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I need some front inner and outter track control arm bushing for my eg6.
Anyone recommend somewhere that's sells them, I'm think polyurethane..

Associate
Steering wheel looks great, they've done a nice job on that.

As for e-tuning, well I don't think I can fully express what a thoroughly retarded concept it is. How anyone can believe it's as good as putting a car on a dyno with an experience operator is laughable.

Im surprised your not more aware of this as its more commonly done than people seem to realise.

a lot of big power GTRs are tuned this way, especially for owners over in UAE, dubai, abu dabi etc.

Same in america as theres a few UK tuners who tune high end stuff purely from data collected on ECUs then emailed over to them.

I know of a 700whp m5 for example that was done this way.

Its not to say having a tuner in the passanger seat isnt better, but doing by email is fine aslong as the calibration data is accurate.

You monitor AFR, Knock, EGTs then look at fuel duty vs AFR to calculate power increases etc

Soldato
Im surprised your not more aware of this as its more commonly done than people seem to realise.

a lot of big power GTRs are tuned this way, especially for owners over in UAE, dubai, abu dabi etc.

Same in america as theres a few UK tuners who tune high end stuff purely from data collected on ECUs then emailed over to them.

I know of a 700whp m5 for example that was done this way.

Its not to say having a tuner in the passanger seat isnt better, but doing by email is fine aslong as the calibration data is accurate.

You monitor AFR, Knock, EGTs then look at fuel duty vs AFR to calculate power increases etc

I'd never heard of it until I saw and sat in some cars that had it done and they all felt amazing. It helps if you know exactly what the Hondata FlashPro shows and how it can be changed but some people will never see past the "old fashioned way".
I've seen dyno graphs for an unfinished e-tune (my tuner) and a full dyno tune, 2hp difference, major difference was the part throttle on the etune felt amazing according to the tester. Fact is nobody knows our ECU or the Hondata software as well as him. He spends way more time on the finer details, I'll need about 30 revisions before he feels it's complete and you simply don't get that attention on a roller. Each revision requires more datalogging so yes it takes longer but the end result is worth it, oh and less than half the price of a dyno tune in most of the big garages.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not going to sit here and try to justify my decision, the amount of business the guy gets speaks volumes and there is a reason people use him from all over. If you want to and I'm sure you don't, have a search around for VitViper (flashprotuning and myvtecbroke) and make your own conclusions.
My conclusion was made up from actually experiencing his work in supercharged and N/A applications of the K20. Also seen motors he's tuned in the US with K20 running damn good times.
I'm more than happy with my decision and if others wish to dismiss it then fine, makes no difference to my satisfaction or Vit's level of respect among Honda enthusiasts.
Oh, he also knows mechanics damn well, myvtecbroke.com highlights this better than the other site.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have not dismissed dynos at all and I didn't mean by posts to come out that way. Just trying to open some peoples eyes who think dynos are the be all and end all of tuning, far far from the case. I don't know what tools are available for other cars, I'm talking Honda variants here.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tuning as in tweaking a solid calibration, yes you can do that. I've done it enough times with turbo and supercharged Hondas until we could get on a dyno for wideband. Of course K20 can give you that sort of feedback straight away, it will even auto tune. Crome had something similar developed nearly 10years ago that I used on my B16 Rover.

Soldato
I don't know what the starting point is tbh. I had to list my mods before it started and I guess the tuners have a base to start with from similar setups but where they got that from I don''t know. Considering the amount of tunes he's done I'm putting it down to homework. OOI, what advantage does the dyno give using the same Hondata flashpro to tune?

Soldato
Noticed an oddity the other day.

Never realised I had a "noise" which shouldn't have been there until I dipped the clutch at tickover the other day and then essentially silence occured after a few seconds of holding the clutch pedal down.

Raise it up, slight whirring which I'd never noticed before as it's nothing.

Should I worry? :D EP3 2004 Type R.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Noticed an oddity the other day.

Never realised I had a "noise" which shouldn't have been there until I dipped the clutch at tickover the other day and then essentially silence occured after a few seconds of holding the clutch pedal down.

Raise it up, slight whirring which I'd never noticed before as it's nothing.

Should I worry? :D EP3 2004 Type R.

mine does it too. ever so slightly.

im not worried about mine. my mechanic says they all do it.

Back
Top Bottom