Type R and VTEC owners

Caporegime
9dda60d1.jpg

Soldato
I've just driven an EP3 for the first time. LOVE IT!! My mate let me drive his at lunch because I'm looking at one this evening and I wanted to know what they feel like before test driving the one I might buy.

It's absolutely awesome! haha

Well excited on this off chance that the one I'm looking at later is decent enough to buy now :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Noticeable on my DC2, really helped firm up the peddle.

Well worth the £20!!!!

stuff it, im gonna order one. its only 20 boys.

I've just driven an EP3 for the first time. LOVE IT!! My mate let me drive his at lunch because I'm looking at one this evening and I wanted to know what they feel like before test driving the one I might buy.

It's absolutely awesome! haha

Well excited on this off chance that the one I'm looking at later is decent enough to buy now :D

dont go into it with rose tinted glasses. a 100k+ ep3 is going to have had a hard life. it will only be a good idea if the car has wanted for nothing imho.

A good EP3 is never cheap
A cheap EP3 is never good

;)

Soldato
stuff it, im gonna order one. its only 20 boys.

dont go into it with rose tinted glasses. a 100k+ ep3 is going to have had a hard life. it will only be a good idea if the car has wanted for nothing imho.

A good EP3 is never cheap
A cheap EP3 is never good

;)

Fair comment, are there certain things I should be looking for in the service history?

I've looked over the MOT history online briefly and it looks like it's had advisories for tyres and brakes which have been sorted, it's also missing the rear wiper and the last MOT it had to have a rear ABS sensor replaced.

Do they have belts or chains? and when should they have been done?

Thanks,

G

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
IIRC, didn't you get a bargain for yours? From the pictures it looked mint...

mine was about 1K less than market rate at the time. but the guy was an exotic car dealer who wanted it gone. it was with him less than 48 hours :p

couldn't really say no when I saw it as it was as close to perfect as it could have been bar the tyres

Fair comment, are there certain things I should be looking for in the service history?

http://www.ti-motorsport.co.uk/price-list-honda.php
that is the service schedule from TI motorsport [who are essentially the Tegiwa Garage] but it is pretty much spot on imho

only a few variations on the official honda schedule from what I can see.

Hopefully it'l be as good on your EP3. With uprated pads, braided hoses, ATE Blue fluid and this stopper, it made my brakes as good as I'll ever need on the road.

I have uprated pads at the moment so im hoping it will be noticeable. not exactly a huge loss if not. I was thinking of doing an overhaul with lines and new fluid but it just isnt worth it as the history shows fluid was done 10 months before i got the car and discs and pads were a month old when i got the car. so they will easily be fine until feb next year which is my target for selling it.

Soldato
I am now an EP3 owner :)

£2540 in the end, talked him down to £2550 but he did t have a tenner change on him so he let me have it at £2540 :p

It's not mint but other than a tear in the drivers bolster and a couple of parking dings it is in very good nick for the age and mileage.

Turns out I went to school with the dealer :) he put a tenner in the tank too and delivered it to my house :D

Soldato
Yeah I'm well chuffed :)

Just going to go fill it up at midnight when insurance kicks in lol

Should I use super? Or does it not matter? I have a shell and an esso near me.

Cheers,

G

Soldato
Nice one fella, welcome to the crew :p Price aint too bad, I paid double for my 54 reg last October on 62k, near mint cond all in all and so far it's been flawless for 10k miles apart from a broken window regulator :(

I've been hooning mine a bit and swapping to an ST would only benefit me with a bit more torque but all this cracked liners talk is a bit offputting, the k20 engine seems unburstable really.

I'm gonna start using TI motorsport, been talking to Liam and he seems sound and although not super cheap labour rates by the sounds of it he can work quickly so it balances out nicely.

For anyone who wanted a heads up on the checklist I made collated from various sites: http://www.illusional.co.uk/stuff/civicguide.doc

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Should I use super? Or does it not matter? I have a shell and an esso near me.

I ran vpower in mine from the off. filled up with morrisons povvo spec fuel during the shortage earlier in the year and the car ran like an absolute dog. took two tanks of vpower to get it feeling right again.

my car even came with a wallet of receipts for vpower, so i just kept it up. having said that, I ran my previous car on super. for the sake of a few quid, why not. last time I worked it out, the difference between vpower and shells boggo fuel was £4 per tank. you get double points on vpower so it works out better

Do you not use ABP Motorsport in Crewe Stormster?

that makes the most sense. when I used them for my FRSU and JDM ARB, they were excellent. their rates were superb for servicing also.

Andrew Moore took his FN2 there for alignment, 50k service and induction kit fitting and all that cost less than honda were going to charge for just the service. this includes a service book stamp which didn't affect his warranty.

I will be using them for all my future Honda related endeavours.

TI motorsport seem expensive imho, and I don't think they are able to stamp your log book officially

Soldato
Happy days.
Pics tomorrow then!

Welcome aboard

I've not got any pics of my own yet, but it's this one:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201229479098232

I ran vpower in mine from the off. filled up with morrisons povvo spec fuel during the shortage earlier in the year and the car ran like an absolute dog. took two tanks of vpower to get it feeling right again.

my car even came with a wallet of receipts for vpower, so i just kept it up. having said that, I ran my previous car on super. for the sake of a few quid, why not. last time I worked it out, the difference between vpower and shells boggo fuel was £4 per tank. you get double points on vpower so it works out better

I ended up putting V-Power in too :D Got a drivers club card thing. Much to the disgust of the people in the queue behind me lol :cool:

Back
Top Bottom