Type R and VTEC owners

Soldato
I haven't used ABP yet chaps, no. I would do but its still a 20 odd min drive away and I just cannot for the life of me get time off work to do car stuff...

TI Motorsport are 1 and a bit miles away so I can taxi to work and back to mine or to them after, worst case scenario is I walk from home to there, a whole 15 mins lol.

Was thinking of just sending my car into ABP for lows/alignment etc. It's not that cheap IMO (for the FRSU) but it's done and dusted in one go. Do they offer courtesy cars? :D

EDIT: momentum was rubbish in my car (poor mpg, engine sounded loud and tappy), I'm yet to try vpower but bp ultimate is good.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was filling my at Shell and it was £1.49.9 I did a little :eek: and went to Tesco and Momentum was £1.33.9 :cool:

I've yet to try Momentum, mainly due to horror stories in the internet.

I have trialled Sainsbury's SUL, which was awful. You could feel the roughness, and the revs were no where near as smooth as V Power is. I even rate Shell Fuel Save over Sainsbury's SUL.

Be interesting to see what you make of Tesco Momentum. The only other SUL product I would change to would be BP Ultimate, but Shell gives you points, and is generally cheaper than BP round my area.

Soldato
remember it takes a few tanks of a certain fuel to actually see any differences.

Granted, but it's more of the feel I'm querying. After 2 tanks of Sainsbury's SUL, I could feel how bad it was. It was very jerky in the delivery of fuel it seemed. As if it was a mixture of their worst fuel with the odd dollop of SUL in there to meet minimum standards.

If you know what I mean.

Caporegime
I can reset my ECU if I change fuel, some debate on what benefits it has but it certainly get's rid of roughness straight away. I've put in Momentum quite a few times now (Clubcard, y0) and it's been fine after a reset but the odd splutter after V-Power.

I'd like to run it on V-Power but at £12-13 more a tank it's just another cost that's quite frankly I'd rather spend other things on considering I rarely go about 4k rpm on the way to/from work. Momentums still 99 anyway!

Soldato
I'd like to run it on V-Power but at £12-13 more a tank it's just another cost that's quite frankly I'd rather spend other things on considering I rarely go about 4k rpm on the way to/from work. Momentums still 99 anyway!

V Power is expensive indeed, which is why I gave Sainsbury's a go. I might give Momentum a try too, but there isn't a one local, so I will have to tactically measure when I need to re-fill and make sure I'm on route to my nearest Tesco!

I've resorted back to Fuel Save, for when I'm mainly tootling to work and pottering around. But stick V Power in when I know I'm going for a spirited drive. My car pops and bangs more with Shell fuel, so that's a good enough reason to stick with their brand :p

Soldato
I run Sainsburys 97, with the last unit cost being 132.9 :D

No need to pay 10-15p more a litre for some fancy Shell/BP stuff.

Soldato
I run Sainsburys 97, with the last unit cost being 132.9 :D

No need to pay 10-15p more a litre for some fancy Shell/BP stuff.

V Power isn't that much more round here. My last fill up was £1.40.9 and Fuel Save was £1.32.9. So 8p difference. Sainsbury's SUL is £1.33.9. 7p difference.

So 55 litre tank.
V Power > Fuel Save = £4.40
V Power > Sainbsury's SUL = £3.85

Soldato
V Power isn't that much more round here. My last fill up was £1.40.9 and Fuel Save was £1.32.9. So 8p difference. Sainsbury's SUL is £1.33.9. 7p difference.

So 55 litre tank.

Difference here is pretty similar, I think it is 137.9 for V power ATM

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I usually end up filling up with Tesco Momentum as that's what's nearest the office when I make my trip home.

Can't say I've had a problem with it, engine runs very nicely indeed.

Soldato

So 55 litre tank.

Nice, couldn't be bothered to calc it out.

I only do 5k a year so it's not a massive saving. Bu 'Every Little Helps' :D

Soldato
Would there be any way to repair a torn bolster? or anything I could do to stop it getting worse? the foam is all good.

Caporegime
Would there be any way to repair a torn bolster? or anything I could do to stop it getting worse? the foam is all good.

http://www.capitalseating.co.uk/productlist.asp?type=s&view=range&rid=62&mid=2

"The RECARO seats fitted to the Honda Civic Type R EP3 were manufactured specifically for this vehicle. Certain components used on these seats are common to other RECARO products which we are able to supply. In many circumstances we can offer equivalent parts if the originals are not available."

Just have a quick search on Civic owners for which part numbers are applicable to your car

Soldato
From the CTRO......

376867_10151133440346660_1349795796_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom