Type R and VTEC owners

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
As apposed to you and Nath in the real world (EMO universe)

coming from the white impreza driving beer swilling football hooligan...

in other news. I went to test drive a GT86 the other weekend. it was decent but the highlight of the trip was speaking to a very nice chap who was also there for a test drive about his immaculate DC5 which i have to say. was bloody superb.

easily the nicest and most well kept example i have seen in the metal.

20120722_120034.jpg

Soldato
Had a feeling the price was a bit steep. The only engine rebuild is probably an after effect of a thrashing. I now see your point :D

What kinda mileage would you go for with a budget of say 5k. Can decent premier ones come up at this price point

Soldato
I paid 5250 for my car with 62k on last October, 54 reg FSH as straight as they come really. Looked at a lot of dogs.

I really don't think it's usual for these engines to need rebuilding, prob missed a gear and hit obscene RPM and killed it and wants to recuperate some cash now with his ridiculous asking price.

For 5k I'd be looking for an 05/55 plate, poss premier with about 55k miles or so really. Obviously they'll be advertised around 53 to 5500 but you beat 'em down :)

Soldato
[/QUOTE]

OHHHHH MYYY, that is sublime :eek::cool:

[quote="Hedge, post: 22481764"]Any opinions on this ? [url]http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201231480341744/sort/default/usedcars/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/price-to/6000/fuel-type/petrol/model/civic/make/honda/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/postcode/ne332er/page/1/radius/30?logcode=p[/url]

Im pondering over a few different types of car and this came up quite local.[/QUOTE]

[quote].......the engine has just been completely striped and rebuilt at 60,000 mile by local garage[/quote]

AVOID it Anders!!!!!!!

Even some of the best garages have problems with rebuilds and there are only a few places in the UK I'd ever trust with a K20/B18 build. A random local garage isn't one of them.

Soldato
Found a nice one with 55000 miles. 2005 plate. Full Honda service history with a picture of the book with stamps all at the same Honda garage. Last serviced 4k ago.

Does look good. I'm gonna try and have a look next week when I'm off work. And aim for £5k if possible. Although I've never haggled before lol x

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
If you're buying a facelift ep3 now, you should really be looking to net an 05+ example, with fhsh and around 50k on the clock for your budget.

Personally, I wouldn't be considering spending more than 5k.

Soldato
If you're buying a facelift ep3 now, you should really be looking to net an 05+ example, with fhsh and around 50k on the clock for your budget.

Personally, I wouldn't be considering spending more than 5k.

Does the one I just linked seem okay? Its only 30 miles from mine. Im planning on getting a 5k bank loan over 1-2 years as I get a bonus of a few grand in May anyway.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
It looks ok but if I was financing it, and I would want to make sure it was spot on and exactly what I wanted.

Write yourself out a key list of realistic criteria and stick to it imho

Soldato
Criteria I think I'm happy with red or black, premier would be nice. Mileage below 60k. Price below 5.5k. Fsh. And that's about all I know of really.

I'd like to add white wheels to it in future too.

I can have the loan cleared in may so financial side shouldn't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom