Type R and VTEC owners

Permabanned
Think I'm set on spending the 5.5k on a civic now.

Just gotta find the right one. Taken has probably taken the one appearing here.

Definitely appealing to me though.

Ep3s are faster though if I'm right?

I would say the EP3's have the edge in speed due to body weight. However as standard the FN2's Vtec kicks in a little earlier so this would probably even them up.

The lack of independent rear suspension in the FN2 is the kicker. But am I correct in thinking the newer FN2's have an LSD? so again it's evened up.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

The way I see them is:-

EP3, lighter, more spartan, lesser build quality (interior) but the more focused B-road car and stripped make OK track cars, though lack of LSD is a bit of a killer.

FN2 is a more solid car, it feels more premium and has a better quality interior and the seats are a massive improvement, a lot more bucket style and more supportive. The FN2 certainly seems to have a better mid-range. But its extra weight and lack of IRS mean they are not quite as capable on a UK road, on a track however the lack of IRS does not really impede the car. I believe LSD was not until 2010 and newer models and this would make them more fun for sure on roundabouts. :D

Infact to be honest, unless your Michael Schumacher behind the wheel your not gonna be any slower or faster in either on your favourite country road. By this I mean you could have a crap driver in an EP and a half capable driver in the FN2 and the FN2 shall be the quicker car.

If my aim was track weapon, I'd probably go EP and strip it out completely, for the road FN2. But saying that for a track weapon, 5k would build me an epic 328i which having done a lot of trackdays would kick any FWD hatch backside with relative ease, apart from the mega lightweight stuff pushing out some nice horses. :)
But saying that, try driving a stripped 328i on coilovers on the road, OMG utter headache!

Soldato
Interesting post thanks. I'm set now on the civic. Coming from a gti6 I think it's a nice step to something equally fun but more modern.

I've got an ep3 I wanna look at that I think I linked earlier. 55k miles and 5500 quid.

Full Honda service history makes it look a good buy. All servicing done in same place as it's two owners were friends. Gonna phone up tomorrow afternoon about that.

Ideally would aim for less money though. Gibbo I would discuss your potential motor too but rules here are weird to avoid. How can it be done in mm when there is no mm for motors.

OcUK Staff
Interesting post thanks. I'm set now on the civic. Coming from a gti6 I think it's a nice step to something equally fun but more modern.

I've got an ep3 I wanna look at that I think I linked earlier. 55k miles and 5500 quid.

Full Honda service history makes it look a good buy. All servicing done in same place as it's two owners were friends. Gonna phone up tomorrow afternoon about that.

Ideally would aim for less money though. Gibbo I would discuss your potential motor too but rules here are weird to avoid. How can it be done in mm when there is no mm for motors.

I would have a potential buyer, if anything changes being an admin I can contact you. :)

Associate
Anyone else gone from the Tesco Momentum to V-Power? I used to always fill up with the Tesco stuff for the points but last few refils I've used V-Power and im noticing the car feeling much better to drive. Feels a lot more responsive and generally just seems to run smoother. Think I'll be sticking with the V-Power from now on.

Soldato
I've got some weird tar type stuff coming out the bottom of my doors. I have got sound proofing in there so I'm wondering if it's that leaking? I've cleaned it off and had a look under the door card but it's seeping out of a few places. No idea what it is or who to take it to in order to rectify it :S

7725609132_a9f99c5ae7.jpg

OcUK Staff
Anyone else gone from the Tesco Momentum to V-Power? I used to always fill up with the Tesco stuff for the points but last few refils I've used V-Power and im noticing the car feeling much better to drive. Feels a lot more responsive and generally just seems to run smoother. Think I'll be sticking with the V-Power from now on.

The 911 is about to get it's first tank of 99 this week as at 90p a litre Vpower can go a miss for one tank full. :)

Soldato
90p a litre ? Bargain

Sure going to miss the LSD when I change my Civic VTI shortly :(

Great for rbouts, tight corners etc

None of the cars I'm considering (EP3 at top of list ) have it

Back
Top Bottom