Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
Been playing a week or so now and it's good fun but noticeably buggy and not as complete a game as Far Cry 4

So far i've had:
  • Quest items floating in mid air (when I shot the irrigation pipe off the windmill, it fell half way then got stuck in mid air)
Lmao, I thought I was the only one to experience that and that it was a one off so I never mentioned it. Can't believe the game has been out for as long as this with only ONE patch issued.

Soldato
Indeed I am hoping it is that. It's just that Ubi have gone all No Mans Sky on us and have remained very quiet. As a result frustration is building up on their forums and reddit too. The fact that these simplistic 'live event' rewards are bugged too isn't helping matters. Lad down the road from me has the PS4 version and hasn't any of the rewards since the events began.

Soldato
Is anyone else using Reshade? If so, how do you save the settings? I've used it in other games without issue, but with this it always forgets what I've set after exiting and reloading the game

Soldato
Folks, I'm utterly stuck on a Story Mission. The one where you need to capture x2 fuel tankers and deliver them to Falls End. I've been in a helo for the last hour flying up and down the roads near Falls End and only found one tanker and even at that, when I tried shooting the driver it blew up the tanker! Any tips? Getting annoying!!!

Soldato
Folks, I'm utterly stuck on a Story Mission. The one where you need to capture x2 fuel tankers and deliver them to Falls End. I've been in a helo for the last hour flying up and down the roads near Falls End and only found one tanker and even at that, when I tried shooting the driver it blew up the tanker! Any tips? Getting annoying!!!
I just randomly drove around the region, including some of the dirt roads and eventually you'll come across them. Very annoying however as I also had an open mission where you have to take out a convoy of 3 trunks with mounted guns. I kept running in to these chumps and not the tankers!

Soldato
Finally completed the game, some fun missions and decent story with some very good protagonists.

I wouldn't say the game was amazing but decent enough for me to complete it, the game has like the worst AI ever.

Soldato
I'm done with the game and moved on - Playing Mad Max at present before I return to finish off FarCry 4's remaining quests.

Tired of waiting and from their forums and upcoming update notes it seems as though they're more focused on prioritising pointless Arcade mode over single player. The forum mods have only just asked folks over there to raise a fuss on social media etc (like they did with AC:O) to implement NG+ into the game. From literally the first week players have been offering valuable feedback on the messy state of the game and they're only just asking players now? Sod that.

They've created a stunning world in FC5 and they cba prioritising it's many issues over cruddy Arcade. Makes sod all sense.

Soldato
I honestly enjoyed the game, it was much better than I expected after FC4. It's not perfect by any means but the ending genuinely surprised me and made me think. I don't understand the backlash by game critics, it seems like they're trying to project their own political views on how the game should be portrayed, which is typical of the times really :rolleyes:

Aside from a few bugs mostly revolving around enemies magically spawning after just clearing out a spot, I've not seen anything that's game breaking. The biggest gripe I had about the game was the forced story segments which made me miss a few sidequests (especially early on) because of missions changing the local circumstances. On my next playthrough I'll be avoiding interacting with the game world until I've done the sidequests, which is counter to what the game clearly wants you to do when it throws different enemies at you constantly (rescuing NPCs, killing VIPs, stealing trucks etc.)

Overall I recommend it to anyone on the fence about getting it. Good characters, well portrayed world circumstance, awesome soundtrack and tons of fun.

Soldato
This game feels different compared to Far Cry 3 and 4, and i really miss the crafting elements that those two games had.

I don't like the forced captures that happen at certain points, despite i'm wiping out the enemy despite being gassed, i could do without that and instead it's a case of clearing an area and then you meet the boss of the area.

It's still an enjoyable game, just not as good as 3 and 4.

I enjoyed the story and characters, beautiful world building, yeah its broken in places and i feel like i had the majority of weapons by the time i'd only cleared one area so you end up using the same stuff for the whole game. Plus once you get a chopper with guns clearing out cult outposts becomes silly, you dont even have to set foot on the ground most of the time!

Dat ending though...wow.

PS: Dat soundtrack is something else, dont think ive ever seen so much love in the audio of any game than in this.

Man of Honour
Got bored very quickly. To me it feels too similar to previous Farcry titles. I will finish it, just atm I'm more addicted to PUBG..

I do wonder where gaming will go now. I don't hear anyone talking about these games, they are all playing PUBG and Fortnight. It hard to imagine these big developers not producing similar games in future or them having a big influence on games like Far Cry.

Associate
I think we will see more battle royale games released this year. Whatever the new COD and BF games are will 100% have a BR mode. With how popular they are, they would be crazy to ignore it. I think someone from EA said recently they are planning on their own BR title or mode for BF. We shall see..

Back
Top Bottom