Ubisoft FarCry 5 'are you ready' thread just shown up....

Soldato
It has hooked me in much quicker than 4, but then I prefer the setting. I sat on 4 for nearly a year before I went back to it.

That is possibly the best way to do it as it has been patched a lot beforehand. You can see the odd bugs and weird goings on in this and its quite funny in places. One funny I saw last night not sure it was meant a cult guy I was about to shoot just got thrown up into the air by a bear that just spawned from nowhere. He landed in the back of a truck, jumped into drivers seat, ran over the bear then crashed into the fuel truck and both blew up. I was killing myself laughing.

Man of Honour
Really enjoying this. The little stash puzzles are fun. Mostly just walking around doing random stuff. Many of the elements are quite repetitive and I can see that it would be quick to complete the story if you really wanted to, but I am dragging it out a bit. It is a massive shame that all of the peggies disappear after the mini bosses are killed. They should leave some around.

Soldato
Yeah the prepper stashes are brilliant - enjoyed that more than taking boring outposts, which are far too easy and plain compared to 4. The haunted house prepper stash and one in a mine are proper spookeh! :o

Big update coming today, mostly fixes and no NG+ yet. I figure the team want to get the DLC out firstly for Season pass folks before they even look at NG+. I've been lurking on their forums and there are newer players STILL posting NG+ threads up and I think the developers finally see it as an issue to be addressed. Lord knows how the hell they didn't realise how short the game is during testing.

Soldato
Yeah the prepper stashes are brilliant - enjoyed that more than taking boring outposts, which are far too easy and plain compared to 4. The haunted house prepper stash and one in a mine are proper spookeh! :o

Big update coming today, mostly fixes and no NG+ yet. I figure the team want to get the DLC out firstly for Season pass folks before they even look at NG+. I've been lurking on their forums and there are newer players STILL posting NG+ threads up and I think the developers finally see it as an issue to be addressed. Lord knows how the hell they didn't realise how short the game is during testing.

Id guys moved to Discord yet or still all hanging out on IRC ? :p

Soldato
Have only just started playing maybe 3 hours or so in. I’m quite enjoying it but I’m not sure if it’s going to keep me gripped enough to play through to the end. Would agree the stash discovery and looting is more fun than taking the outposts. I do like everything is in place once captured. After Fallouts DIY outpost building for every area discovered, it makes a nice change :)

The game looks and plays lovely on my U3417W and GTX 1080.

Man of Honour
Well that was annoying. After taking out Seeds region and realising that there are no enemies around afterwards I figured I would have the option to wait before killing faith. Nope :(. I also seem to have lost story missions.

I am enjoying the gameplay and visuals, but getting forced through the story is ridiculous. Who thought that would be a good idea?

Soldato
Well that was annoying. After taking out Seeds region and realising that there are no enemies around afterwards I figured I would have the option to wait before killing faith. Nope :(. I also seem to have lost story missions.

I am enjoying the gameplay and visuals, but getting forced through the story is ridiculous. Who thought that would be a good idea?
Exactly why I said a while ago that reserve judgement until you finish the game :p

You have now seen its key flaws that folks have been complaining about since it's first week. Unlike FarCry 4, you can't play any aspect of it the way YOU want to. Even the way skill points are accumulated dictate you to play the game in a particular way.

Backed up my main save a few days ago and restarted just for a muck around. This time I'm focusing on story quests first and ignoring road side hostages and anything that gives out resistance points as these points are a last priority. I missed out so many story missions on my first save because they become void once you kill the herald.

Soldato
Just started this and the opening stuff imo was great, I did play 2(terrible in all areas was this one) ,3,4 however never finished them always got so far but then bored, this might be the first one I finish!

Back
Top Bottom