UEFA Euro 2024 Final Spain v England ** spoilers ** [Sunday 14th July 2024]

Soldato
The problem is if howe doesn't do any good with england he might not get another top job
5 years with England he doesn’t need another top job his bank account will be nicely topped up. Not sure he gets a better job post Newcastle than he would post England the really big clubs aren’t going to be interested either way unless he wins big but plenty of mid tier teams will take a punt I’m sure Southgate will get offers.

Soldato
5 years with England he doesn’t need another top job his bank account will be nicely topped up. Not sure he gets a better job post Newcastle than he would post England the really big clubs aren’t going to be interested either way unless he wins big but plenty of mid tier teams will take a punt I’m sure Southgate will get offers.
When ten hag gets sacked at xmas southgate will be at utd :cry:

Soldato
Like I said loads of mid tier clubs will want him:D:cry::D:eek:

Soldato
Porch needs to refund his mojo he was great for Southampton and Spurs but seems to have lost something of himself in the two club big jobs that followed. Maybe working with a fixed group of players and trying to improve them would be liberating after the big budget messes!
Considering the mess he had to get the grips with at Chelsea I actually think he did very well to finish 6th, if you take results just from the 2nd half of the season once he had the time to build a system and work with the players then he’d have got top 4.

Associate
Looks like its going to be Potter most likely. Or to put it another way Gareth Southgate #2

The FA have got more than one eye on how teh England mamager performs off the field rather than how he manages from a purely football perspective - can he say the right things, tick all the boxes etc etc Potter fits that perfectly.

Soldato
No tears shed for Southgate, clearly a tournament too far and rode the luck of the draw. His record against top teams simply isn't good enough.

Klopp would be the first choice for me but can't see it happening.

That leaves potter, howe or carsley but with Howe signing a new contract with be between the other two?

Caporegime
FA need to go for a proven winner if they want to get England over the line.

There are like one or two names available who are “proven winners”. Klopp ain’t happening if that’s who you’re hinting at.

It’s pretty funny seeing the realisation from people that the next man will be another English yes man.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are like one or two names available who are “proven winners”. Klopp ain’t happening if that’s who you’re hinting at.
Getting Klopp would obviously be amazing, failing that I think someone like Ruben Amorim.
It’s pretty funny seeing the realisation from people that the next man will be another English yes man
If the FA get it badly wrong it’ll be their heads on the block next

Last edited:
Caporegime
A chance to manage some of the best players in the world with a good shot at lifting the World Cup in 2 years?
Well why stop there, lets get Pep or Zidane in. After all it's so clearly a job that anyone would want. That would be why we haven't had a top manager in decades and no nations have top managers. Look at the managerial record of the Spain manager! The biggest club job he's had is in the Spanish third division.

Soldato
@Shamikebab well at least the the Spain manager has a track record of winning things. Wouldn't be the end of the world if carsley ends up with it. At least he knows the setup and has coached the likes of Palmer and Gordon.

Back
Top Bottom