UEFA Euro 2024 Semi Finals ** spoilers ** [9th - 10th July 2024]

Soldato
I've watched the challenge for the penalty again a few times. Thats a free kick and a booking anywhere else on the pitch. Harsh if it's against you but they can't have any real complaints imo. If the Dutch do want to complain they should ask why Weghorst was more interested in wrestling people instead of trying to win them the game.

Soldato
I'm not one of these people that thinks players that do well as late subs are automatically deserving of a starting spot. Watkins got that goal because he was fresh and the defender was tired. Brilliant finish and exactly the sort of player you want to be able to bring on later in the game.

Don
I'm not one of these people that thinks players that do well as late subs are automatically deserving of a starting spot. Watkins got that goal because he was fresh and the defender was tired. Brilliant finish and exactly the sort of player you want to be able to bring on later in the game.
Totally agree, however literally anyone will have fresher legs than Kane, both at the 70th minute (or whenever the subs were made), but equally even after just a minute after kick off.

Soldato
Agree Watkins was great in that moment and will always be a threat against tired legs!

Soldato

It's not just about that , kane drops way to deep and isn't suited to the play style it's not happened in just 1 game it's been all through the tournament

Watkins is suited because he tries to run in behind and also better on the counter

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom