Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not being able to get Maccies, Starbucks, coke, kfc etc is gonna seriously **** the young generation off

No Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, twitter etc

Hasn't Microsoft pulled out as well so no xbox live? Not sure on that one.

Could back fire and just send a load of angry teenagers into "Putin Youth" clubs

Soldato
and Ukraine can fly them.

Yes-ish, kind of. There's still quite a few differences in the electronics between the "older-tech" Polish and "newer-tech" Ukrainian Mig-29's. It's a bit like having a Mk3 Mondeo and a Mk5 Mondeo - they may both be called a Mondeo but the infotainment etc is very different and if you're used to a newer Mk5 then stepping back into a Mk3 will take a bit of getting used to. However the amount of training the Ukrainians will have to do to get to grips with these lesser capable MiG-29's is far lower than giving them something they don't already have, plus being in a war puts a whole new urgency behind training which will also speed things up.

The two issues I see so far is that the older Polish Mig-29's have a worse Radar and Electronic Warfare kit than the newer Ukrainian MiG's and those two things, in a war, could be problem if you can't see enemies as clearly as before and if you don't know if an enemy can see you as well as you could before.

Soldato
These jets that Ukraine are asking for are they going to be enough to make a big difference in Ukraine's tactical capabilities? Does anyone know if these aircraft can be used to drop guided bombs or are they strictly used only for aerial combat?

Absolutely! A mans true colours are shown in times of extreme pressure and hardship, Zelensky has shown himself to be a truly inspirational leader, I could only wish we had someone like that.

Different horses for different courses

Who knows how another leader in Ukraine could have been better or worse. But from what I can tell most people are very impressed with Zelensky right now.

I've been far from a fan of Boris since he took on the PM role, even as an actual Tory. But IMO for him (I have low expectations in regards him now) hes actually done ok as well
Its required what hes good at, being a face, saying stuff and persuading, and left the rest to other capable people to deliver (eg military to get the arms over there and do training etc)
As ever I find politicans often can make the right decisions, but then they should step away, once they start to get involved their generally utter lack of competence torpedoes delivery.
I mean its literally the point of a professional nonpartisan civil service right...

When you compare to Patel and Truss both yet again failing harder than the Sinclair C5. Both utterly incapable and embarrassing the UK on the international stage.

Caporegime
No Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, twitter etc

Hasn't Microsoft pulled out as well so no xbox live? Not sure on that one.

Could back fire and just send a load of angry teenagers into "Putin Youth" clubs

Should be clear that they can just use a VPN to access them. The youth in Russia are probably already pretty used to this.

Soldato
These jets that Ukraine are asking for are they going to be enough to make a big difference in Ukraine's tactical capabilities? Does anyone know if these aircraft can be used to drop guided bombs or are they strictly used only for aerial combat?
And where are they going to land them without being targetted by cruise missiles. Putin's already said he's willing to target bases outside of Ukraine that host Ukrainian aircraft, so could be the blue touch paper he needs to kick off WWIII

Caporegime
Why the sanctions are unlikely to work to stop Putin or remove him from power :(: https://www.theguardian.com/comment...ions-vladimir-putin-kremlin-russian-oligarchy

Don't think that was ever the point of the sanctions beyond being a possible bonus, I think one of the reasons for this is to stymie Russia's development so that by the time they can mount any response the West will have sorted itself out.

The main reason is of course to provide a severe consequence to irritating the rules-based order.

Last edited:
Soldato
Associate
And where are they going to land them without being targetted by cruise missiles. Putin's already said he's willing to target bases outside of Ukraine that host Ukrainian aircraft, so could be the blue touch paper he needs to kick off WWIII

say he bombs some airfield in Poland or Germany…. Then what? If it’s an isolated one off retaliation for Poland/US giving planes would we actually do anything? if so then what exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom