Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
He's one of the most corrupt politicians in one of the most corrupt governments on the planet, I can't get behind him.

Personally, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here. I've seen, as other on here who know Ukraine have seen, the country has been really trying to shrug off the corruption. It's slow and has taken steps forwards and backwards along the way. I think Zelensky, and whoever is behind him (the guy that owns the TV station) have been making progress on cleaning up Ukraine's act.

IMHO anyway.

Soldato
Soldato
Man of Honour
I honestly dont think it matters all that much if Zelensky has some dodgy dealing in his closet (and I could well believe he has), imo pretty much all politicians are dodgy in one way or another, the average national parliament building has more bent people in it than a scoliosis convention. Fact is that despite my own spidey senses being a little tingly when I see Zelensky on the tv, there is no doubt he has been inspirational throughout this so far and been exactly what Ukraine and its people have needed.

Soldato
It looks like a Win/Win situation for Poland - they get rid of their fairly aged MiG-29 fleet (updated in '13 but not even close to "modern" standards) which were already creaking with a poor supply chain and they're getting additional F-16's in return (my guess would be Block 40/42 rather than 50/52's) which despite their age have far better avionics than the MiG's their losing, plus they make the problem of "Russia getting annoyed" by giving them to the US making it an American issue to get them handed over to Ukraine so anything bad happens Poland can go "not my fault".

Soldato
It looks like a Win/Win situation for Poland - they get rid of their fairly aged MiG-29 fleet (updated in '13 but not even close to "modern" standards) which were already creaking with a poor supply chain and they're getting additional F-16's in return, which my guess would be Block 40/42 which have far better avionics than the MiG's their losing, plus they make the problem of "Russia getting annoyed" by giving them to the US making it an American issue to get them handed over to Ukraine so anything bad happens Poland can go "not my fault".
and Ukraine can fly them.

Soldato
I honestly dont think it matters all that much if Zelensky has some dodgy dealing in his closet
As far as I am aware his 'dodgy dealings' amount to having an offshore account (pre-election) and that he hired someone a few years earlier than he should have.
Its pretty laughable to even make out that hes like some mega corrupt leader...the evidence for that certainly is not there in the slightest.

Associate
You pulled that bolded statement right out of your ass. I also never stated what they were hypocritical about so another ******** statement about my "logic". Nice try with strawman though, better luck next time.

Washout used Reflect.
He hurt himself in his own confusion.
You're right, perhaps I did build a strawman argument there if you don't think we should be involved for reasons other than because of the wests previous actions in the middle east. Apologies if so.
But then enlighten me as I'm curious. What is the hypocritical viewpoint you're seeing in here? Everyone else that's said that of folks in here were directly referencing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Soldato
Not being able to get Maccies, Starbucks, coke, kfc etc is gonna seriously **** the young generation off
Wait......a ...... minute......

Our first lockdown..........were we being sanctioned? Did COVID even exist? Where we working from home to avoid congregating in built up cities?

Chaps I think we were in a secret war????

Man of Honour
As far as I am aware his 'dodgy dealings' amount to having an offshore account (pre-election) and that he hired someone a few years earlier than he should have.
Its pretty laughable to even make out that hes like some mega corrupt leader...the evidence for that certainly is not there in the slightest.

Given that I think that all leaders are corrupt in some way or other, I would agree with you, he isnt a mega corrupt leader and is most likely no more or less corrupt than the average politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom