Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still claiming that Putin wants to negotiate a peaceful solution can get that out of their head right now.

John Sullivan was America's man in Moscow in the run-up to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The former US ambassador is the one who had conversations with Russian officials about trying to prevent a war, but "there was no engagement", he said.

"They demanded security guarantees for Russia but wouldn't talk constructively about security for Ukraine. They never moved beyond their talking points… it was a charade."

When I ask whether the US should work harder at continuing those conversations to try to end the conflict, he tells me that President Vladimir Putin "wasn't interested in negotiating before the war. He's still not interested in negotiating".

Instead, the Biden administration has focused on rallying global support for arming Ukraine and sanctioning Russia, itself shipping billions of dollars of weapons to the country.

(Source).

Anyone still claiming that Putin wants to negotiate a peaceful solution can get that out of their head right now.

(Source).

If you look at Russia's draft security proposals from December 2021 it is fairly plain their intention wasn't for a negotiation, not to solve some potentially legitimate issues within eastern Ukraine, but an attempt to use negotiations to weaken the defensive positions of Ukraine and the Baltics which would have aided Russia in their invasion and future plans.

(Not to mention the changes they were complaining about the most were a reaction to and attempts to find better security within eastern NATO states after Russia's actions in 2014).

Last edited:
On another note Putin's speech was quite odd really, a more Western style state of the union address with a Soviet spin - seems more intended to try and head off cracks appearing within the government and military internally than anything else. Some attempts to pacify mutterings of discontent within Siberian regions. Along with some preparation, pre-prepared justifications for the conflict to such measures which will arise, for wider mobilisation but in very gradual steps.

Usually with Putin there are undertones of where things are going next, but there is very little there, aside from broader long term upheaval domestically as the country gears up for fuller mobilisation towards the war effort.

EDIT: Ultimately as Sankari said if anyone thinks there is a peaceful negotiation out of this situation, short of someone having a loaded gun to Putin's head, they are sadly and unfortunately misguided.

Last edited:
Not sure what the original source is (the POV soldier's accounts keep getting deleted), but much longer version of that footage of 2 Ukrainian guys defending a trench floating around - can see dozens of incoming rounds kicking up dirt close by and hear rounds close overhead much more intense than the bit in the original clip.

The Sun has one of the bits on their YouTube channel.

We cannot ignore the corruption & insanity in our own rotten leadership in the West. A political leader in the UK is a career with one purpose - earning lots of money. I wouldn’t vote for any of the rotten bunch maybe with the exception of Farage who at least tries to be honest.
I do not agree with the war in the Ukraine but Putin is no mad man, the war COULD and SHOULD have been avoided in the first place.
Putins speech makes more sense than anything our own western leaders - with the exception of Trump have said in a very long time.
It’s time to end this nonsense - leaving the EU should have allowed sense in the UK but it’s even worse now, the lot of them are utterly incompetent.

We cannot ignore the corruption & insanity in our own rotten leadership in the West. A political leader in the UK is a career with one purpose - earning lots of money. I wouldn’t vote for any of the rotten bunch maybe with the exception of Farage who at least tries to be honest.
I do not agree with the war in the Ukraine but Putin is no mad man, the war COULD and SHOULD have been avoided in the first place.
Putins speech makes more sense than anything our own western leaders - with the exception of Trump have said in a very long time.
It’s time to end this nonsense - leaving the EU should have allowed sense in the UK but it’s even worse now, the lot of them are utterly incompetent.

Jesus H Christ, I thought it was just Evs your views were a bit iffy on, maybe slightly edgy. But...

Farage who at least tries to be honest? The man is a serial liar
Did you tell Putin the war could and should have been avoided?
Putins speech makes sense? It was a garbled load of hot air, nonsense and lies. I can see why you would find it appealing based on your views of Farage.
Leaving the EU. Ah your one of them nutters.
Were you a "not a trump fan but" ?

What a load of utter drivel.

Jesus H Christ, I thought it was just Evs your views were a bit iffy on, maybe slightly edgy. But...

Farage who at least tries to be honest? The man is a serial liar
Did you tell Putin the war could and should have been avoided?
Putins speech makes sense? It was a garbled load of hot air, nonsense and lies. I can see why you would find it appealing based on your views of Farage.
Leaving the EU. Ah your one of them nutters.
Were you a "not a trump fan but" ?

What a load of utter drivel.
That’s the problem - you nut jobs can’t even see your own insanity.
Well good luck to you all when the bombs start falling.
This war COULD have been avoided.
The EV thing is all part of the same insane incompetent political agenda.

This is parody right? please please tell me this is parody.

This is parody right? please please tell me this is parody.

Did you not see his anti Ev stuff. Ended up thread banned for nonsense.

That’s the trouble, you are all so brainwashed you can’t see what’s in front of your noses.
This forum in particular, is heavily politically biased.

Ah the old lefties bit.

When some people are about its certainly nonsense biased.
Which seems to have a very high correlation with voting for Brexit.
Funny that.

That’s the trouble, you are all so brainwashed you can’t see what’s in front of your noses.
This forum in particular, is heavily politically biased.

I mean Farage is so obviously as bad as any of the others of the rotten bunch it is right in front of anyone's nose. Don't mistake his ability to shrewdly point out the rotten in someone else as equating to there being any virtue on his part.

I got banned because an opposing view isn’t allowed.

Lie.
You got banned for nonsense.

Plenty of others have expressed opposing views and haven't been banned.

As has said over and over, you can't have an opposing view to a fact.
An opposing view to a fact is a lie.

Anyway back on topic.

Last edited:

The absolute state of this post…..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom