Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left with no other option they'll fire them at military targets, why wouldn't they?

Losing in Ukraine isn't "left with no other option". Unless Western forces invade Russia, or mount mass attacks on internal targets within Russia, there will be no launch of nuclear weapons against NATO targets. Why? Well, you already spelled that out.

Some people on here probably do work in a call center and you're insulting them with your use of it as an insult directed at me, I'm a Planning Analyst.

What does a planning analyst do in a bank?
Where to pile the cash or what?
I plan to make a pile of 50s there and a pile of tenners in that corner of the safe. There we go job done. :D ;)

I'm curious as working in manufacturing we have planners and I can't see anything as particularly relevant to a bank.
I get there will be industry specifics but genuinely curious as experienced planners are really hard to recruit and if there are relevant skills in banks they haven't come up during searches.

I plan to make a pile of 50s there and a pile of tenners in that corner of the safe. There we go job done. :D ;)

I'm curious as working in manufacturing we have planners and I can't see anything as particularly relevant to a bank.
I get there will be industry specifics but genuinely curious as experienced planners are really hard to recruit and if there are relevant skills in banks they haven't come up during searches.

Monitoring volumes of work multiplied by how long a task takes, then comparing how much staff we need to complete the work to how many staff we'll have over the next months and weeks to give predictions on service level outcomes to managers. That obviously assists with hiring and planning overtime etc.

I would guess the job is something along these lines:

What is a financial planning analyst?

Image result for financial planning analyst

Manages financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting. Creates variance analysis reports and financial models. Leads real-time financial performance monitoring. Escalates any financial issues to management. Sets and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives.

All that gesticulating and pointing would also build up the biceps, so that figures, too ;)

EDIT, no, it seems I am wrong, it's time and motion studies in a nice suit and tie :)

Last edited:
Apologies, the post rate in here is ridiculous and I’ve probably missed more than one reply.

If we chose to intervene directly and not just by supplying weapons, then Russia has already escalated the conflict beyond it’s current level, it’s not just on a whim because we fancied blowing some **** up ourselves one day.

None of this takes place on Russian soil, so this is still purely in self defence of Ukraine due to the invasion. If they start losing forces, which they will, and fast, the idea they’d instantly resort to nukes is laughable - it would open them up to instant reprisals on a similar level and no-one is going to be that stupid. Putin talks a strong game but he doesn’t have the balls to back it up, and I honestly don’t believe much of his military would actually follow through with the orders.

If I’m proven wrong, you can enjoy knowing this fact from your beach villa in Argentina…

I'd disagree with some of that, in particular the nukes, that there is a risk of nukes being used certainly isn't laughable (it might be unlikely but the risk is there and it's serious enough that it's shaped policy), it's the reason why NATO certainly didn't want to get involved with a no-fly zone and has been cautious about the delivery of (modern, Western) tanks (not happened until now), longer range weapons (that's steadily increased) and fast jets (still limited to Soviet stuff and with maybe only a few transferred by Poland under the cover of supplying spare parts).

The most likely of the nuke scenarios is the use of a tactical nuke in Ukraine, that has prompted serious concerns within NATO to the point where the US has spoken to Russia directly about it and outlined consequences, they've not published those consequences as generally it's considered escalatory in the West to even posture about nukes, not something Putin and chums seem concerned about.

Trump is also aware that the "n word" shouldn't be used, at least he's not doubt been briefed about it multiple times thus this rather bizarre speech:

The issue with Trump is the uncertainty aspect, he does blunder into stuff and can be less predictable, especially if challenged, he's got a big ego too so something like invading Ukraine further is a bigger risk under his Presidency. Essentially I think the risk of this invasion occurring would have been lower under Trump but the risks of it escalating or going much worse than it has now would have been higher had it occurred.

Under Trump, if it had occurred, you could have had all sorts of scenarios from say: Trump can't keep his ego in line and matches Russian threats with off-the-cuff threats of his own and we end up in a dangerous standoff with Russia/possible WW3... or Trump wants to end the thing sooner, Trump can do a deal, Trump forces Ukraine to do a deal giving up land, it's the best deal Trump's sooo good at deals... or even perhaps an American first approach, Trump follows state department/pentagon advice and proceeds exactly as Biden does initially then gets bored and says he's looking after America, he's given Ukraine some aide but they're on their own now and that... they should do a deal and he's there to help with a great deal, sadly in the latter case he'd perhaps have German and possibly French support for that given their initial positon and the time it took for them to come round to the current approach of the UK, US, Poland and the Baltics etc..

Last edited:
It’s not their entire military - just the forces in Ukraine.

I mean, the rest of their military is in just as **** a state anyway, but luckily we have air defence, radar, and a lot of other things that can put their forces out of action if we so wish. You can have all the bombers you want at an airbase armed with all the nukes you can find, but one well placed munition on the runway makes them all useless.

I assume you’ve moved all your money out of your bank and bought some gold with it, in preparation for the post-apocalyptic world that’s coming?

80% of Russia's military is in Ukraine, they've committed most of their armed forces to this conflict, we'd be wiping out the vast majority of Russia's military.

I would guess the job is something along these lines:

What is a financial planning analyst?

Image result for financial planning analyst

Manages financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting. Creates variance analysis reports and financial models. Leads real-time financial performance monitoring. Escalates any financial issues to management. Sets and tracks key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives.

All that gesticulating and pointing would also build up the biceps, so that figures, too ;)

EDIT, no, it seems I am wrong, it's time and motion studies in a nice suit and tie :)

Actually the financial planning analyst is kinda closer to me in reality, although its become a lesser part of my role over recent years.

I would say his role comes across as a kind of hybrid between a business analyst with a little planning.

I can see now why when planners are being sought they arent coming from banks as thats not really planning as far as most places that recruit dedicated planners are concerned.
(Planning in this regards and where the shortages are tends to be firm not forecast Ie planning the workload for the machines for the next 12 hours including the sub components etc, and actually doing it ("issuing shop floor papers"), not passing the info on to someone else to review/action)

Last edited:
80% of Russia's military is in Ukraine, they've committed most of their armed forces to this conflict, we'd be wiping out the vast majority of Russia's military.

I suspect this isn't true. They now have (or had) mobilized troops and Wagner doing the fighting. They wouldn't leave 20% in defence of Russia IMO.

EDIT: Looking around at various websites on military strength etc: Russia estimated around 1 million active personnel. 8000 to to 10000 readied tanks. Stock of 12000. So unless there are 800K+ of the active personnel in Ukraine, then 80% is too large an estimate.

Last edited:
Lol, wasn't ready. As soon as Biden came to power, Putin was building up troops in the region.

Still believing what they want you to believe.

2017-December 2021 Russia was modernising and putting back into service tanks and artillery (such as the 2S7 Pion, Tyulpan, T-80 tanks to cycle out T-72s from elsewhere to use in Ukraine, etc.) they weren't ready before early 2022.

If Russia were stupid enough to commit that amount of their armed forces to Ukraine, leaving them completely defenceless at home, and the Ukranians backed by NATO completely wiped them out, it wouldn't be NATO going in to Russia to pick over the bones. But you could bet China or some of their other closer acquaintances would.

So in this outlier of a scenario, maybe nervous Nellie does have a point.

I suspect this isn't true. They now have (or had) mobilized troops and Wagner doing the fighting. They wouldn't leave 20% in defence of Russia IMO.

EDIT: Looking around at various websites on military strength etc: Russia estimated around 1 million active personnel. 8000 to to 10000 readied tanks. Stock of 12000. So unless there are 800K+ of the active personnel in Ukraine, then 80% is too large an estimate.

No, they've around 200k in Ukraine, but who believes they have 1 million men sat around trained in uniforms ready to fight a war?

OK. So you're just going with your gut now? Come on man...

No, I'm quoting a US Senior Defence Official, at the time of invasion they had 190,000 troops committed which was quoted as around 75% of their military

Russia might have some 1m+ "troops" who showed up for "training" for 3 months and are on the books as soldiers, but who actually probably haven't even fired a rifle.

Last edited:
No, I'm quoting a US Senior Defence Official, at the time of invasion they had 190,000 troops committed which was quoted as around 75% of their military

Russia might have some 1m+ "troops" who showed up for "training" for 3 months and are on the books as soldiers, but who actually probably haven't even fired a rifle.

From that article:

Q: Sorry for the delay. So, really quick, on the 75 percent. I'm trying to understand how that math works, because I thought there was only, you know, somewhere between 150,000 and 200,000 Russian forces in Ukraine involved in the war. And I think that the Russian overall force structure, you know, as an order of magnitude, much, much bigger, just to the active-duty forces not including a couple million reservists they've asked. Could you explain the 75 percent?

SENIOR DEFENSE OFFICIAL: Yeah, I was talking -- I appreciate that. I'm talking mostly about battalion tactical groups, which is the units that he has primarily relied upon in the structure he's replied upon -- or relied upon. Again, this is an estimate. So it's an estimate.

Q: So it's 75 percent of the BTGs that's what you're -- OK.

----------

That is NOT 75% of the active military personnel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom