Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm surprised they even have that many to field

Well they aren't moving of their own accord

I bet there will be a nice bonus for the first yook to capture one.
Thats if they can get them anywhere near the frontlines.

Worst thing possible for Russia is one ending up in US hands where they can actually check them out.
Find any weaknesses etc. Thats assuming the whole thing isn't one giant weakness

Well they aren't moving of their own accord

I bet there will be a nice bonus for the first yook to capture one.
Thats if they can get them anywhere near the frontlines.

Worst thing possible for Russia is one ending up in US hands where they can actually check them out.
Find any weaknesses etc. Thats assuming the whole thing isn't one giant weakness
Seems their hand has been forced in this situation. I very much doubt Russia wanted to field it.
They appear to be missing a lot of the additional armour package that they have always been shown with before. I wonder if the weight of it was too much for the power packs to be reliable? Or are they going minimal weight due to the ground conditions at this time of year to stop them from bogging down in the mud?
Will be interesting to see how they hold up, I suspect it won't be long before we see the first burning hulk.

Well it's never going to be sold now and they can't not put it in theater after the West put theirs in else the omega thin skin that Putin has will flake right off from embarrassment of having to field relics.

Seems their hand has been forced in this situation. I very much doubt Russia wanted to field it.
They appear to be missing a lot of the additional armour package that they have always been shown with before. I wonder if the weight of it was too much for the power packs to be reliable? Or are they going minimal weight due to the ground conditions at this time of year to stop them from bogging down in the mud?
Will be interesting to see how they hold up, I suspect it won't be long before we see the first burning hulk.

Agreed they don't really look combat ready do they.

Unless we get more footage of more tanks going though then this pretty much aligns with the low teens numbers of Armata people were thinking
Unless they are godmode tanks (which is what 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% likely?) then they are simply not going to make any difference anyway

Last edited:
I know for many we would make the leave decision sooner, just saying that I suspect for many of the hold outs they are alone, everything they own is in that one place etc
If you have no family to move to where you gonna go.
This is probably a large part of it.

You see it in virtually every disaster situation where there has been some warning, some people put off getting out till too late because they don't believe it's going to happen, some put it off because they can't afford to*/have nowhere to go, those that can't get out on their own, those that won't leave until someone else does (a working in care homes etc), and some just don't want to leave because potentially it's their entire life they'd be leaving.

Typically the last out are usually the elderly, the disabled and the poorest:( and those that are dedicated to caring for them. Which is one of the reasons in areas that are known to be under the sort of threat that might need mass evacuation at relatively short notice a good government will normally have plans in place including where the known vulnerable are (so places like the US states that routinely have bad hurricanes will, if run properly, have plans to do things like evac care homes).

*Very common in the US with hurricanes etc, where typically many employers will threaten staff with the sack if they try to take time off to get to safety, and many don't have the money to afford the fuel and somewhere to stay.

Last edited:
Has there been any hint as to location or date? I mean, are they even being sent to the front or is this just internal movement within Russia for testing/exercise/parade etc?

The watermark is for:

Not seen a geolocation on it yet but the station building in the background should make it easy enough.

EDIT: Info from that channel:

"A company of T-14 Armata tanks and one ARV based on the Armata are going somewhere. If to the front, then it’s nice, if to the parade, then krinzh. But it is worth remembering that at least two units drove much further than Red Square."

"It is worth noting that here are the 21-year-old Armats with modified hull armor, that is, not the first batch of these vehicles."

Last edited:

Transportation, most tanks have as much add on armour taken of for transport.

*Hungary’s Ruling Fidesz Parliamentary Group: We Will Support Ratification of Finland and Sweden’s NATO Entry - Statement
*Belarus, China Interested in Establishing Peace in Ukraine, Ready to Direct Efforts to Restore Regional Peace
*Ukrainian Armed Forces: Russian Troops Are Continuing to Advance Along the Bakhmut Front
*Zelenskiy: We Are Keeping All Fronts Under Control
https://www.reuters.com/world/china...e-bilateral-relations-state-media-2023-03-01/
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-ratify-finland-sweden-nato-entry-2023-03-01/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom