Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see the plan here from Ukraine. Unless I am.missing something, get those men out FFS

I also think they should pull out of Bakhmut, it's not that important strategically and it's better to keep the soldiers alive.

They seem to hold out too long, I think they did the same at the Azovstal steel plant. I can understand that they don't want to give up ground , but it's a very costly way of doing it.

It's not that simple, they can't necessarily get everyone out without potentially causing more casualties, withdrawing so many troops while they're partially surrounded and under enemy fire can easily turn very bad very quickly. They might well get some out but you could still easily end up with say an Azovstal-type situation with some others sadly and for that to still perhaps have been less costly in terms of overall lives.

It's not that simple, they can't necessarily get everyone out without potentially causing more casualties, withdrawing so many troops while they're partially surrounded and under enemy fire can easily turn very bad very quickly. They might well get some out but you could still easily end up with say an Azovstal-type situation with some others sadly and for that to still perhaps have been less costly in terms of overall lives.

I imagine that is what the forces they are moving up now are for - to secure a retreat/pull-back rather than to go in.

I've stopped looking at Twitter a lot now as the number of Russian trolls that ate happy to murder their neighbors that was never aggressive is alarming. The number of fakes is absolutely insane as well.

EDIT: Also.. if Russia win, guess who's footing the repair bill? Russia. If they lose, guess who's footing the repair bill? Russia. LOL.

Last edited:
They seem to hold out too long, I think they did the same at the Azovstal steel plant. I can understand that they don't want to give up ground , but it's a very costly way of doing it.
Everyone lolling at the Russian casualties taking these places, but far too many Ukranians die too.

It's a sacrifice - slowing the Russians down until the tank battalions arrive from Europe. All too late if you ask me. We should have given them planes months ago to end this war.

I imagine that is what the forces they are moving up now are for - to secure a retreat/pull-back rather than to go in.

Possibly yeah... I mean I guess we don't know for sure how good/bad things are, it's also possible Ukraine very much wants to hold on if they can too.

We'll see. Unfortunately a lot of AFU are dying for this city. I hope AFU have a plan. I know I'm somewhat repeating myself, but after following this for a year, and checking for new news pretty much every time I pick up my phone, this has become part of life. I am extremely concerned.

Possibly yeah... I mean I guess we don't know for sure how good/bad things are, it's also possible Ukraine very much wants to hold on if they can too.

There is drone footage from the last 1-3 days of skirmishes between Ukrainian forces and Russians well within either sides of the borders of current control on the various maps so it is still heavily contested. There are quite a few foreign legion fighters, etc. posting on social media that they are being deployed there or inferring it (not sure it is wise to publish it but still). So something is going on - hopefully they aren't being sacrificed to get regular army out.

I've stopped looking at Twitter a lot now as the number of Russian trolls that ate happy to murder their neighbors that was never aggressive is alarming. The number of fakes is absolutely insane as well.

EDIT: Also.. if Russia win, guess who's footing the repair bill? Russia. If they lose, guess who's footing the repair bill? Russia. LOL.

This has been stated on Russian TV as one of the excuses for why they can't capture new territory. "Thank goodness because if they took more of Ukraine guess who would have to pay to fix it up, us! And it will b very expensive"

I can't see Russia footing the repair bill if they lose - forced to retreat from Ukraine good luck getting any money out of them, if losing in such a way Russia itself is under threat well that doesn't end well. This isn't some kind of situation where Russia goes "oh fair enough we lost...".

I can't see Russia footing the repair bill if they lose - forced to retreat from Ukraine good luck getting any money out of them, if losing in such a way Russia itself is under threat well that doesn't end well. This isn't some kind of situation where Russia goes "oh fair enough we lost...".
This is where sanctions etc will come into play I would expect.

Think they will have no choice. It will certainly be one of the conditions for sanctions being lifted surely?

I'm pretty sure it'll be us footing the bill if Ukraine win!

Depends. Ukraine is resource rich and could become a center of innovation and production in the EU in the long run. There is a reason why Ukraine was the production and tech hub for the USSR. Ukraine has built aircraft carriers and space rockets and space rocket engines, they've built tanks and guns and have low labour cost and they have tons of resources and can produce a lot of food.

So given all of that; if Ukraine wins and becomes a full EU member with democracy and low corruption and gets investment it needs then it should be able to repay back loans from the West that it needs to rebuild. The UK only just finished paying back it's WW2 rebuild loans to the Americans.

that being said, Ukraine should also have a head start - there is $600 billion of frozen Russian assets that can be given to Ukraine so that they don't need loans from the West

Last edited:
Depends. Ukraine is resource rich and could become a center of innovation and production in the EU in the long run. There is a reason why Ukraine was the production and tech hub for the USSR. Ukraine has built aircraft carriers and space rockets and space rocket engines, they've built tanks and guns and have low labour cost and they have tons of resources and can produce a lot of food.

So given all of that; if Ukraine wins and becomes a full EU member with democracy and low corruption and gets investment it needs then it should be able to repay back loans from the West that it needs to rebuild. The UK only just finished paying back it's WW2 rebuild loans to the Americans.

that being said, Ukraine should also have a head start - there is $600 billion of frozen Russian assets that can be given to Ukraine so that they don't need loans from the West

If they could have that then, why aren't they been given it now?

What about their 500 billion or so in seized assets?

Last edited:

Reason why the UK fell behind after ww2 was due to the fact our factories etc didn't get bombed to hell and flattened so we didn't need to invest in new factories and technologies, see Germany, South Korea, Japan , they started afresh and invested in new tech and production ways.
As bad as it is with investment they could become a power house, especially when you look at thier history inside the USSR of building all thier top notch stuff to begin with as has been said.

Last edited:
If they could have that then, why aren't they been given it now?
What about their 500 billion or so in seized assets?

They are frozen, not seized afaik. And from what I understand there's no international legal framework to just take the assets of another country. But there are ways being looked at as to whether something can be done with these frozen assets and future reparations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom