Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting, Wagner again seems to be worried about ammunition/support and how it could impact their operations in Bakhmut, I guess most of the updates so far have shown Russia very steadily gaining ground but that's been at huge cost in terms of lives, equipment, and ammunition.

There are both potential issues here with Prigozhin's general internal power struggles and ambition vs senior figures/Putin cronies and also some within the army perhaps taking issue with both the rate at which he's expending bodies and using up ammunition (inc borrowing/demanding/stealing allocations from Russian Army units).

Perhaps indicates a slither of hope that it's not all over yet, there is still a chance, even if a slim one, that things could go badly for Russia's attempts to take Bakhmut and if that were to occur then that's potentially a huge blow for Russia... if they still can't even take this small city after Wagner has burned through all those convicts and all those shells then what hope do they have of taking all the other parts of Ukraine they have ambitions over. That sort of thing could shift opinions of both the public and some people close to Putin, in addition to that they've weakened themselves regardless of whether they take Bakhmut and Ukraine is going to want to go on the offensive in coming weeks.

Not the first time - I spotted one in the earlier days of the war where someone *VIP* from Russia flew for medical treatment in California via Switzerland. No idea who but I'm suspicious it isn't just a celebrity, etc.

I doubt there are (m)any non-Russian celebrities in Russia at the moment tbh... more likely some oligarch with dual nationality or a foreign diplomat/business person surely.

I doubt there are (m)any non-Russian celebrities in Russia at the moment tbh... more likely some oligarch with dual nationality or a foreign diplomat/business person surely.

I have no idea - but I suspect it is more than just a public figure or even oligarch. Foreign diplomat a maybe.

I have no idea - but I suspect it is more than just a public figure or even oligarch. Foreign diplomat a maybe.

Being a public figure doesn't in itself give any special travel privileges, not clear what you mean by "more than"... in terms of what? If you're thinking in terms of some high-ranking Russian government figure then that seems highly unlikely - they'd perhaps be paranoid about being arrested at the destination or under suspicion of being a defector before leaving.

Literally *any* foreigner (with the insurance or means) who has a major medical issue in Russia at the moment will likely want a medivac flight out of there so not just diplomats but business people too.

Some oligarchs will have foreign passports and the means to pay for these flights without insurance.

That's your likely two groups... as it's landed in Germany then perhaps a German business person or a dual national Oligarch/wealthy person - (plenty of wealthy Russian/German citizens).

Last edited:
Being a public figure doesn't in itself give any special travel privileges, not clear what you mean by "more than"... in terms of what? If you're thinking in terms of some high-ranking Russian government figure then that seems highly unlikely - they'd perhaps be paranoid about being arrested at the destination or under suspicion of being a defector before leaving.

Literally *any* foreigner who has a major medical issue in Russia at the moment will likely want a medivac flight out of there so not just diplomats but business people too.

Some oligarchs will have foreign passports and the means to pay for these flights without insurance.

That's your likely two groups... as it's landed in Germany then perhaps a German business person.

I was talking about the one awhile back - the more recent one is more likely something like a German business person.

I was talking about the one awhile back - the more recent one is more likely something like a German business person.

Probably an American re: the Californian one, Switzerland has plenty of good doctors/hospitals. There are still Western firms having to wind stuff down out there, Western journalists and of course diplomats. I don't think there is anything inherently shady about a medical evacuation flight nor is there anything to suggest a Ukraine connection.

Last edited:
Mobilised reservists having a bad time and lack of artillery support suggests munitions shortages.
Fqb9zAIWcAEmhUp

Re the MBT discussion. With the success of relatively cheap handheld missile technology decapitating tanks in Ukraine, is it also true that American and other NATO countries tanks are immune to these irritants. Judging by recent actions using HIMARS type munitions for long range and infantry supported by artillery and armed with anti tank is superior to having squadrons of possibly useless tanks.

Armchair General.

The Chieftain and Perun both have videos on the `why the tank isnt dead` . Short answer, no. Longer answer, its about tactics and doctrine. Since the tank was invented - using it unsupported will get armoured mobile artillery killed (see Villers Bocage to bad use of tanks).

Last edited:
Re the MBT discussion. With the success of relatively cheap handheld missile technology decapitating tanks in Ukraine, is it also true that American and other NATO countries tanks are immune to these irritants. Judging by recent actions using HIMARS type munitions for long range and infantry supported by artillery and armed with anti tank is superior to having squadrons of possibly useless tanks.

Armchair General.
Another simple way of looking at it is that the arrival of submarines made killing battleships extremely easy, but they didn't make them obsolete as you can't replace a battleship with a submarine, they were made obsolete by aircraft carriers.

Likewise until Skynet gets the Hunter Killer ground unit into serial production nothing is going to replace tanks anytime soon as they are still extremely useful for their intended job/purpose, hence why Ukraine and Russia are both trying to source them like mad.

Is 148 enough? I suppose not if the poop hit the fan. What we don't seem to have is a plan for for replacing them if war broke out. We have enough for current wars and support, but that's it. I will say now, I am not into currently looking at military readiness or what arms we/us have etc, so this is very on the surface stuff. What I know is.. the UK is a very difficult place to try and take as trying to transport heavy weapons to it would be a major challenge.
We are also in NATO, whatever happens we do we don't do it alone.

Russia may not be as rich economically as the UK but they are much more willing to spend money on their military (thankfully as we have seen they spread it too thin into too many pots and most of it gets embezzled) and yet their new MBT has been pretty much a disaster.
Sorry but are you having a laugh?

If this war proves anything its that Russia let their military and equipment rot.

If it was doing things the way we all thought it could this war would have been over in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Depends on what the odds are of getting home alive to spend it.
No, its actually pennies.

Blackwater pay at least 1k a day usually more depending on experience, but they wont take just anyone, no experience no job.

Wagner will take anyone as long as they can pick up a gun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom