Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cant see this mentioned before?

Something would get pushed in under those circumstances but it wouldn't be Poland's borders.

It is a non story. An alcoholic spouts drivel. Still wants to be seen as important. His days are numbered once the bunker rat is poisoned.

"Former Russian president Dmitry Medvedev said on Friday that the only way for Moscow to ensure a lasting peace with Ukraine was to push back the borders of hostile states as far as possible, even if that meant the frontiers of NATO member Poland.
Reporting by Andrew Osborn and Caleb Davis; Editing by Mark Trevelyan"

General: Why are we going to war?
Medvedev: We cannot allow Ukraine to join the EU/NATO, we cannot tolerate an EU/NATO member on our border!
General: Okay, how far into Ukraine should we push?
Medvedev: All the way! We shall move the border to Poland!
General: Okay, so in order to avoid having an EU/NATO member on our border we will move our border to the EU/NATO?
Medvedev: It's getting stuffy in here, please open that window.

This popped up on my Youtube, fascinating actually. British tourist who I'd previously seen visit Afghanistan went to Russia and even spent some time in Luhansk. Explains the conflict from the Russian point of view as well.

Just so we're all aware the Donbass did not want any of this it was forced upon them by invading Russian troops and FSB agents, anyone who was against this is long gone by now.

If they had it would have 250mm armour, 70mph speed with a 0-60 of 5 seconds and 450mm pen.

Nah just have the French wheelies of death.. Indestructible. TD to the wheel and it's like Mario kart, the wheel wobbles and the tank doesn't slow down.

Makes me laugh when people bang on about NATO bases and Russia when the US can shift this kind of stuff half-way around the globe very quickly if they were actually going to do anything.
It's impressive but it's not that impressive doing it during peace time, I wonder how well they would do shifting this stuff around the globe when subs start hunting their ships

It also makes me wonder, is WW2 the last time we'll ever see wartime manufacturing on the scale it was ? for example Japan built 6 carriers in 3 years, while the US built 17, Germany built over 1,000 Uboats for the duration of the war, Russia managed to lose 83,000 tanks 76% of their inventory which was over 100k even plucky little UK managed to produce just under 28k tanks lol

I just can't imagine those kinds of numbers ever being seen again in such a short space of time, especially with nukes being the end game to halt any kind of manufacture like that from the main players who would be involved in a world war

It's impressive but it's not that impressive doing it during peace time, I wonder how well they would do shifting this stuff around the globe when subs start hunting their ships

It also makes me wonder, is WW2 the last time we'll ever see wartime manufacturing on the scale it was ? for example Japan built 6 carriers in 3 years, while the US built 17, Germany built over 1,000 Uboats for the duration of the war, Russia managed to lose 83,000 tanks 76% of their inventory which was over 100k even plucky little UK managed to produce just under 28k tanks lol

I just can't imagine those kinds of numbers ever being seen again in such a short space of time, especially with nukes being the end game to halt any kind of manufacture like that from the main players who would be involved in a world war

US reach logistics, aided by other NATO countries especially the UK, can move 100s of tanks and 1000s of armoured fighting vehicles by air in just a few days - IIRC they can surge to just over 200 C-5s, C-17s, etc. as well as 2 civilian carriers with 30-40 heavy lift aircraft each which are essentially military contractors - that doesn't include any requisition of civilian airlines, etc. before it comes to moving stuff by ship.

War time production is crazy - it is amazing what can be achieved when it comes to it.

EDIT: There isn't a lot of information about it online but this gives a bit of a overview: https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/05/0...y-move-u-s-troops-and-spies-around-the-globe/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom