Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems like they're determined to not give it up despite the losses

You have to think the Yanks and NATO top military are advising Ukraine on this. They have shown they have moved on from Soviet doctrine unlike Russia, maybe they see something we don't. I hope it isn't just a stubbornness and its a lost cause. .

You have to think the Yanks and NATO top military are advising Ukraine on this. They have shown they have moved on from Soviet doctrine unlike Russia, maybe they see something we don't. I hope it isn't just a stubbornness and its a lost cause. .
I'd like to think its a stalling tactic, keep the bulk of the Russian forces pinned in the Eastern front whilst Ukraine prepares for a counter on its own terms with all the armour it is getting.

I was thinking that the Ukrainians may have blown the bridges not so much for a limited fighting withdrawal, but more to limit the Russians breakout of Bakhmut. Now the Russians are rapidly running out of ammo fighting to hold a city whilst the Ukrainians slowly attrit their forces with superior weaponry and tactics. Also keeps them occupied over in the East in case the Ukrainians want to try something elsewhere with all the 'new', shiny armour they have.

Last edited:
Now the Russians are rapidly running out of ammo
It's hard to imagine a country like Russia having munition issues, given all the stockpiles they supposedly "had" for instance that ammo dump in Transnistria is supposed to have 20,000 tonnes of various ammunition alone

So I wonder if they're starting to suffer logistic issues again or ammunition issues are specific types of ammunition but given the shovel story, it seems bullets are even an issue, it's an odd situation for Russia really

Well a lot of it is likely been sold and then used by various gangs/terrorists and other such groups, some of it never existed in the first place because the money went elsewhere beforehand without anyone bothering to do an audit and whatever they do actually have is wasted on area-effect attacks because precision is a new word in the Russian vocabulary.

Last edited:
It's hard to imagine a country like Russia having munition issues, given all the stockpiles they supposedly "had" for instance that ammo dump in Transnistria is supposed to have 20,000 tonnes of various ammunition alone

So I wonder if they're starting to suffer logistic issues again or ammunition issues are specific types of ammunition but given the shovel story, it seems bullets are even an issue, it's an odd situation for Russia really
****** group, sorry, wagner group are not part of the Rashka army. It is a PMC used on behalf of Poot in in various countries to earn money by providing security. Well, it used to be. In December ****** group, sorry, wagner group members insulted army general with an open video. Since then michelin star chef Prigozhyn started crying about the shortage of the supply of ammo. I believe that they are somehow connected. As the saying goes "you don't bite the hand that feeds you".

Russia has vast quantities of ammo, the actual state of it and logistics to get it where it needs to be are another story. Awhile back there were stories of companies deployed to the front where only the officers had ammo (I suspect a measure to prevent mutiny, etc.), the supply for the regular troops just never turned up or was massively delayed.

I remember that, early days - soldiers only given weapon and ammo just before starting offensive operation.
When they gave weapons to the soldiers before active combat they had issues of soldiers shooting the commanders dead and then deserting to go back home.

Last edited:

He wants to humiliate Putin so he can get his job.

It's no secret he wants it so its a power play, one of them will end up dead.

Various reports of columns of vehicles heading to Bakhmut including a video of supposedly Emirati Panthera T6 APCs (not looked at it closely).

EDIT: Talking about improvised weapons mounted on armoured fighting vehicles:

.50 mounted on Spartans (not sure the original source for this).

At the time these were built Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union :p

Exactly as planned the cold war tanks go off to fight Russia. Exactly as planned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom