Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Xi Will Visit Russia March 20-22: MoFA
*Putin, Xi to Sign Number of Important Documents - TASS
*Putin, Xi to Discuss Russia-China Strategic Partnership - TASS
*China’s Foreign Ministry: Will Exchange Opinions on Major International and Regional Issues With President Putin
*China’s Foreign Ministry: The Objective of the Visit Is to Further Deepen Bilateral Trust
*China’s Foreign Ministry: Will Deepen the Construction of the Belt and Road, and the Eurasian Economic Union
*China’s Foreign Ministry: China, Russia Guided By Principle Of Mutual Respect
*China’s Foreign Ministry: China Handles Export Of Weapons Responsibly
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ssia-for-first-time-since-invasion-of-ukraine

Last edited:
Wikipedia has this to say for Aaron

"
Maté works as a reporter for The Grayzone, a far-left blog[5][6] which publishes apologetic coverage of—among other authoritarian regimes—the Russian, Syrian, Venezuelan, and Chinese governments, including denial of the Uyghur genocide and other atrocities committed by these regimes.[5][7] In addition to his work for The Grayzone, Maté has also contributed to The Nation, and appeared several times on Fox News on Tucker Carlson Tonight.[8][9][10]

He challenged allegations of collusion between the Russian Government and the 2016 Trump Campaign, and the extent to which Russian interferenceinfluenced the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election.[5]

Maté promotes conspiracy theories about the 7 April 2018 Douma chemical attacks, in which the Syrian government carried out chemical weapons attacks against civilians in the city of Douma. Maté specifically attempts to cast doubt on the Syrian government's responsibility for the attacks, and has promoted his theories at two UN meetings hosted by the Russian Federation. With regard to Maté's reporting on the Syrian Civil War, the Institute for Strategic Dialoguestated that, among the 28 social media accounts, individuals, outlets and organisations which it studied, Maté was the most prolific spreader of disinformationon topics related to the war, including use of chemical weapons.[11]"

Far left "Journalist" repeatedly going on Tucker Carlson and promoting CT's popular with the alt-right.

There's the horseshoe theory in action!

Brilliant system but the government once again have just made a cut into the artillery, replacing 30odd as-90's. Cuts by stealth again

As I understand it this is the first round of procurement to immediately backfill some of what we have lost, should Archer be selected going forward to replace AS90 then more will be ordered but based on the Man 8x8 instead.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with Aaron, but Grayzone is a aggressively pro Russian website and Pierre Sprey a nutter who appears on Russian TV claiming American military equipment is rubbish and that he invented several American aircraft (he didn't)

Grayzone is part of the Max Blumenthal ecosystem. He was at his best during the first decade of 2000, when he wrote Republican Gomorrah: Inside the Movement That Shattered the Party. It's been a long, slow decline into propaganda since then.

So apparently the US is suspending drone flights in the black sea as they assess and de escalate with Russia.

Russia 1 US 0

This will perplex and infuriate all the idiots who claim Biden is 'warmongering' and 'pushing us into WWIII.'

It's a sensible move.

Last edited:
Was a ret. General on CNN last night saying it's pointless sending jets they will be very easily shot down. He went onto say with the advancement in air defence technology manpads etc it is highly likely that the next war US is involved in will use very few planes.

Drones are the way forward as they're cheaper, don't need pilot training and there is no loss of friendly life.

I'm not familiar with Aaron, but Grayzone is a aggressively pro Russian website and Pierre Sprey a nutter who appears on Russian TV claiming American military equipment is rubbish and that he invented several American aircraft (he didn't)

Wikipedia has this to say for Aaron

"
Maté works as a reporter for The Grayzone, a far-left blog[5][6] which publishes apologetic coverage of—among other authoritarian regimes—the Russian, Syrian, Venezuelan, and Chinese governments, including denial of the Uyghur genocide and other atrocities committed by these regimes.[5][7] In addition to his work for The Grayzone, Maté has also contributed to The Nation, and appeared several times on Fox News on Tucker Carlson Tonight.[8][9][10]

He challenged allegations of collusion between the Russian Government and the 2016 Trump Campaign, and the extent to which Russian interferenceinfluenced the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election.[5]

Maté promotes conspiracy theories about the 7 April 2018 Douma chemical attacks, in which the Syrian government carried out chemical weapons attacks against civilians in the city of Douma. Maté specifically attempts to cast doubt on the Syrian government's responsibility for the attacks, and has promoted his theories at two UN meetings hosted by the Russian Federation. With regard to Maté's reporting on the Syrian Civil War, the Institute for Strategic Dialoguestated that, among the 28 social media accounts, individuals, outlets and organisations which it studied, Maté was the most prolific spreader of disinformationon topics related to the war, including use of chemical weapons.[11]"

I have listened to Aaron Mate talking about his Syria investigations. He's one of the few journalists to have been on the ground there in Douma in Syria interviewing the local people about the incident. He has exposed significant lies in the mainstream media about the attacks and provided more nuanced reporting of it. At least he convinced me of that. I do think he's a genuine jouralist. Albeit a lefty who looks unfavourably on the American military industrial complex and looks to expose that.

Heard about that. Happy to hear! The Archer was in the running for the Mobile Fires Platform project. I feel this will seal the deal on that project. I'm under the impression that we will get these initial batch as the Swedish variant on a Volvo 6x6 chassis.
If the archer was to win the Mobile Fires Platform project (i feel this is likely), I think the intention is to fit it to the MAN HX2 platform. Basically mounted on the modernised version of the MAN SV 8x8 15t chassis that we already have signed up for.

I was kind of hoping we’d go with the Hanewha K9A2 Thunder with the K10 unmanned reload vehicle TBH. Wheeled vehicles are cool and all, and they do have lower running costs/maintenance requirements vs tracked vehicles, but that’s the price you pay for the improved off-road mobility.

Last edited:
Was a ret. General on CNN last night saying it's pointless sending jets they will be very easily shot down. He went onto say with the advancement in air defence technology manpads etc it is highly likely that the next war US is involved in will use very few planes.

Drones are the way forward as they're cheaper, don't need pilot training and there is no loss of friendly life.

Dunno, stealth and anti radiation missiles , real time surveillance and cruise missiles could make a dent into air defence assets.

Russia has no stealth, questionable anti radiation missiles and 1970's surveillance and too few Crusoe missiles.

Helicopters are done for, those FPV drones with RPGs are the way forward now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom