Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Kremlin: Putin and Xi Will Meet on March 20, Hold Negotiations on March 21, Will Be Statement to Press
*Kremlin: Kyiv’s Illegal Attacks on Russian Orthodox Church Show Why Special Operation in Ukraine Is Necessary
*Kremlin: Fighter Planes Supplied to Ukraine Will Be Destroyed and Will Not Change Course of War
*Kremlin: Russia Is Extending Black Sea Grain Deal for 60 Days

Was a ret. General on CNN last night saying it's pointless sending jets they will be very easily shot down. He went onto say with the advancement in air defence technology manpads etc it is highly likely that the next war US is involved in will use very few planes.

Drones are the way forward as they're cheaper, don't need pilot training and there is no loss of friendly life.

You don't loose the expensive training for the pilots too.

I suspect all the recon drones now will have a small fragmentation very close proximity warhead/EMP/Fuel-air explosive in case any planes want to try that trick again.

Last edited:
Interesting words out of Ukraine with regards to "not forgetting who refused to support them", seem like Africa could be hurting for grain exports in the future!

Last edited:
Dunno, stealth and anti radiation missiles , real time surveillance and cruise missiles could make a dent into air defence assets.

Russia has no stealth, questionable anti radiation missiles and 1970's surveillance and too few Crusoe missiles.

Helicopters are done for, those FPV drones with RPGs are the way forward now.

Yeah the CNN dude is either an idiot or doesn't know what he's talking about - often there is a reason why these people are retired other than old age! No one is dog fighting in Ukraine, dog fighting is dead - planes are first strike stealth and stand off launch platforms in 2023, sending Ukraine jets without sending long range missiles is pointless, they ain't gonna be dogfighting Russians or dropping dumb bombs they just need the planes to get to the right altitude, set the gps target, launch and land - it doesn't even require as much training as these two dimensional generals think

Last edited:
Interesting words out of Ukraine with regards to "not forgetting who refused to support them", seem like Africa could be hurting for grain exports in the future!

A bit of blackmail from Ukraine now, a not very clever move with support waning in some quarters.

Was a ret. General on CNN last night saying it's pointless sending jets they will be very easily shot down. He went onto say with the advancement in air defence technology manpads etc it is highly likely that the next war US is involved in will use very few planes.

Drones are the way forward as they're cheaper, don't need pilot training and there is no loss of friendly life.
So, as I understand this correctly they will send drones to Ukraine by a boat load. I agree then.

Africa is quickly forgetting who sends them help and aid, China offers debt only.

Ticking time bomb.

A bit of blackmail from Ukraine now, a not very clever move with support waning in some quarters.
Why, would you still do business with a former friend who stabbed you in the back?

African nations didn't need to pick sides they could have stayed neutral but they didnt, they openly supported Putin.

You wouldn't forget who stabbed you in the back so why should Ukraine

I have listened to Aaron Mate talking about his Syria investigations. He's one of the few journalists to have been on the ground there in Douma in Syria interviewing the local people about the incident. He has exposed significant lies in the mainstream media about the attacks and provided more nuanced reporting of it. At least he convinced me of that. I do think he's a genuine jouralist. Albeit a lefty who looks unfavourably on the American military industrial complex and looks to expose that.

Possibly a little like Robert Fisk- an outstanding investigative journalist, who went into the warzone and searched for the truth.

Unfortunately, as time went on, Fisk became increasingly anti-west to the point of becoming heavily biased.

Why, would you still do business with a former friend who stabbed you in the back?

African nations didn't need to pick sides they could have stayed neutral but they didnt, they openly supported Putin.

You wouldn't forget who stabbed you in the back so why should Ukraine

We seem pretty cosy with Germany, Italy and Japan, and they gave the US and ourselves some undeniably serious grief. We, or some of us, have certainly forgotten who have "stabbed us in the back".

Still, the way the Ukrainians demand and blackmail comes as no surprise to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom