Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that prove that Russian/Ukrainian ERA panels work well (when fitted) or considering that Western supplied AT weapons and the Ukrainian ATGMs have turned hundreds of supposedly modern and superior Russian MBTs into burning hulks, are the Russian ATGMs just outdated junk if they can’t kill a T-64 with basic ERA?

Some luck involved I think. Looks to have hit a glancing blow on the upper turret and the ERA helped. Don't think there's any info on what actually hit it.

Last edited:
What is it with the right wing and being putin apologists?

It is odd isn't it. Part of it I think is a lot of the right wing muppets go weak at the knees over Authoritarianism and despise Liberalism (see Chris for example), they are also gullible to faux "Strong Man" projections, hence the fawning over leaders like Trump too (who was anything but a strong man).

I do find the American Right being so pro-Putin even more strange though, since historically the US right have used Russia as their bogeyman for decades.

I suppose it shows how far Russia has come from the Communist USSR to the current criminal Oliagarch state it is.

Interesting. I had assumed that even the Russian ATGMs used a downward angled shaped charge to defeat turret armour.

Even the venerable TOW 2A from the late 1980s has a two stage warhead with a disruptor charge to trigger ERA before the main charge hits.

Ok without knowing much of the in and outs of US politics...

If Trump (who's apparently going to be arrested next week!?) gets into power again. What does that mean for this conflict?

I'm not happy about the International Arrest Warrant for Putin for the simple reason that it removes a way out for him. Do we really want him to fight to the death? Leaving him with an out increases the chance of Russia leaving Ukraine.

It is odd isn't it. Part of it I think is a lot of the right wing muppets go weak at the knees over Authoritarianism and despise Liberalism (see Chris for example), they are also gullible to faux "Strong Man" projections, hence the fawning over leaders like Trump too (who was anything but a strong man).

I do find the American Right being so pro-Putin even more strange though, since historically the US right have used Russia as their bogeyman for decades.

I suppose it shows how far Russia has come from the Communist USSR to the current criminal Oliagarch state it is.

Russia are no longer the bogeyman, because Russia have successfully sowed enough discourse and misinformation online, to turn America against itself.

For the right, the worst bogeyman of them all is now the fellow American who wants universal healthcare, doesn't mind gay people getting married, and who can cope with drag shows being a thing.

Ok without knowing much of the in and outs of US politics...

If Trump (who's apparently going to be arrested next week!?) gets into power again. What does that mean for this conflict?
Probably an almost immediate stop to any US aid to Ukraine, they slighted him by not fabricating evidence when he demanded it before.

South Africa didn't enforce an ICC warrant for Omar Al-Bashir (former president of Sudan) so there's no way they would enforce one against Putin.

The way law enforcement should work is that the government sets laws, the police investigate and prosecute suspected law breakers and court decides who is guilty. But in South Africa the government is corrupt and has direct control of the police and courts and tells them what to do, ignoring that police and courts should act independently of external influences

Last edited:
Probably an almost immediate stop to any US aid to Ukraine, they slighted him by not fabricating evidence when he demanded it before.
Yeh that's what I'm thinking re aid.

Someone mentioned 20months until election etc however I don't see any resolution this year and God knows re next.

Heard it quoted somewhere else Russia are playing the long game in anycase.

If Trump does run its likely, as I see it, he would be elected.

He may well have a plane crash soon!

Last edited:

This^ and if the war is still ongoing and appears to be in stalemate as the election approaches it will get more and more difficult politically to support Ukraine. DeSantis is already talking like he will throw Ukraine under the bus. WTF happened to the Republican Party :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom