Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you vote for Jeremy Corbyn? I know I didn't. I made posts around the fact that his opposition to the UK having nuclear weapons was stupid and he couldn't be in charge. So, if people like you were in charge you'd leave the UK toothless and then expect our non-existant military to go do the fighting while you sat at home because, let's be honest, you're in no physical shape to do any sort of combat and out of me and you, I'd be far more equipped and willing to fight for my country.

The only thing you're good at doing is asking other people to fight for you, because you're actually scared that Russia could be a threat to you one day. Where as I actually care about the soldiers on the front lines, not because I'm scared for myself.

No I did not and I've said it in numerous threads, numerous times, that Corbyn was the worst thing to happen to Labour as was their move to the left. It made them as electable as they were in the 1980s. So that is that part of your post in the bin.

Roar you talk a good game but its just that. You admire bullies who you consider "Alpha males", cowards admire bullies. You seem terrified of Russia and would throw a nation and its population under the bus so you wouldn't risk getting hurt. Appeasement is cowardly.

You have no idea what physical shape I'm in. You've no idea what I might have done in my life but I saw things living in the copper belt in Zambia that would probably have you soiling yourself. Life was cheap there.

I know exactly what war can do to men. My paternal grandfather was at Dunkirk, he was buried in a shelled building, he then spent a year in hospital and suffered from shellshock/PTSD for the rest of his life. He never spoke to me about it but my dad did and he also told me my granddad lost a brother there. I joined the army cadets when I was 12 as I wanted to be in the Gloucester's which was his regiment. I didn't join the army as by the time I was 18 I wanted to do other things but I'm fully aware of the sacrifice they made/make and I know which side his generation would be on right now and it wouldn't be yours.

Yes Russia is a threat to European peace, I wish they weren't but they are and they started this war and we should help Ukraine end it. We should supply them with far more weapons and weapons they can use to attack the Russian war effort in Russia. If Putin uses nukes then he would have at some point anyway because his plan was always expansion. We stop him now or we'd have to at some point down the line.

Did you vote for Jeremy Corbyn? I know I didn't. I made posts around the fact that his opposition to the UK having nuclear weapons was stupid and he couldn't be in charge. So, if people like you were in charge you'd leave the UK toothless and then expect our non-existant military to go do the fighting while you sat at home because, let's be honest, you're in no physical shape to do any sort of combat and out of me and you, I'd be far more equipped and willing to fight for my country.

The only thing you're good at doing is asking other people to fight for you, because you're actually scared that Russia could be a threat to you one day. Where as I actually care about the soldiers on the front lines, not because I'm scared for myself.

You have a big heart for the poor Ukrainians soldiers on the frontline Roar. Yes I agree Ukrainian soldiers should just surrender. They get a nice new homes in Sibera, and Russian soldiers will take good care of their wifes. Also their kids gets to move to a great school with good proper history classes. Russia of course promise they will do a lot better this time than last, there is always a few mass accidental killings and rapes (rule to not rape mothers in same rom wiith her kids also shows great careing and accidental (also free) dental tortures on the first and second time. But we know second try will be better.
We learn from history that Russia always seek to improve on how to well take better care of those they invade. /S

No I did not and I've said it in numerous threads, numerous times, that Corbyn was the worst thing to happen to Labour as was their move to the left. It made them as electable as they were in the 1980s. So that is that part of your post in the bin.

Roar you talk a good game but its just that. You admire bullies who you consider "Alpha males", cowards admire bullies. You seem terrified of Russia and would throw a nation and its population under the bus so you wouldn't risk getting hurt. Appeasement is cowardly.

I haven't suggested we appease Putin though.

Let's try a thought experiment, presumably you support all current action the UK is taking. Do you also support the UK becoming directly involved and sending our military into Ukraine? If not, why not?

If you don't, then you can't suggest having concerns around a potential for escalation is being a coward, because presumably you also don't wish to see an escalation.

My position is that I support Ukraine, I believe we should sanction Russia and we should support Ukraine with weaponry and training, but I wouldn't include long range weapons like Storm Shadow, and I wouldn't ever support fighter jets being sent over. I also think that Russia is in danger of collapsing as a state, and that would be terrible for stability across Eastern Europe, and also incredibly risky given the amount of nuclear weapons they have.

Let's try a thought experiment, presumably you support all current action the UK is taking. Do you also support the UK becoming directly involved and sending our military into Ukraine? If not, why not?

If you don't, then you can't suggest having concerns around a potential for escalation is being a coward, because presumably you also don't wish to see an escalation.
Lol, I can think of lots of reasons why anyone might not be scared of an escalation but could still see a better use of British troops elsewhere. Try to think fuzzy sets rather than crisp sets. We are, after all, talking about human opinions.

but I wouldn't include long range weapons like Storm Shadow, and I wouldn't ever support fighter jets being sent over.
Out of curiosity why do you oppose long range weapons? Considering they are used to target only military, be that Logistical nodes, C2 nodes, troop and equipment concentrations and military supporting industry. Also governmental facilities should also be fair game, but only where there is significant military goal to achieve from that (Regional command hubs etc). Not just indiscriminate targeting of any governmental buildings.
NATO are just attempting to level the playing field for Ukraine. Russia's war machine dosnt stop at the border. Ukraine should fairly be given the capability to strike back where it hurts.

Last edited:
Lol, I can think of lots of reasons why anyone might not be scared of an escalation but could still see a better use of British troops elsewhere. Try to think fuzzy sets rather than crisp sets. We are, after all, talking about human opinions.

Well, what about a full NATO task force? If you don't support that, then I'll say you're simply appeasing Putin. Obviously the reality is you're also happy to support Ukraine to a point, unless you think we should take direct action and bomb Russian troops and send in a joint task force to clear them out of Ukraine.

Anybody who thinks constraining the defender's ability to fight will help end a conflict in being naive.

As Steve says, there are targets to hit. They aren't hit to "escalate", they're hit to move towards ending the ability of the attacker to attack.

"What about what about" , you play this statement every time as if you don't know the answer, whilst avoiding supporting your suggestion to hamstring the defenders with any credible justification. That's something reasonable to ask you, as opposed to your unreasonable "kkkk why don't you support starting a world war kkkkk" gibberish.

Anybody who thinks constraining the defender's ability to fight will help end a conflict in being naive.

As Steve says, there are targets to hit. They aren't hit to "escalate", they're hit to move towards ending the ability of the attacker to attack.

"What about what about" , you play this statement every time as if you don't know the answer, whilst avoiding supporting your suggestion to hamstring the defenders with any credible justification. That's something reasonable to ask you, as opposed to your unreasonable "kkkk why don't you support starting a world war kkkkk" gibberish.

If we weren't concerned about escalation then America could probably defeat the Russians inside Ukraine in about a week. Anyone sensible is concerned about escalation, including Joe Biden, he only recently approved other countries sending American made F-16's. It was only a few months back he agreed to send tanks, which probably won't arrive this year.

*Russian Defence Ministry Says Ukraine Starts Large-Scale Military Operation - TASS
*Russian Defence Ministry Says Ukraine Forces Unsuccessful in Attempts to Break Through Russian Defences in South Don’ts Direction
*Reuters Could Not Immediately Verify Reports of a Ukraine Offensive with Kyiv
https://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/17926311

Last edited:
You do realise that almost everyone has their own rationale, and they don't all fall into your picture of the broadest brush strokes? People have complicated lives and can arrive at wonderfully different conclusions and positions than yours. Allow it. Celebrate it.

e: typo. too much sun :cool: at a wedding reception today

Last edited:
I haven't suggested we appease Putin though.

My position is that I support Ukraine, I believe we should sanction Russia and we should support Ukraine with weaponry and training, but I wouldn't include long range weapons like Storm Shadow, and I wouldn't ever support fighter jets being sent over. I also think that Russia is in danger of collapsing as a state, and that would be terrible for stability across Eastern Europe, and also incredibly risky given the amount of nuclear weapons they have.

Yes you have on numerous occasions. Russia should get to keep the lands its seized including Crimea and Ukraine never gets to join the EU or NATO. That is appeasement.

No I don't and nice strawman. No one has suggested we put boots on the ground. We are simply supplying Ukraine with the weapons and training they need to drive the invader out of their lands.

Again nice strawman. NATO entering the war would have course be escalating it to a war between NATO and Russia, where as now its a war between Russia and Ukraine, a war that Russia started.

So we should tie Ukraine's hands behind their backs and prolong the war by not giving Ukraine the hardware it needs to win this war. You want to keep the hardware tipping in Russia's favour by not giving Ukraine the same class of weapons that Russia uses all the time. Sorry but I'd give them even longer range weapons, give them long range cruise missiles so they can hit the bomber bases in Russia that they use to launch their cruise missiles. Give them long range anti ship missiles so they can hit the Black Sea fleet that launch cruise missiles. Russia could prevent this happening by simply packing up and going home.

If Russia collapses it collapses. Dictatorships have a habit of doing that. They are stable right up to the minute they aren't, Putin doesn't look long for this world anyway so there is likely have been an event coming in the near future. The world didn't end when the USSR collapsed, there is no reason it should when Putin's regime collapses.

I believe we should sanction Russia and we should support Ukraine with weaponry and training, but I wouldn't include long range weapons like Storm Shadow
There is the problematic issue in this that Ukraine had it's own long range weapons and long range weapons production prior to a decade ago, then we (as in the west) convinced them to scrap the weapons/factories/infrastructure so that we could score buddy points with Putin (ironically a plan spearheaded by then US vice President Joe Biden). Obviously Ukraine got something out of the deal, and at the time we thought we were just alleviating Putin's worries about a nation that could rain death down on Moscow becoming pro-EU/NATO, not helping him soften them up for invasion. But considering they would never have been invaded had we not talked them into giving up their long range weapons I would say giving them a few under the condition they cannot be used on targets beyond their borders is the least we could do.

Last edited:
There is the problematic issue in this that Ukraine had it's own long range weapons and long range weapons production prior to a decade ago, then we (as in the west) convinced them to scrap the weapons/factories/infrastructure so that we could score buddy points with Putin (ironically a plan spearheaded by then US vice President Joe Biden). Obviously Ukraine got something out of the deal, and at the time we thought we were just alleviating Putin's worries about a nation that could rain death down on Moscow becoming pro-EU/NATO, not helping him soften them up for invasion. But considering they would never have been invaded had we not talked them into giving up their long range weapons I would say giving them a few under the condition they cannot be used on targets beyond their borders is the least we could do.

The very least we can do.

Again nice strawman. NATO entering the war would have course be escalating it to a war between NATO and Russia, where as now its a war between Russia and Ukraine, a war that Russia started.

Yeah, but NATO sending weapons into Ukraine is escalating, there are levels to escalation. You're happy with one level of escalation, but not happy with NATO directly intervening, which is simply just another level of escalation. Fighting a defensive war on Ukrainian territory is not declaring war on Russia.

Yeah, but NATO sending weapons into Ukraine is escalating, there are levels to escalation.
1) A bit like Russia poisoning people on British soil then, with no regard whatsoever for the safety of innocent British citizens.
2) Britain, along with Russia themselves, guaranteed Ukranian security if they gave up their nuclear weapons. The UK has an obligation to help.
3) It is both morally right and likely to prevent further escalation outside of Ukraine if nations take a stance against Russia now, rather than later. No guarantees. It could all go pear shaped of course.
4) NATO is not sending weapons to Ukraine. Independent nations are sending weapons. Some, but not all, of those nations are in NATO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom