Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but NATO sending weapons into Ukraine is escalating, there are levels to escalation. You're happy with one level of escalation, but not happy with NATO directly intervening, which is simply just another level of escalation. Fighting a defensive war on Ukrainian territory is not declaring war on Russia.

Roar only in your head is NATO involved in this war, its a narrative you have created, funnily enough the same narrative Putin has also created, though I get why he has done it. It is not NATO supplying weapons. Its nations that just happen to be in NATO. Just like it isn't the EU supplying weapons. The Netherlands are going to supply F16s, who can blame them, Russia shot down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 that was full of their citizens. Putin has killed our citizens on our soil with chemical weapons. To beat Russia, Ukraine needs to go on the offensive, to do that they need our weapons and the longer range the better.

And no, the UK entering the war to fight directly against Russian troops would be us at war with Ukraine. No one has suggested that, its just a strawman you are using because your arguments are so weak.

Yeah, but NATO sending weapons into Ukraine is escalating, there are levels to escalation. You're happy with one level of escalation, but not happy with NATO directly intervening, which is simply just another level of escalation. Fighting a defensive war on Ukrainian territory is not declaring war on Russia.

It's escalating because Russia has not removed its forces. Funny that.

It's a bit like if Russia invaded Leeds, people would initially push back but if that was met with resistance then more force would be applied until the Russian forces were captured or retreated. Ukraine has asked for that, if that means the targets in russia that are part of the infrastructure in prolonging the attack are targeted then so be it.

You fail to accept that the physical aggression is all attributed to Russia, it's attempting to annex a sovereign nation.

Agreed. I would actually be happy if the West intervened in Ukraine. It's about time Putin was put in its place. Nato would wipe the floor with Russia. The problem is that the Russian armed forces are learning a lot from this. They have the manpower and resources to last a long time. They need to be kicked out before they gain the advantage.

I think the greatest danger to all this is the upcoming elections in America. That could change the degree of support for Ukraine. Everything points to a sense of urgency in this war.

Last edited:
No independent verification but according to Russia they stopped a Ukrainian offensive in Donetsk

What Russia says and what is reality are two entirely different things

No doubt this “news” will get the Russian sympathisers excited though

Last edited:
No independent verification but according to Russia they stopped a Ukrainian offensive in Donetsk

Is it true? No idea, I don't believe a word that comes out of Putin's mouth.

Could it be true? Of course, it's a war. No matter how poorly organised Russia are, to think they won't have what they consider 'successes' is naive.

The war is not won until it's won.

Genuinely no idea if it is true or not, we will find out in the coming hours and days I assume. I hope it's wrong but also acknowledge the idea that Russia are totally inept and incapable is naive.

Last edited:

Why is the BBC even reporting on a unverified segment. Isn't the point of news to inform the reader on confirmed events. All it's doing is spreading fake news and worry.

A key line from the rumour makes it clear as to the veracity " at the time of this Ukrainian attack was led by Russian Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov" That guy is like Alexander the great, Julius Ceaser and Patton all one right..

Last edited:
Why is the BBC even reporting on a unverified segment. Isn't the point of news to inform the reader on confirmed events. All it's doing is spreading fake news and worry.
Erm... BBC is a shadow of its former self, its still a hell of a lot better than some of the trash and straight up fiction we see out there. To be fair Russian Governmental sources probably meet the threshold for "confirmed source" even though we all know better. They are likely just following their own guidelines for reporting true or not.

Last edited:

A key line from the rumour makes it clear as to the veracity " at the time of this Ukrainian attack was led by Russian Chief of the General Staff Valery Gerasimov" That guy is like Alexander the great, Julius Ceaser and Patton all one right..

You do realise even the BBC said it is unverified. So take it as potential "news" until it is actually verified.

This thread is rammed solid with rubbish from twitter, and you're complaining about the BBC's standards?

Reuters are also reporting this, along with the Guardian.

I mean there probably was a probe into russian lines but I would hardly think they have thwarted the counter offensive. Also I take the destroying 17 tanks with a grain of salt lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom