Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday morning the news story was different it was edited later to add an element of impartiality...

Already we're now seeing people already saying hmm could have been damage.

The reality is that we don't know and our reporting should be unbiased as we are living in an age of deep misinformation where we cannot trust random **** on social media.

Otherwise we're fed **** and end up like parrots

Haha your only defence is they edited it after you read it but before anyone else? Really?

As others have said, blow it up, or cause it to fail due to negligence. Its Russia's fault, they have been in charge of it for a year, if it needed repair they should have done it.

And yet a few months ago, people were frothing at the act of aggression, war crimes etc.

Again it still could have been the Russians, US, UK, Ukraine, or just a **** construction. But everyone was wagged in one direction. (Reminds me of the film wag the dog...)

Its not the same, is it, really?

Your really starting to sound like another Russian apologist in here

Last edited:
Is there any solid evidence the dam was blown up as opposed to mis-managed until it failed? Last night on Radio 4 PM programme they said that in May the dam had overtopped several times because the Russians weren't managing the sluice properly. One of those interviewed suggested that it wasn't unfeasible that the dam failed naturally and the noises heard were the soud of the concrete failing. I've seen the aerial photos but it's not clear to me what caused what given the enormous power of water.

I've seen a lot of talk blaming Russia and their obvious counter claims but less that does more than claim it was blown up.

Russia are still a dangerous country though, regardless of their performance in Ukraine. they have done damage which will take years for Ukraine to recover from. They are just useless at achieving their goal (which they dont even know themselves).
I'm saddened that we let them. That no fly zone may have deterred Putin in the beginning after all and saved a lot of lives, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea (I was alarmed when Putin expressed relief that it hadn't happened). Then maybe he wouldn't have felt emboldened to commit these terrorist acts and all the massacres.

Last edited:
Is there any solid evidence the dam was blown up as opposed to mis-managed until it failed? Last night on Radio 4 PM programme they said that in May the dam had overtopped several times because the Russians weren't managing the sluice properly. One of those interviewed suggested that it wasn't unfeasible that the dam failed naturally and the noises heard were the soud of the concrete failing. I've seen the aerial photos but it's not clear to me what caused what given the enormous power of water.

I've seen a lot of talk blaming Russia and their obvious counter claims but less that does more than claim it was blown up.

It seems sketchy and its looking like unless someone owns up (assuming someone did take specific action) we will never know.
If there was some explosives then that area is just as gone as the surrounding areas.

I think its going to end up like Nordstream with plausible actors and theories but hard to pin down.

As ever its seemingly a hard call when Russians are involved to choose between ineptitude or deliberate. (Im personally 99.99% sure it wasn't Ukrainians because IMO they would have stealthily removed most of the affected in advance in their areas)

Haha your only defence is they edited it after you read it but before anyone else? Really?

As others have said, blow it up, or cause it to fail due to negligence. Its Russia's fault, they have been in charge of it for a year, if it needed repair they should have done it.

My defence? Why do I need to defend myself? I'm quite certain at what I read and it's context. It was not unbiased which is a shame.

I'm not denying the Russian fault and the fact they started the chain of events, merely taking umbrage at how we are being fed data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom