Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
My defence? Why do I need to defend myself? I'm quite certain at what I read and it's context. It was not unbiased which is a shame.

I'm not denying the Russian fault and the fact they started the chain of events, merely taking umbrage at how we are being fed data.

I tried to save you the drama since your defence would be needed as you could not back up your statement to the BBCs impartiality.

But if you want to prove your "not impartial" news reports give us the link to where they were not impartial.

Haha your only defence is they edited it after you read it but before anyone else? Really?

As others have said, blow it up, or cause it to fail due to negligence. Its Russia's fault, they have been in charge of it for a year, if it needed repair they should have done it.

I'm sure when I first saw it on BBC early yesterday morning they said Russia had done it. I could be wrong/didn't hear the whole report, but I don't think I am. They were probably right anyway.

It only looks confusing and unclear to those who don’t want to believe the obvious.

Obvious means you're guessing. To be fair, eeryone (except those who did it) is guessing.

On the balance of probabilities, it was Russia. I think they had the opportunity, motive and means, and am at least 90% it was them.

However, a few months ago, this forum was "omg Russia blew up nordstream" and people disagreeing with that view were called fools, or worse. Recently, further doubt has been cast on that assumption.

So, we don't know.

I'm sure when I first saw it on BBC early yesterday morning they said Russia had done it. I could be wrong/didn't hear the whole report, but I don't think I am. They were probably right anyway.

Again they were probably right? but from a part of a report...

The BBC form is usually "breaking news on xxx"
This will almost certainly have been akin to "Breaking news, Ukraine dam collapses, sources accuse Russia of blowing it up."

Then they flesh it out and expand.
Its easy for people to skip the "filler" words and miss the nuance. Which then isnt there later so they can go "BBC accused Russia111!!!1!"

If its kind of breaking thats now just a trend unfortunately. The old news sources trying to keep up with Twitter etc are now rushing out content, and as such as they are doing so its possible minor issues will creep in.
They quickly edit them and as such Breaking news type events you need to reread as they update. It certainly was not that the BBC were accusing Russia when I first read it around 7am.

Its still irrelevant, its probably safe to assume that there is a 99.999% chance its not a failure that would have happened had Russia not invaded, so its 99.999% on them.

Obvious means you're guessing. To be fair, eeryone (except those who did it) is guessing.

On the balance of probabilities, it was Russia. I think they had the opportunity, motive and means, and am at least 90% it was them.

However, a few months ago, this forum was "omg Russia blew up nordstream" and people disagreeing with that view were called fools, or worse. Recently, further doubt has been cast on that assumption.

So, we don't know.

Difference here is it actually mattered, nord stream was functionally not really doing anything and wasn't likely to be for a long time.

People were debating who did it but my argument I think at the time was that it didn't really matter as it didn't flood a region and kill a bunch of people/animals.

Are there no Ukrainians, or clandestine forces who would have been sufficiently close to the dam to know what happened ? maybe they just can't reveal it at the moment.

So, we don't know.
Surely the test is this...

Russians have tried to blame Kyiv, therefore the Russians must be doing everything they can to repair the dam right?

Hmmmm

It's a little cynical but it's right more than it's wrong I think, and is the default stance we should be taking as Russia have proven themselves dishonest time and time again.

They say one thing, mean/do the opposite. Trust is earned and Russia have shown they have very little in the way of trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom