Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is an element here that while I don't think Putin set out with any intention of or has intentions of conquering Europe if Ukraine had simply rolled over he would have continued to push to see how far he could go.

This shouldn't just be about Ukraine footing the bill.

There is the Kiev hydro electric dam. I'd hate to think what would happen if Russia hit that with some cruise missiles.

Fortunately the main part of Kyiv sits up well above the river level, though there are some industrial and residential areas only about 1-3m above the normal river level. Plus all the potential problems downstream of Kyiv.

Hopefully in response we’ve sent Ukraine a load more tanks and cruise missiles. At this point they can have whatever they like, short of nukes.
In a very cold way of looking at it, in many ways the war in Ukraine is one of the cheapest ways for the USA to grind down one of its major international rivals. The amount of money and arms being provided to Ukraine is huge but its just a drop in the ocean compared to having the USA going to war - fighting the war in Ukraine by arming the Ukrainians is simply very cheap!

What's even better for the USA is that they don't even spill a single drop of American blood, whilst one of its biggest international rivals wastes its young men in a field....over what?

I'm pretty surprised that 34% view Ukraine unfavourably. Just why?

Because some people see Russia as 'anti-globalist' for one. Even with the vast amount of evidence showing they are trying to reconquer land lol.

The second I believe is somewhat in line with republican stuff like anti-gay stuff etc. What they completely ignore are the murders, abuse of power, corruption yada yada yada. So whilst they like to believe Russians have "Christian morals" as such, all the actual evidence points otherwise.

Last edited:
I think the MAGA crowd see Ukrainian aid as not putting America first.

Going slightly off topic here, but when you look at many major cities in the US, you will see crazy levels of homelessness in the past 5 years. People crapping on shop doorsteps, tents everywhere. Drug addicts off the charts.

We (USA) are not fixing these societal problems, whilst dumping billions into Ukraine. In some ways, it is justified to call this out. However, to me, that is a separate problem. I could call out the gov spent X on Y but not on Z etc for just about anything.

Going slightly off topic here, but when you look at many major cities in the US, you will see crazy levels of homelessness in the past 5 years. People crapping on shop doorsteps, tents everywhere. Drug addicts off the charts.

We (USA) are not fixing these societal problems, whilst dumping billions into Ukraine. In some ways, it is justified to call this out. However, to me, that is a separate problem. I could call out the gov spent X on Y but not on Z etc for just about anything.

Something which in a way amuses me - got people on these forums and elsewhere trumping up the Biden "wins" but the every day American person isn't feeling those wins - much of it headline "wins" where months or years down the line nothing of substance has actually been done or only fractions of the money promised has actually come through etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom