Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

How come the area in red has completely gone though and not that central bit, I would have expect the central part to fail before the bit connected to the rest of the land
Unbelievable (well maybe not), given all the talk about China were going to be the ones who were going to help Russia side step sanctions restrictions one of the main culprits turns out to be our own NATO "ally" Turkey. Probably still angry about getting kicked out of the F-35 programme.

Turkey is not in the main western alliance and they don't see things the way we would. They may be in NATO but if they can make a buck they will, they have no concern trading with Russia as NATO is not currently at war with Russia. Turkey has been playing both sides the entire war, trading with Ukraine and Russia and even before the war they have done that, buying military equipment from NATO and Russia

Last edited:

Boy that's not a good start. It looks like the UAF were pushing up some of the western equipment to the frontlines in the south but was spotted by a drone and the column was smashed by artillery.

1x Leopard 2 destroyed possibly 2
4x M113 APC's

One of Leopards was carrying demining equipment as well.

Looking at the video on Deny's telegram channel I don't know what the Ukrainian's were thinking all those vechiles were all bunched up and not spaced apart and nobody was scouting ahead checking for drones with a GPS jammer in toe.

History Legends will be milking this ****-up for 3 videos straight.

Last edited:
Turkey is not in the main western alliance and they don't see things the way we would. They may be in NATO but if they can make a buck they will, they have no concern trading with Russia as NATO is not currently at war with Russia. Turkey has been playing both sides the entire war, trading with Ukraine and Russia and even before the war they have done that, buying military equipment from NATO and Russia

^^ This. Turkey doesn't care who's doing what, as long as she gets to kill some Kurds and sell more Beko whitegoods.

Boy that's not a good start. It looks like the UAF were pushing up some of the western equipment to the frontlines in the south but was spotted by a drone and the column was smashed by artillery.

1x Leopard 2 destroyed possibly 2
4x M113 APC's

One of Leopards was carrying demining equipment as well.

That's a huge gift to the Russian propaganda machine. Vatniks will be thrilled.

Last edited:
Interesting that the Russian army seems to be struggling to push "opposition" forces out of Novaya Tavolzhanka area - I wonder if they are there to bait Russian hardware into range of Ukraine's AD and artillery.

Unfortunately the role of a tank without air superiority is undergoing a change. Weapons and methods to cope with drones and blinding artillery will be paramount. Advances in electronic warfare - we need more, cheaper to produce, e-warfare to counter the small, cheap drones.
Removing the source of drones won't be as easy destabilising the countries on the list providing the technology.

EDIT: typo corrections.

Last edited:
unfortunately the tole of a tank without air superiority is undergoing a change. Weapons and methods to copw with drones this blinding artilery will be paramount. Advances in electronic warfare - we need more, cheaper to produce, e-warfare to counter the small, cheap drones.
Removing the source of drones wone be as easy destabilising the coutries on the list providing the technology.

Yeah the Russians were caught out right at the start of the war and it's still happening now on both sides. The sheer volume of drones in the air makes it near impossible to move without being spotted and due to the amount of artillery guns, once you are spotted rounds start landing on you within minutes. As mentioned this leopard and m113 group of vehicles did not even get to engage enemies, they did not get to use their advantage in range, sights and guns - they were spotted by a drone and destroyed by artillery guns that can hit targets 20km away

To advance without massive risk, you either have to destroy the enemy artillery first or you have to be 100% sure they have no drones within a 50km radius of the operational area. If you can't do that it's like playing duck hunt, there is a reason why something like 70% of soldiers killed on both sides have been killed by artillery

But I think Ukraine knows this already but they don't have any way to keep enemy drones out of the air or to neutralise all the enemy guns first. So they are focused on more static targets in the rear, looking for ammo depots and groups of enemy equipment and soldiers with the hope they if they destroy enough of those, the Russians won't be able to resupply their front line and will retreat

Last edited:
Wasn't that video from a few days ago though? That was one prong of a four prong attack. They withdrew after loosing there, and made fairly substantial advances in other areas anyways.
That particular video was uploaded yesterday evening, I haven't seen all his recent videos but prior to that Ukraine had been pushing and proding various sections of the frontline with small teams testing Russian resistance according to the reports I've read.

Twitter says the 47th brigade was sent to the front, this unit is equipped with Bradley's. May see destroyed Bradley videos in the next day or two

Twitter also reports the Ukranians have made some further gains in the Tomak direction

Last edited:
All the Western tanks will be destroyed. Especially since they are the source of wonderful propaganda for Putin. This is war. Hopefully, the Ukrainians can do some damage with them before they are all gone.

In my humble opinion, this is one huge problem with expanding alliances. Turkey are not really aligned with the other countries in NATO, so why were they allowed to join it?

I can’t see why people are joking about the shark incident. That has nothing to do with the war, it is an awful brutal death, and must have been absolutely horrifying for all involved.

To my mind, the way that people distance themselves from the actions of their country is very wrong. If the UK invades a country, then I accept some responsibility for that. If I really disagreed with what my country was doing, there is the option to campaign for change or even to leave and go to another country, not just turn a blind eye and go on holiday. So no, I won't shed a tear for a Russian who's been eaten by a shark. He should take the war seriously and pick up a banner, or get in a rubber boat heading for the UK.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPG
In my humble opinion, this is one huge problem with expanding alliances. Turkey are not really aligned with the other countries in NATO, so why were they allowed to join it?

There is no question that the quality of nato has decreased as its grown larger over the years, but seemingly it's allowed to grow as the view for existing members is that more members reduce the burden of cost for existing members in the event of war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom