Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the Western tanks will be destroyed. Especially since they are the source of wonderful propaganda for Putin. This is war. Hopefully, the Ukrainians can do some damage with them before they are all gone.

I see no evidence to suggest otherwise

The thousands of destroy Russian tanks is not because the era of the tank is over but more that the era of artillery has being revitalised thanks to drones.

The only way these western tanks won't be destroyed is if Ukraine has air superiority and can eliminate the Russian artillery before the tanks push forward. So perhaps Ukraine should have waited till it has 100 or 200 F16s before going on the offensive

Or

We can go back to ww2 tank design and start building huge super heavy tanks that can survive artillery shells

Last edited:
To my mind, the way that people distance themselves from the actions of their country is very wrong. If the UK invades a country, then I accept some responsibility for that. If I really disagreed with what my country was doing, there is the option to campaign for change or even to leave and go to another country, not just turn a blind eye and go on holiday. So no, I won't shed a tear for a Russian who's been eaten by a shark. He should take the war seriously and pick up a banner, or get in a rubber boat heading for the UK.
Did you go on holiday in 2003 when we invaded Iraq and helped to kill 40,000 soldiers and 10,000 civilians?

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, this is one huge problem with expanding alliances. Turkey are not really aligned with the other countries in NATO, so why were they allowed to join it?

Because it was the cold war and Turkey controls the entrance to the Black Sea and to the Med from the Black Sea. It made perfect sense to have them in NATO and still does even though they don't have NATOs best interests at heart a lot of the time.

Did you go on holiday in 2003 when we invaded Iraq and helped to kill 40,000 soldiers and 10,000 civilians?

I don't agree with what we did, but yes, as a citizen of the UK I share some responsibility. I still call myself British, and in doing so I would expect some Iraqis to laugh if a video emerged of me being run over by a combined harvester.

Last edited:
Reactions: SPG
In my humble opinion, this is one huge problem with expanding alliances. Turkey are not really aligned with the other countries in NATO, so why were they allowed to join it?

They were aligned in opposition to the Soviet Union. Which is what NATO was about. And it is in a strategically import location.

Also, times change, under its current leader Turkey has moved away from its historical alignment.

I see no evidence to suggest otherwise

The thousands of destroy Russian tanks is not because the era of the tank is over but more that the era of artillery has being revitalised thanks to drones.

The only way these western tanks won't be destroyed is if Ukraine has air superiority and can eliminate the Russian artillery before the tanks push forward. So perhaps Ukraine should have waited till it has 100 or 200 F16s before going on the offensive

Or

We can go back to ww2 tank design and start building huge super heavy tanks that can survive artillery shells

That didnt happen in WW2 either sadly, rthe Maus was the only 1 that might have taken a hit, with 8 inches of armour on the roof - but the T28 and Tortoise couldnt. What we`ll have is AI controlled drone swarms an optic camoflage

It seems the counter offensive even using western equipment is not going to be the pushover many (including me to a certain extent) assumed.
Drones have totally changed the modern battlefield.

I just saw it in a twitter thread. Wasn't looking for it. I genuinely feel sick to my stomach now. That's absolutely horrific. Wouldn't wish that on anyone. Guy was literally eaten alive.

Yep. I have a fairly thick skin and dark sense of humour but that was absolutely awful. Imagine watching your own son being eaten alive.

It seems the counter offensive even using western equipment is not going to be the pushover many (including me to a certain extent) assumed.

It was never going to be a pushover. Russia is now defending fixed positions and the last year has shown their leadership will take shocking losses in pursuit of objectives.

I don't think that close to real time updates are helpful, to be honest. It's probably more helpful to accept that progress may be slow, on the whole, while looking for a weak point to exploit.

Not aimed at you personally- just my general view.

Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Building.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Unit ready.
Ion Cannon ready.

They were never realistically just going to steamroll the Russians everywhere. It will take time and there will be loses on the Ukraine side too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom