Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukraine best success so far was capturing Robotyne, it's the furthest southern point. No footage from the area but the Russians claim the Ukrainian brigade that took it was the 47th, equipped with Bradleys

They were aligned in opposition to the Soviet Union. Which is what NATO was about. And it is in a strategically import location.

Also, times change, under its current leader Turkey has moved away from its historical alignment.
Turkey is also a massive tourist destination for Russians.

They have a vested interest in keeping out of it as much as they can.

I just hope NATO punish them in some way, there is no doubt Turkey is playing both sides in this conflict.

They were never realistically just going to steamroll the Russians everywhere. It will take time and there will be loses on the Ukraine side too.
Defenders always have an advantage, they say in war attackers lose 5 to 1.

Its going to be bloody for Ukraine, just hope they can still get the job done.

Drones spot them coming and all hell rains down on them.

They need the F-16's to make the difference and personally I think they should really wait for them before pushing to hard.

Ukraine best success so far was capturing Robotyne, it's the furthest southern point. No footage from the area but the Russians claim the Ukrainian brigade that took it was the 47th, equipped with Bradleys
A third of the way to tokmak. That's fairly impressive gain. If they get to Tokmak, the Russians are gonna start crapping themselves.

I would call this year successful, IF they can push Russia out to the Crimean peninsula.

Last edited:
I suppose it was to be expected but I still hate seeing it

Unfortunately, a counter attack without air superiority is always going to be costly.

Hopefully crew is all good and can transfer to new vehicles and these can be recovered/ repaired.

Unfortunately there's is no wonder tank out there that can win the war.

Plus a lot of people have fallen for the marketing bs, competitions does not equal combat ability

Last edited:
I suppose it was to be expected but I still hate seeing it

Yeah it sucks. But as mentioned elsewhere.. it's war, there are gonna be losses. We all hope for a collapse but they are dug in, so gonna be tough. This was always the most likely attack vector, because it splits russian forces if successful.

They are taking ground, which is the important thing here.

Was just thinking it through about why they don't just push 20k men through one area to absolutely decimate the front line. I came to the conclusion that by doing so, Russia would likely do something stupid like start launching tactical nukes in that area.

So I get why AFU is chosing this route so far. (And to be honest, I'm not really sure this is a full assault yet ). They still have Crimea itself to deal with so will need to keep stuff in reserve.

Turkey is also a massive tourist destination for Russians.

They have a vested interest in keeping out of it as much as they can.

I just hope NATO punish them in some way, there is no doubt Turkey is playing both sides in this conflict.
Russia would love turkey to leave NATO and join BRACS, but NATO membership stops russia from invading.. I’m not sure BRACS would provide the same.

Wonder what they are up to (apart from building a base), what's the reasoning for it

With Sevastopol increasingly unviable, I guess it makes sense to boost their other ports. Olenya is frozen half the year but it has the advantage of not needing to enter or exit through any narrows. Especially with Sweden and Finland becoming NATO, their port on the Baltic isn't as secure as it once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom