Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just thinking it through about why they don't just push 20k men through one area to absolutely decimate the front line
here is an example of forward thinking military theory that made WW I what it was.
But why stop at 20k?

On a serious note, just like in WW I, military theory seems to be struggling. Its been decades since roughly equal forces met on a frontline and experience from recent "colonial" conflicts doesn't apply.

If blitzkrieg breakthroughs with encirclements are out of the question, all that remains is to slug it out until one side can't sustain the losses

Last edited:
here is an example of forward thinking military theory that made WW I what it was.
But why stop at 20k?

On a serious note, just like in WW I, military theory seems to be struggling. Its been decades since roughly equal forces met on a frontline and experience from recent "colonial" conflicts doesn't apply.

If blitzkrieg breakthroughs with encirclements are out of the question, all that remains is to slug it out until one side can't sustain the losses

The military theory is sound, it's just you actually need a well coordinated, trained, and equipped military to apply the theory. Russia has shown they can't fight a modern day conflict using combined arms. So often tanks have been unsupported by infantry and there's been a distinct lack of airpower despite a supposedly large air force. Ukraine obviously doesn't have much in the way of an airforce, they've had some success with fast counter offensives using mobile armour, but I don't see them being able to achieve success like that again given Russia has had time to dig in and knows what to expect.

Last edited:
The military theory is sound, it's just you actually need a well coordinated, trained, and equipped military to apply the theory. Russia has shown they can't fight a modern day conflict using combined arms. So often tanks have been unsupported by infantry and there's been a distinct lack of airpower despite a supposedly large air force. Ukraine obviously doesn't have much in the way of an airforce, they've had some success with fast counter offensives using mobile armour, but I don't see them being able to achieve success like that again given Russia has had time to dig in and knows what to expect.

Ukraine shows the same issues as well

Just prior to the offensive starting US officials who visited Kyiv seemed excited and were happy to talk about how ukraine would use combined arms in their offensive

More footage has released from the destroyed column of Bradley's and leopard tanks - it appears the column was unsupported from the air and the Russians attacked the column with ka52 helicopters, which in theory could be shot down by supporting infantry manpads or air support assets

Wonder what they are up to (apart from building a base), what's the reasoning for it

Probably quite ominous really. The US have told Russia that if they use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, their response will be to destroy the whole Black Sea Fleet (so no Russian territory will be touched to avoid escalation). Perhaps building maritime defences in the arctic is a precursor to using a nuke.

Probably quite ominous really. The US have told Russia that if they use nuclear weapons in Ukraine, their response will be to destroy the whole Black Sea Fleet (so no Russian territory will be touched to avoid escalation). Perhaps building maritime defences in the arctic is a precursor to using a nuke.
One assumes the Black see fleet includes SSBN's the US destroying any of the Russian nuclear deterrent at sea or on land sounds like a huge step towards DEFCON1 to me.

Edit- maybe not wiki suggests they're only in the Pacific and Northern Fleets

Last edited:
You see, this is what I mean about the moderation. The rules seems to be made up on the spot by whichever mods is present. Loads of posts about the shark attack have been posted and are still there, yet I made a witty little comment about 'not Russian to get out of the water' and it gets deleted within minutes.

So come on mods, clarify the rules please.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Analysis of the Russian lines, and how Russian reserves likely reacted. This gent believes this is the most decisive moment.
YouTube has ruined combat review videos. I fully understand why you would get demontised if you show someone getting shot or blown up by drone grenade drop but now you can't even see things getting hit from long range or have any sort of explosions or live firing footage.

Analysis of the Russian lines, and how Russian reserves likely reacted. This gent believes this is the most decisive moment.
He’s probably right although there are probing attacks all the way to the front line. One thing is clear is that it would be A darn sight easier if F16’s had been available now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom