Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one of update videos there was a report Ukraine had pushed Russia back as far as the canal in Bakmhut. With all this noise on SM a lot of it could be deliberate misdirection, I'd wait for the map updates before getting to excited.

Edit
Deepstate Map hasn't been updated for over a day now which suggests something substantial has happened with the front lines.

I have was watching the "Enforcer" Livestream on youtube for the first time tonight. Great info.

Ukraine shows the same issues as well

Just prior to the offensive starting US officials who visited Kyiv seemed excited and were happy to talk about how ukraine would use combined arms in their offensive

More footage has released from the destroyed column of Bradley's and leopard tanks - it appears the column was unsupported from the air and the Russians attacked the column with ka52 helicopters, which in theory could be shot down by supporting infantry manpads or air support assets
I do have to ask, why was the column not capable of shooting down some helicopters.
So far, in everything I have seen of Ukrainian offensives, their armour has not been supported by infantry. This is a recipe for disaster. But then we have only seen 1% of what's going on there, so I am sure they know more than we do.

Last edited:
From reports, the leopard reputation is taking a hammering.

Not sure Germany will be quite happy with it's performance or how it's being used.

Leopards are getting damaged by artillery. I fail to see how that affects its reputation, did Germany campaign on this tank being able to take direct hits from 125mm arty shells??

I don't see how its reputation can be affected until you see them Losing in combat to Russian tanks and we have seen no such footage

So apparently, AFU have broken ALL THREE defensive lines in the south. IF TRUE, this is absolutely insane.

Get some salt, and throw it though ok...

Edit: Apparently AFU also went back into Bahkmut!

Is this from Okhiv? It's where the Russians claim Ukraine has gathered 600 armoured vehicles

I do have to ask, why was the column not capable of shooting down some helicopters.
So far, in everything I have seen of Ukrainian offensives, their armour has not been supported by infantry. This is a recipe for disaster. But then we have only seen 1% of what's going on there, so I am sure they know more than we do.
KA52 was around 10km away, they don't have MANPADs with that range and bringing up mobile AA to the front is risky.

Last edited:
So apparently, AFU have broken ALL THREE defensive lines in the south. IF TRUE, this is absolutely insane.

Get some salt, and throw it though ok...

Edit: Apparently AFU also went back into Bahkmut!

We can only hope. The US sounded pretty confident, but the Russians are well dug in. If they can break the defensive lines all that could change very quickly.

From reports, the leopard reputation is taking a hammering.

Not sure Germany will be quite happy with it's performance or how it's being used.

Not if you then read the reports of them being recovered and easily repaired.

Last edited:
Get over yourself! Not everyone is so weak minded.
A lot of it comes from a simple human condition called morbid curiosity. Then there is simple interest in current events, were not all as fragile when it comes to mortality, it happens, somestimes it happens close to us sometimes not. Death is a matter of reality!

Personally I dont go seaking this stuff out but I can understand the interest in people wanting to know whats happening. Lets not beat around the bush... This **** is most definitely happening!
Thanks for teaching me what morbid curiosity is, I never knew.....

It's not about being fragile, we're humans and we can die. I've seen it rather nastily first hand with a suicide and accidents involving trains and heavy vehicles. But to seek out (I'm not referencing you) videos of people in profound moments of anguish and pain cannot be good for the psyche. It's brutalising. Tbh you can see that with some of the comments in this thread where people wish death so casually and with a perverse joy.

Def Mon on twitter has 4 mins of footage (in 2 vids) of the Leo/Bradley engagement. Its not from the start.

There are already vehicles hit but one of the Bradleys gets hit whilst filming.

It does appear they were ambushed and hit in crossfire and looks a lot like they were rescuing crew (many can be seen on the ground fit and escaping at the end) so looks a lot like a "hot" rescue mission as opposed to a complete clusterbrexit as some were claiming.

Thanks for teaching me what morbid curiosity is, I never knew.....

It's not about being fragile, we're humans and we can die. I've seen it rather nastily first hand with a suicide and accidents involving trains and heavy vehicles. But to seek out (I'm not referencing you) videos of people in profound moments of anguish and pain cannot be good for the psyche. It's brutalising. Tbh you can see that with some of the comments in this thread where people wish death so casually and with a perverse joy.
It's inevitable though right. Public torture and executions have been part of our civilisation for probably our entire existence.

People chose to attend those when it involved wearing out their fancy leather sandals which they had to sell their 2nd born son to afford (I imagine they took their first born son with them as a useful life lesson). So now when almost nobody needs to sell their second son to indulge in this apparently hard wired behaviour, and we also have pretty great tarmac, of course they'll seek it out.

Maybe when we all somehow evolve to a Star Trek TNG future our brains will stop us :p.

It's inevitable though right. Public torture and executions have been part of our civilisation for probably our entire existence.

People chose to attend those when it involved wearing out their fancy leather sandals which they had to sell their 2nd born son to afford (I imagine they took their first born son with them as a useful life lesson). So now when almost nobody needs to sell their second son to indulge in this apparently hard wired behaviour, and we also have pretty great tarmac, of course they'll seek it out.

Maybe when we all somehow evolve to a Star Trek TNG future our brains will stop us :p.

I'd put it more simply: some people just really enjoy watching people in pain, and dying.

This comes up every month or so, and it's always the same lot with "omg just watched brutal death that went on for ages", then they all swap stories about their favourite death videos.

Def Mon on twitter has 4 mins of footage (in 2 vids) of the Leo/Bradley engagement. Its not from the start.

There are already vehicles hit but one of the Bradleys gets hit whilst filming.

It does appear they were ambushed and hit in crossfire and looks a lot like they were rescuing crew (many can be seen on the ground fit and escaping at the end) so looks a lot like a "hot" rescue mission as opposed to a complete clusterbrexit as some were claiming.

Interestingly the smoke screens work as intended and most crews are seen getting out.

This kind of thing is inevitable, but Ukraine will adapt.

Last edited:
Update from Russians on telegram

"We are forced to admit the Ukrainian Armed Forces have made Tactical Advances today along the Velyka Novosilka Front in the Southwestern Donetsk Region specifically near the Town of Neskuchne where they have captured multiple Positions in the Lowlands. Russian Artillery is striking these Positions as well as other Elements that are trying to Reinforce and Assist these Units."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom