Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
|Oryx has 2 Leopards lost (1 damaged , 1 destroyed), and 10 Bradleys.
I’m still amazed that the media and general armchair thought Ukraine could punch through fortified Russian lines without taking any loses.. over 100 leopards were delivered and something like 300 Bradley’s so that’s still a 1% leopards and 3% Bradley’s lost. Heck I’m my C&C days I’d be happy with that if attacking a heavily fortified NOD base ;)

Last edited:
Lets also remember even though a good chunk of the newly committed forces of the newly formed Ukrainian brigades have had western training. That dosnt immediately turn them into super soldiers. They have received a very condensed training package with the goal of making a civilian something other than a complete liability in a warzone. I hope they have taken a lot from the training they have received, however they are at the end of the day completely inexperienced. I just hope that they have gained enough from the training to allow them to learn quickly in battle. I mean lets face it the ones that dont learn quickly wont be around long enough to make the mistake again as sad as it is. The coming battles are going to be brutal and we are going to see a lot of stuff we dont like. As has already been said multiple time in this thread, Ukraine are now on the offensive, they are going to see a disproportionate number of casualties as is the rule of doctrine in this matter.

This is a war! It aint gonna be pretty!
I agree however I do take some hope in the fact that the western training they received has to be 100 times better than the Russian training which was rumoured to be non existent, and the fact is they have lost most of their experianced troops and are now filled with poor conscripts.

I have no illusions of this being easy though, there will be heavy losses on both sides

I’m still amazed that the media and general armchair thought Ukraine could punch through fortified Russian lines without taking any loses.. over 100 leopards were delivered and something like 300 Bradley’s so that’s still a 1% leopards and 3% Bradley’s lost. Heck I’m my C&C days I’d be happy with that if attacking a heavily fortified NOD base ;)
Plus you have to assume the first line of defence will be toughest to break with lines of prepared russian heavy armour

RUF committed 40k in reserves? Holy sheet.

That is mental.

They don't look happy

CgiS5K6.jpg

Last edited:
What's making it look bad is Russia is releasing tones of videos (whether new or old) whilst Ukraine is being silent.

Resulting in russian spamming social media and effecting people's opinions.

Last I heard it was 109 Bradley's and about 65 Leopard 2 tanks delivered. We don't really have enough info to know if the losses were worth what what gained but they cannot sustain those loses, the IFV losses anyway, for very long. Hopefully the US announce more in the coming weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom