Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Not great, not terrible.
wow, I had no idea
the attack in question, may 16th? Quite a fall after that. Hope that [paid] article works for them
The hits have now been confirmed as basically unimpactful
Amount of damage is irrelevant in this context. They claim every missile was shot down. We see that at least two weren't. So it is all just a cool story

Last edited:
Amount of damage is irrelevant in this context. They claim every missile was shot down. We see that at least two weren't. So it is all just a cool story

Nonsense. A missile hitting the battery rather than the sharpnel of a big missile being intercepted and doing some essentially cosmetic damage is pretty relevant.

If Kinzhal succesfullt hit the battery you'd expect Russia would have continued and not locked up its Kinzhal scientists on treason.

I don't think Russia has employed Kinzhal since.

Last edited:
wow, I had no idea
the attack in question, may 16th? Quite a fall after that. Hope that [paid] article works for them

IF the whole missile hit properly then its either 1) a laughably poor missile, or 2) a laughable poor missile

I think most people believe it was basically destroyed but still with "correct" trajectory remnants.

0 line of defence the last set of analysis I saw that tried to match the various war maps with Satellite images put UKR about 5-10km away from the trenches and dragons teeth

Erm, thats not how this works in the real world. Point of contact and first lines were broken on day 1 - or do you think they have emplacements, trenches and pre spotted artillery on random locations for lol factor? Unless the art has moved, then it`ll be overun today as guns have a range of 20km or so without special rounds

Erm, thats not how this works in the real world. Point of contact and first lines were broken on day 1 - or do you think they have emplacements, trenches and pre spotted artillery on random locations for lol factor? Unless the art has moved, then it`ll be overun today as guns have a range of 20km or so without special rounds
I mean they have yet to reach this lot and Bakhmut has proven that shelling trenches for months on end doesn't necessarily clear them
Map-of-Russias-defensive-fortifications-in-Zaporizhzhia.jpg
np_file_224400-scaled.jpeg

Last edited:
Unconfirmed.. There so much fog of war atm I don't take tweets at face value.
Very much so. I'm erring on the side of waiting for official announcements, as the majority of the stuff floating around is unconfirmed and posted from completely random accounts.
That said... There is enough information floating around from both sides to reasonably suggest that the main push at the moment is in the apparently weaker defended Donetsk area and have pushed far further south than the massively out of date map from ISW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom