Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Founder of Russia’s Wagner Group Prigozhin: Not Sure Wagner Will Stay in Ukraine
He needed prisoners to fight for him, so could it be that he really doesn't have that many men in his ranks just now?

The prisoners are no longer an option and he will have some men but the quantity he needs may very well impossible to find.

I think he's full of **** and looking for excuses.

Last edited by a moderator:
He needed prisoners to fight for him, so could it be that he really doesn't have that many men in his ranks just now?

The prisoners are no longer an option and he will have some men but the quantity he needs may very well impossible to find.

I think he's full of S*** and looking for excuses.

Has the Tory party spoke to him yet about immigration and a possible deal ?

Still just amazed at Russians who believe that "We didn't have a choice", "Aggressive NATO" etc.

What's amazing is the West typically have no designs of land expansion for countries. Russia/China/India are the countries taking part in this the past few decades.
To be fair I don't believe it's the Russians that are to blame, by that I mean the general population. I don't believer they ever thought we were a threat.

They have never had it so good, their malls were full of luxury goods, their fast food outlets were western, they were driving nice cars wearing Nike etc, they had what I would call a normal life.

Now they will be skint, waiting in line for food rations etc, they have been sent back to the 50's, sure the rich wont care but that's only 1percent.

For me this is one man trying to get back the glory days of the old USSR, if he had the military he thought he had he would already have most of the old countries back by now

Lucky for those countries corruption and incompetence meant his equipment and personnel weren't up to the job. There is no doubt however without our help he would have succeeded, there is no way they could have stopped him on their own.

As heroic as Ukraine are they would have fought well but with nothing left to fight with after a couple of weeks. NATO has played a blinder but its not just about helping Ukraine which is a great side affect, I say side affect because keeping Russia in check is very much in our interests.

Do you guys think this is true or false

Russia captures US tanks as 'trophies' in reverse for Ukrainian fightback​

Russia has got its hands on US tanks in a startling reverse for the much-heralded Ukrainian counteroffensive launched this week.

Video has been released showing US- and German-made heavy artillery seized by Russian troops on the frontline, reports The Daily Express US.

Seemingly trying to provoke Kyiv's Western allies, the Russian defense ministry claims the Leopard 2 tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles were captured during a battle in the Zaporizhzhia region.

Alongside a short clip, the ministry said in a statement: "Leopard tanks and Bradley infantry fighting vehicles. These are our trophies. Equipment of the Ukrainian armed forces in the Zaporizhzhia region.

Post by daily express

Last edited:
To be fair I don't believe it's the Russians that are to blame, by that I mean the general population. I don't believer they ever thought we were a threat.

They have never had it so good, their malls were full of luxury goods, their fast food outlets were western, they were driving nice cars wearing Nike etc, they had what I would call a normal life.

Now they will be skint, waiting in line for food rations etc, they have been sent back to the 50's, sure the rich wont care but that's only 1percent.

For me this is one man trying to get back the glory days of the old USSR, if he had the military he thought he had he would already have most of the old countries back by now

Lucky for those countries corruption and incompetence meant his equipment and personnel weren't up to the job. There is no doubt however without our help he would have succeeded, there is no way they could have stopped him on their own.

As heroic as Ukraine are they would have fought well but with nothing left to fight with after a couple of weeks. NATO has played a blinder but its not just about helping Ukraine which is a great side affect, I say side affect because keeping Russia in check is very much in our interests.
I was in St Petersburg in 2019, there was certainly no Putin fanbase there.

They were more than a done with him thieving off the Russians for years, meaning they had to do cash in hand work on top of other jobs while living in overpriced, run down apartments.

How a population then react once their country is at war with constant state propaganda, well, I can't say.

I don't think anybody ever wants to conceive of the fact they may be on the wrong side of a war.

Do you guys think this is true or false

Post by daily express

Its almost certainly true.

The leopards and bradleys look like they were ambushed, a rescue mission took place where they abandoned the damaged ones. I saw another clip with at least one dead Ukrainian :(
Reports I think from Ukraine say that 4-5 were killed there. Which whilst that sucks looks like a small fraction of the number it could have been.

There are some clips with Russians (I assume the ones who performed the ambush) pulling some bits out of / off the top of one of the bradleys.
I assume they managed to hold the area in order to tow a few bits off, although I haven't seen them displayed outside the area where they were hit.

Its almost certainly true.

The leopards and bradleys look like they were ambushed, a rescue mission took place where they abandoned the damaged ones. I saw another clip with at least one dead Ukrainian :(
Reports I think from Ukraine say that 4-5 were killed there. Which whilst that sucks looks like a small fraction of the number it could have been.

There are some clips with Russians (I assume the ones who performed the ambush) pulling some bits out of / off the top of one of the bradleys.
I assume they managed to hold the area in order to tow a few bits off, although I haven't seen them displayed outside the area where they were hit.
Do you reckon it was these that Colonel posted about last Friday

I suppose it was to be expected but I still hate seeing it

Last edited:
It's naive to think that every encounter is going to go Ukraine's way.
Looking at social/mainstream media there are a lot of self declared experts who are throwing their opinions in on Ukraine's (and Russia's) performance during this counteroffensive.

Something a lot of people seem to be overlooking, is that Ukraine are attempting something that simply has not happened on this planet in almost eighty years. There is currently not a single military on the face of the earth that has recent experience executing a combined armoured/infantry advance against a dug in enemy without air superiority.

In fact, I don't think it's unwarranted to say that if the Desert Storm coalition had failed to defeat the Iraqi air force/air defences and commence aerial bombardment of their artillery (obviously a fictional example as that was never on the cards) then they would not have dared advance into Kuwait. On the flipside, a bunch of random Libyans in pickup trucks managed to defeat their countries professional army purely because they had a NATO air force flying ahead obliterating all resistance.

The fact Ukraine's alleged losses are so low despite the danger of what they are attempting is IMO nothing short of remarkable.

While those in the bigger cities/richer western districts never had it so good that is not Russia as a whole - vast areas of it are poor and used to having it tough - large parts of the population still live in relatively isolated communities often in poverty or near poverty - though they are increasingly going to be living in even more poverty.

Touching on the post below though a large amount of the Russian population was done with war/Putin, saw most stuff on TV, etc. as propaganda whether coming from the government or foreign and much more concerned with getting by - I'm surprised how docile they've been relatively since this all kicked off even taking into account that speaking out in Russia tends to end badly.

I was in St Petersburg in 2019, there was certainly no Putin fanbase there.

They were more than a done with him thieving off the Russians for years, meaning they had to do cash in hand work on top of other jobs while living in overpriced, run down apartments.

How a population then react once their country is at war with constant state propaganda, well, I can't say.

I don't think anybody ever wants to conceive of the fact they may be on the wrong side of a war.

What is also of interest is the US Army noises about throwing more money at PrSM as slow cruise missiles are now very vulnerable
Ukraine have proven that slow moving cruise missiles are completely ineffective and can be picked off by manpads and even some chad with an AK, let alone sophisticated AD systems. They have a very solid point. The likes of tomahawks will likely be just as vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom