Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukranians are reporting the Iranian shahed drones are now manufactured with fewer western components, but the western components have been replaced with Chinese components and so manufacturing still continues and is infact expanding

That is not supprising - naturally Chinese manufacturing will be very happy about this.

Russia have seen how useful drones and cheap production of missiles is - it will replace their cheap use of bullets and shells that the old Russian 1900s strategy of shell it into oblivion.

The west are, naturally, in need of basic resource and manufacturing in the long run to be reliant on Chinese manufacturing. China will be happy to play both sides of the table as long as it suites them - just as the US and most countries if they can get away with it.

There has more or less being no new news for 48 hours on the offensive. The reason is the weather, it's raining hard and will rain for the rest of the week so the ukranian are holding down and won't move till it dries
That explains it. I would expect them to be HIMAR'sing the crap out of the fortifications in front of them.

I might be totally off base here as I don't really know what I was expecting. However, all the combat footage coming out of this seems so weird, in that it's often only 1 tank or vehicle or a few blokes running around.

I honestly don't know how it works really but I thought you should use combined arms and not just send a tank to pootle about on its own (for example).

I was just expecting to see larger scale forces and attacks.

I might be totally off base here as I don't really know what I was expecting. However, all the combat footage coming out of this seems so weird, in that it's often only 1 tank or vehicle or a few blokes running around.

I honestly don't know how it works really but I thought you should use combined arms and not just send a tank to pootle about on its own (for example).

Looking back things were very quiet from the Ukrainian side in the days running up to other big liberations. They do a good job of blacking out the news so they don't give anything away to the enemy. Let's just hope no news is good news

The main force hasn't entered combat yet.

Jake broe did a good explanation on this in todays video.

He explained that Russia has many thousands of troops it's holding back in reserve. They don't have enough troops to reinforce the entire front so they holding most back, waiting to see where Ukraine sends its main force. Ukraine knows this, so it's holding back it's main force and engaging in small probing attacks, hoping to bait Russia into engaging them with their reserve forces and once they do, Ukraine's main force will attack somewhere else to bypass and potentially flank them. So for now it's a game of cat and mouse, both sides are holding the majority of their force back

Last edited:

The footage I've seen is from the Russian side, taking video and photos of the same two tanks or the same attack from loads of different angles to make it look like there more.

The main force hasn't entered combat yet.

Jake broe did a good explanation on this in todays video.

He explained that Russia has many thousands of troops it's holding back in reserve. They don't have enough troops to reinforce the entire front so they holding most back, waiting to see where Ukraine sends its main force. Ukraine knows this, so it's holding back it's main force and engaging in small probing attacks, hoping to bait Russia into engaging them with their reserve forces and once they do, Ukraine's main force will attack somewhere else to bypass and potentially flank them. So for now it's a game of cat and mouse, both sides are holding the majority of their force back

In the meantime intel is attempting to ascertain where their main forces are and then target them behind the lines. Usual stuff.

The front line in Ukraine is near the distance of London to Aberdeen. Russia could put 40,000 troops between London and the M25 have 4 million more and still have large gaps

Yes I think people miss this constantly.

IMO the Ukrainians are still just probing and will take opportunities but really still softening up.
Some commentators I have seen thing the Russians are pulling up forces from the real defensive works to support the front lines.
If thats true then if Ukraine create a break they could sweep massive areas quite quickly.

I've seen very little footage of anything larger than company size formations. Though a lot of the Ukrainian footage comes from irregular and territorial forces as the regular army is a bit tighter on the use of social media, etc.

Same with stuff like WW2 though you rarely see footage showing a perspective of anything more than a small number of vehicles and men other than convoys behind the frontline.

Testing the "line" to see where they can break through. The general idea is that Russia is holding back men to see where Ukraine might try and break through, so perhaps Ulraine are trying to bait them again like they did before, I would assume the real bulk of their main force ir much further back till they feel the time is right. Also they have halted more so as its started to rain, and Ukraine mud is pretty famous now lol.

Same with stuff like WW2 though you rarely see footage showing a perspective of anything more than a small number of vehicles and men other than convoys behind the frontline.

I don't know about that. There is still a lot of footage/pictures displaying massive operations in action like D Day etc

I've just not seen any footage of any large operations.

All i ever see is a random couple of blokes getting an explosive dropped on their head by a drone, or a single tank on its own getting hit by a mine/anti tank weapon. Or some APC randomly moving around a town on its own.

Last edited:
Considering the fate of Lukashenko you'd think Orban wouldn't be so eager to join him, but then he knows the countries in NATO won't punish him that severely so he will constantly agitate just enough to satisfy his depressed fanbase so they ignore Hungary's many fundamental issues that he's doing nothing to fix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom