Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
It started a while back they're just not speed running it, these positions are much harder to attack than Kharkhiv was.

Slow and steady, find the weaknesses and exploit them.

I think you're missing the point, re: your last sentence, that's what I referred to re: shaping operations. That can be seen as preparations for a counter-offensive which may well have started today! As per the Ukrainian Minister of Defence's comments yesterday that it had not yet begun.

They're not even (or at least weren't yesterday) using all of the brigades they have prepared for this.

Last edited:
The guy on Sky News was saying now Wagner is out of the picture Russia doesn't have enough forces to counter attack Ukrainian offensives. Without proper air cover Ukraine needs every advantage it can get if it wants to push out Russia.

If a small hostile force traversed that far through the US, (out in the open no less) and got to Washington, it would demonstrate weaknes in my country's defenses. (And leadership)

This epesode has exposed just how thinly-stretched (weak) Russia is right now.
I suspect that a force with tanks, anti-air shooting down planes etc with 200 miles of washington may be noticed.. especially if the leader announced the intent..

Protesters storming the capitol is the same as a full-on mercenary army marching through the countryside with tanks and and anti-arcraft?

That's quite the reach.

Only in terms of scale, consider IRA car bombs in the 80s and then the 9/11 plane attacks. Just because more people died in one event than the other, that doesn't mean both incidents weren't terrorism.

The protesters storming the capital were armed with automatic weapons and they killed people. It's still an insurgency

Last edited:
I think he lost his temper over a variety of issues, ammunition, poor support from regular army, trying to absorb Wagner into regular army.

He lost it and went after those running the military. Probably not Putin himself but they've probably not been on speaking terms for a while.

Lukashenko and Prigozhin are buddies, Lukashenko offered to mediate as he's buddies with both. I don't think it's any more complicated than 2 buddies fall out and the buddy in common tries to smooth the waves, and succeeds, sort of.

I’m glad Boris has no armed forces..

It does mean that, but proxy of absorbing wagner into the army, Russia has just invaded Africa and taken control of mining etc.

It isn't splitting hairs. It is a key point that anti-gun people don't understand. A semi-auto rifle is not an "assault" weapon. They use it to scare people into driving to ban guns because it sounds scary.

But anyway.. kinda getting off-topic here.

Ukraine made more gains in the South. Claim that the counter offensive main attack hasn't occurred yet. Partial Bridge head possibly established across Dnipro river (Skeptical though as that's a lot of swamp area).

They are across. BUt not penetrated far in.

This map is very cautiously updated based on confirmed photos etc

Last edited:
Seems risky move and easy to get large equipment lost there if not carefully planned, as if Russians blow the bridge, vehicles can't retreat.

Yep risky for sure, although they said part of the reason was to push the Russians back to make it harder to target the right bank.

The Ukrainians seem to be pushing the whole front so opening this up again properly helps pull the Russians.
I doubt they have taken that much across, was talk of a few tanks/armoured vehicles.

Suspect not a lot will come from this front, but the Russians cannot ignore it because it could be serious if unchallenged.

I am confused how the commander in chief of Ukraine engaging with his troops is "off topic nonsense" when IMO its a significant factor behind the morale the Ukrainians have!
Whilst the Russian commander in chief hides at the end of a very long table hundreds of miles from the front.

I am not surprised there is a significant morale difference between the two sides.

Off topic was about the US insurrection I believe, not the CiC.

-----

Was watching one video where they were talking about Ukraine trying to avoid hitting a town near the river directly, which is why they are trying to probe every other area first, as that town will be a major challenge. I forget the name, I will need to look it up. More on the Western side as the Dnipro river bends around. They might need to assault directly if they can't get a breakthrough elsewhere.

Perhaps the deal with Putin was for the pretext of Wagner getting "evicted" from Russia to Belarus only to finance another northern attack

I don't see how/why that would need such theatrics.

On another note Lukashenko has made some interesting observations as to the Russian nuclear weapons installed in Belarus the subtext seems to be they aren't in great condition and need significant maintenance.

Last edited:
Off topic was about the US insurrection I believe, not the CiC.

-----

Was watching one video where they were talking about Ukraine trying to avoid hitting a town near the river directly, which is why they are trying to probe every other area first, as that town will be a major challenge. I forget the name, I will need to look it up. More on the Western side as the Dnipro river bends around. They might need to assault directly if they can't get a breakthrough elsewhere.

My post about the CiC was removed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom