Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how this is a Putin victory. The whole thing leaves him much weaker than before.
I guess you are only "weak" if you are attacked. Time will tell who has the bottle, but given he has been lining the pockets of tonnes of folk, it is highly unlikely IMHO. Something about biting the hand that feeds you...........

I guess you are only "weak" if you are attacked. Time will tell who has the bottle, but given he has been lining the pockets of tonnes of folk, it is highly unlikely IMHO. Something about biting the hand that feeds you...........
The trouble is Putin keeps plenty of snakes in his back garden so getting bite should be expected. There's people in and around Puting looking at this thinking what they can get out him given how easily he left off Prigozhin get away with quite literal treason and blackmail (i'm assuming money was involved at some point).

So Putin won - from the `deal` made, Wagnar is being disbanded and the PMC troops either join the regular army , quit or head to berlarus without equipment.
Prigozhin was weak he went in with only 8500 men instead of the 25k he is meant to have.

The Chechens were going after him with full strength, he knew he couldn't win. He had no choice and he knew it.

I cant see him being a power in Russia again, there is no way Putin will ever trust him now.

All that nonsense he said about not spilling Russian blood after shooting down 6 helicopters and a plane full of Russian blood was just a poor excuse only a fool would believe.

he would have killed anyone who stood in his way if it all went according to plan.

Prigozhin was weak

I think he lost his temper over a variety of issues, ammunition, poor support from regular army, trying to absorb Wagner into regular army.

He lost it and went after those running the military. Probably not Putin himself but they've probably not been on speaking terms for a while.

Lukashenko and Prigozhin are buddies, Lukashenko offered to mediate as he's buddies with both. I don't think it's any more complicated than 2 buddies fall out and the buddy in common tries to smooth the waves, and succeeds, sort of.

Putin gave Lukashenko what he was prepared to offer - exile to Belarus.

In the face of loyal military forces and the Chechens on the way, Prigozhin realised the only off ramp for him was death.

Progozhin calms down, takes exile rather than death and leaves - probably dumping the Wagner troops who were likely to have been in fear of being punished - but sign this form to become regular army and we'll say no more about it.

Somewhere along the line this debacle has weakened Putin but I suspect not as much as we in the West would like and probably not the self imposed diversion UA forces could do with the nail RU in the counter offensive.

Last edited:
Prigozhin screwed up massively, but I didn't realise he was just a criminal (served nine years in jail for robbery) opened a hot dog tand on his release and then got himself a private army and threw it all away.
Just an idiot really.
Has this weakened Putin? I'm not so sure.

I dunno about that.

Whatever happened at the top in response to this will be known to everyone not completely inside Putin's tightening circle of 'allies' and they know that we know what happened as well. Nobody is going to take Putin seriously now if he indeed did just run like a little girl and folks like Girkin or other deeply wounded Russian expansionists will have zero patience for continuing to pretend that Putin is a 'strong' leader.

Interesting to hear Wagner camps have been set up in Belarus and previously removed Wagner recruitment adverts have gone back up. That suggests strongly there will be an invasion from Belarus. Reported on Channel 4 news

Last edited:
I don't see how personally as it means Wagner would be altogether in one place again just waiting to plot out their next mutiny, that doesn't seem logical to me even for Russia.

Prigozhin was weak he went in with only 8500 men instead of the 25k he is meant to have.

The Chechens were going after him with full strength, he knew he couldn't win. He had no choice and he knew it.

I cant see him being a power in Russia again, there is no way Putin will ever trust him now.

All that nonsense he said about not spilling Russian blood after shooting down 6 helicopters and a plane full of Russian blood was just a poor excuse only a fool would believe.

he would have killed anyone who stood in his way if it all went according to plan.

If a small hostile force traversed that far through the US, (out in the open no less) and got to Washington, it would demonstrate weaknes in my country's defenses. (And leadership)

This epesode has exposed just how thinly-stretched (weak) Russia is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom