Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting on Forbes :

Several Powerful Ukrainian Brigades Are Missing In Action​

Also mentions

Ukraine’s 82nd Air Assault Brigade Is Ridiculously Powerful—And Could Lead The Coming Counteroffensive​

Which is where it is claimed the challys are

Interesting on Forbes :

Several Powerful Ukrainian Brigades Are Missing In Action​

Also mentions

Ukraine’s 82nd Air Assault Brigade Is Ridiculously Powerful—And Could Lead The Coming Counteroffensive​

Which is where it is claimed the challys are

There's a decent amount of equipment there, but for some perspective the UK invaded Iraq with 120 Challenger 2's and around 100 Warriors, Ukraine only has 14 Challengers and 90 Strykers.

I agree, and pointed out the cost of a missile in my response.

Russia's mindset is to just blow stuff up, and hope for the best.

I'm not saying it's rational, or even effective, it is just the way they do things.

It's a shocking really, to wage war this way - not an accident, bad intelligence, bad apples or inevitable collateral damage but default mo, industrial levels of mass killing civilian life for essentially no reason.

The VDV is no longer an airborne force though right? Weren't they recommend reconstructed as a mechanised infantry?

I doubt they are the elite force they used to be.

VDV is still an airborne force, but units from them sent into Ukraine like the 106th Guards appear to have been reconstructed as a kind of mechanised infantry after taking huge losses. (I'd imagine in the longer term when/if they've had a chance to train new personnel and reorganise, etc. they'd return to operating like an airborne force).

Last edited:

Looks like they were already under arrest while the coup that wasn't a coup was going on, as they filmed their "hostage" video with plees for Prigz to stop
Does make you wonder if others were involved in the plan and were caught before it fully went into action (If the US knew then the Russians may also), and if some of those flying out of Moscow on the weekend were also involved and knew the plan was falling apart. Could be a reason why Prigozhin had to settle.

Does make you wonder if others were involved in the plan and were caught before it fully went into action (If the US knew then the Russians may also), and if some of those flying out of Moscow on the weekend were also involved and knew the plan was falling apart. Could be a reason why Prigozhin had to settle.

Reports are the FSB were tipped off 48 hours before things kicked off forcing Prigozhin to move up his timeline.

Interestingly Prigozhin has been in Moscow today "negotiating" whatever that means - either there is a lot of information we aren't seeing or someone(s) powerful in Russia have his back and/or he had a "one use get out of jail free card" which seems a bit unlikely but he sure seems to be acting like that.

EDIT: I still partially favour that he has been used to see who is and isn't loyal to Putin over the last few months, though some of his latest stuff seems a bit extreme beyond the needs for that.

Last edited:
Yesterday US said it's intelligence showed several Russian general's supported Prigozhin to replace Putin.

Today General Surovikin has just been arrested, more may follow

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom