Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter rumour mill says Wagner on the fly quickly changed and launched its coup earlier than planned because the FSB found out. Original plan was supposedly to be more discrete and catch both Shoigu and Gerasimov off guard while they had a meeting at the army HQ in Rostov. FSB then got Shoigu and Gerasimov out of Rostov and Prigozhin decided to do the coup anyway and be as loud as possible about it to try and win support, knowing that his plan of capturing the leaders of the military had already failed

Who knows this story could be pure BS, but what makes it seem slightly realistic is how rushed and uncoordinated and the coup looked and also that Wagner did the coup with less than half its full force, possibly because the other half had not yet arrived at their staging points

Last edited:
But it t might have worked if their plans succeeded. The Russian military tends to be very top heavy and if you capture the top commanders, the people under them run around like lost sheep so it's quite possible that if Shoigu, Germasimov were arrested and the other commanders at the HQ held that Prigozhin would have been able to use Surovikin (who at this stage would be the highest commanding officer left) to convince the lower down military that Putin's time is gone and once the general military is convinced, then Putin being the coward he is would no doubt flee the country

Last edited:
The VDV is no longer an airborne force though right? Weren't they recommend reconstructed as a mechanised infantry?

I doubt they are the elite force they used to be.
I don't think they have any real special forces left now.

They were mostly taken out at the start of the war and over the course of it.

They were committed to do the tough jobs in Kiev, at the airport etc and it didn't go well for them

Not sure what they would call their special forces now, but there must be some I suppose.

Russia would never blow up a dam in order to use the water as a defence mechanism would they.

This must be completely innocent, creating a new temporary dam in occupied lands.

Hopefully Ukraine can HIMARS it or something before it gets too significant.

I don't think they have any real special forces left now.

They were mostly taken out at the start of the war and over the course of it.

They were committed to do the tough jobs in Kiev, at the airport etc and it didn't go well for them

Not sure what they would call their special forces now, but there must be some I suppose.

VDV aren't special forces (SOF or Spetznaz, etc.) as such though they may operate as special forces support. Though they've lost many of the most experienced ones which will act as a multiplier for the effect of the losses they've "only" lost about 40% of the total pre-war special forces manpower through death or injury so far (which is also mirrored by the likes of the VDV and other airmobile/airborne forces).

Last edited:

I do hate all the doubles stuff and think it is most likely nonsense.

I mean, the second picture here, if genuine, does make him look a lot younger and thinner in the face, but angles, lighting, exposure, focal length etc etc can all make such a difference to how someone looks that it is difficult to make any decent conclusion from two random pictures.

Last edited:
The reason I'm sure it isn't nonsense is it's very well known that Putin has been isolated. Any meetings with the real Putin are either done at a massive distance with comically long tables, or the person meeting him has to go into isolation for 2 weeks. Someone said as much on Russian TV recently.

Then you have photo ops where he's walking around a crowd of people, shaking hands etc., so those are obviously doubles.

The reason I'm sure it isn't nonsense is it's very well known that Putin has been isolated. Any meetings with the real Putin are either done at a massive distance with comically long tables, or the person meeting him has to go into isolation for 2 weeks. Someone said as much on Russian TV recently.

That was at the height of the pandemic though. Putin will have the finest quality mRNA vaccines in him now.

I mean, the second picture here, if genuine, does make him look a lot younger and thinner in the face, but angles, lighting, exposure, focal length etc etc can all make such a difference to how someone looks that it is difficult to make any decent conclusion from two random pictures.

His body is thinner as well, the movement is quicker/younger. imo it looks like they realeased an older video.

video

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom