Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's not impossible to stipulate that only countries currently at war and not countries who were in the alliance beforehand can have parts of it be inside the fence, but that brings up the problem of being present but not really helping and I'm not sure that's a good look at all.

We could try to poking Russia by having a rear guard helping with logistics, if they stop targeting those areas then it's a good play and if not then at least we know they're willing to.

Last edited:
Stoltenberg: NATO leaders, at Vilnius summit, will reaffirm that Ukraine will become a member of NATO and how to bring Ukraine closer to this goal

Interesting, I hadn't picked up on that Ukraine "will become a member of NATO"

I wonder what they are cooking up.
Maybe (hopefully) they have some way to get at least part of Ukraine under NATO protection. I mean places like Lyiv.

Not while there's an active war though

People have a web of people that are impacted, parents, family, children. Every soldier is there to enforce the will of a regime, some elect some are forced.
If that regime is attacking then then have no issue removing them from the offensive.. their choice if it’s in handcuffs or in a bodybag.
I’ve had to watch family die and break the news to parents, I feel for the soldiers etc but there is a choice and I would defend lethally if that was the only choice provided by someone elses choice.

Ukraine needs you Rambo.

Stoltenberg: NATO leaders, at Vilnius summit, will reaffirm that Ukraine will become a member of NATO and how to bring Ukraine closer to this goal

Interesting, I hadn't picked up on that Ukraine "will become a member of NATO"

I wonder what they are cooking up.
Maybe (hopefully) they have some way to get at least part of Ukraine under NATO protection. I mean places like Lyiv.

Stolteberg is quoted as saying:
“We agree that Nato’s door is open. We agree that Ukraine will become a member, which is an important message.”

This is, diplomatically speaking, strong stuff. That's a promise.

Realistically, there is a date missing, but that is a clear statement of intent, with no qualification.

My take is that there is unlikely to be anyone on here who truly relishes the death of Russian soldiers.
Its very easy to post messages that seem to be glorifying it, or taking joy from it.
Thats the problem with a simple message that shows no emotion, nor facial expression etc.

I don't think that is true at all. I think there are many on here who do relish this. I think for some they are living out their fantasy military careers by watching the death and destruction and commenting as if they are themselves reporting in from the front line. They then post about it in here, cramming in as much military speak as possible.

I don't think that is true at all. I think there are many on here who do relish this. I think for some they are living out their fantasy military careers by watching the death and destruction and commenting as if they are themselves reporting in from the front line. They then post about it in here, cramming in as much military speak as possible.

Everyone is entitled to their views.
Even if they are wrong, until facts prove them to be wrong.

I don't see anyone reporting as if they were from the front line though. Think your getting more than a bit carried away.

Welcome to OCUK, home of the military experts reporting from the command centre in their parents basement.

Last edited:

On the other hand you rarely seem to contribute anything to this thread but occasional bitter sniping...

Anyhow like with COVID my motivation here is to understand what is going on, not just accept what the media on one side or the other is reporting and/or the statements of authorities or experts with their own agendas, etc. etc. even many experts are finding themselves out of depth with this situation with how it has unfolded at times contrary to expectations.

Not last I checked, I have several keyboards, and I know just how to use them.

The dead are identified by Qwertyuiop imprinted on the foreheads.

The thing is people have all sorts of notions, when pushed to a point where someone is threatening you and your loves ones then people are surprised by what they will actually do.

I think that we’ve done the character sniping to death.

I feel an obligation to watch the videos. Let me be clear, I do not like what I see, I think it personifies how truly awful we are as a species but I do feel its important that I watch it. We have hundreds of men/women who are experiencing this horror on a daily basis on both sides, Ukrainian and Russian. I doubt I will ever experience this kind of hell but I personally refuse to "clutch my pearls" claim to be virtuous about it all, acknowledge it and bury my head in the sand, the soldiers experiencing this deserve for it to be seen. I don't think until you watch these types of videos you can truly give an informed opinion. Watching these videos does give perspective, good and bad.

All of this over 1 man's nostalgic dream. We may have progressed scientifically and technically as a species but we're just smartly dressed cavemen with iPhones. How depressing.

Last edited:
What gets me about these videos is that all the talk of these super duper super smart weapons costing bajillions of dollars each, it still all comes down to 2 men up to their knees in mud stood 50 ft apart trying to kill each other.

What gets me about these videos is that all the talk of these super duper super smart weapons costing bajillions of dollars each, it still all comes down to 2 men up to their knees in mud stood 50 ft apart trying to kill each other.

Not really since the super dooper ones aren't in action here.
(Because the really need the whole package to be super dooper)

When the super dooper is one sided, see Gulf war.
We haven't seen super dooper on each side in reality.

You need the men in trenches to secure the ground however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom