Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally whilst I take no pleasure in a Russians death, I admittedly don't care either, they shouldn't be their to be dyeing in the first place.

For me they are a casualty of their own doing. The main reason is not because they're Russian its because I don't know what type of soldiers they are.

With that I mean is have saw and read about Russian soldiers torturing, rapping and kidnapping kids in their hundreds of thousands. 700k kids to be more or less the number

So recently I saw a Russian soldier, he was known to have castrated a prisoner was killed and I was happy he was dead, there have been a few in the news recently, known war criminals and I was glad they were dead.

I do however feel sympathy for the many thousands of young Russian men conscripted, given a gun with no training and sent to the front line.

At the same time if its them or a Ukrainian then I hope the Ukrainian comes out on top.

Then there's the Wagner mercs, I hope they all die horrible deaths because I know they all monsters. Once again though I do have some sympathy for the convicts who were forced to die in their thousand in Bachmut, they weren't true Wagnerites, they were drugged and used as cannon fodder
As far as I know there is 8500 proper Wagner and it may be up to 25k, they can all burn in flames as far as i,m concerned

Agreed. This is war. If Russians don't die then Ukrainians will. Russia is the aggressor, that means that the Russian soldiers must die. It's really that simple.

People often forget that while they live under the protection of the country they live in, there is a cost. The cost is that one day they may be forced to die for their country. If people don't like that, then they should leave their country right now. No good enjoying those services and protection, then whining about it when pay time arrives. No, those soldiers put themselves there. If they didn't like Putin, they should have left Russia years ago. They are the aggressor, they deserve and have to die, to save the innocent people who didn't start or want this war.

Last edited:
Anyhow like with COVID my motivation here is to understand what is going on, not just accept what the media on one side or the other is reporting and/or the statements of authorities or experts with their own agendas, etc. etc. even many experts are finding themselves out of depth with this situation with how it has unfolded at times contrary to expectations.
Bit of a stupid statement considering all your going to get is what one side or the other is saying.

Unless you go to Ukraine's frontlines then all you're ever going to get is what one side or the other is saying.

Bit of a stupid statement considering all your going to get is what one side or the other is saying.

Unless you go to Ukraine's frontlines then all you're ever going to get is what one side or the other is saying.

That is why you look at a range of sources, even the likes of RT contain some truths or clues that can be compared with other sources. There are loads of people posting to Telegram, etc. from the frontlines as well.

Seeing as I posted the video that triggered the moist comment then I can only assume you would include me in that comment.
If not your really tippytoeing around.

Just to clear up some confusion, I hadn't watched your video until I looked for it just now based on your post above (the M777 barrage, correct?) and wouldn't consider that video or your comment negative in anyway. My "moist" comments are based on posts far before that based on the reaction people have in here whenever any new weapon is introduced into Ukraine's military (so many eye-heart emojis). If there's been some confusion as to who I'm am posting about, just to be very clear, it definitely wasn't about your video so I'm sorry if you thought that was the case.

Your not going to convince people with the way you post what you do.

I really don't try to :)

I find on the web that it's a futile gesture to even attempt to "convince" anyone of anything, even if they think the same way as me, so all I try to do is give my honest opinion on things as I see them, unless its something factually wrong which needs correcting and where I can point people towards evidence but even then the old addage of "you can lead a horse to water........" still rings true.

Just to clear up some confusion, I hadn't watched your video until I looked for it just now based on your post above (the M777 barrage, correct?) and wouldn't consider that video or your comment negative in anyway. My "moist" comments are based on posts far before that based on the reaction people have in here whenever any new weapon is introduced into Ukraine's military (so many eye-heart emojis). If there's been some confusion as to who I'm am posting about, just to be very clear, it definitely wasn't about your video so I'm sorry if you thought that was the case.

I really don't try to :)

I find on the web that it's a futile gesture to even attempt to "convince" anyone of anything, even if they think the same way as me, so all I try to do is give my honest opinion on things as I see them, unless its something factually wrong which needs correcting and where I can point people towards evidence but even then the old addage of "you can lead a horse to water........" still rings true.

So people being pleased that Ukraine is getting better weapons to drive out the invaders is a problem for you? I make no apologies to being chuffed to bits every time they get supplied with what they need to win this war.

I'd take that out if you don't want a suspension.

But with Angilion, if you read his posts through the lens of Rain Man they make a lot more sense. He's intelligent and erudite but quite far down the spectrum that he gets so focused on absolutes he lacks a lot of nuance in his reasoning.

That's fair. Although I haven't been on the Spectrum since I upgraded to an Atari 520ST :)

I'm showing my age with that joke.

The West needs to supply AFU with more air defense systems and/or jet fighters - otherwise it's going to be extremely hard for Ukraine to free the occupied territories.

The moskovites have deployed extensive mine fields and the Ukrainian armored vehicles get slowed down while crossing those fields - making them easy targets for laser guided anti-armor missiles launched by Ka-52 helicopters. These missiles have 10km range, so the helicopters fly in safety over russian territory 10km away from the front line. Currently Ukraine doesn't have any weapons on the fronts that can take them down so far away. The Patriot and S300 systems (that can easily destroy a helicopter 10km away) are deployed for the defense of Kiev and the other big cities. Probably the main reason Russia keeps sending missiles and drones at the Ukrainian cities (and killing innocent civilians) is to prevent the serious air defense systems from being redeployed to the front.

Also I guess ATACMS missiles can be quite useful to target helicopter pads and force them further away from the front - but for some reason the US still hasn't agreed to send any to Ukraine.

I can tell you for a fact the T-55 can't survive a hit from the 90mm gun used by the South African Rattel, hope that answers the question as to how good the T-55 is

From Googling it seems they were killed by a combination of 90mm and 20mm fire due to poor quality armour which is another issue happening in Ukraine - in some cases T-72s have been taken out by the hotter 30/40mm autocannons even due to sub-standard steel, even been instances where "ERA" is just wooden blocks, etc. Although there have been instances of T-72B3s running proper kit taking multiple hits from anti-tank weapons to take out.

The 90mm gun would probably take out many tanks of that era if hitting them on parts other than the frontal armour or turret.

No idea what but Russia is up to something - ever since the Wagner revolt but especially last few days a big up tick in military transport planes moving about and government/military special purpose plane flights - some of them appear to be practise or maintenance flights. Not sure if a reaction to the whole Wagner thing so they are better prepared in future and/or to try and prevent any further fragmentation of Russia, preparation because of a potential event at ZNPP or something else entirely - doesn't seem to be focussed on a response to the Ukrainian counter-attack(s).

I'd hazard most likely is the whole thing with Wagner has panicked them a bit and this is attempts to better protect themselves from such things in future, I can't see any public events it might be preparations for, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom