Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine Ukraine does a fair bit of monitoring and surveying - some of the foreign legion fighters were being tasked with investigating anything which had been destroyed whether vehicles, property, etc. ( for example https://youtu.be/Cv7WR29zfTE?t=154 ) I don't know if still the case. I know at least one T-90 wreck and several T-80s were examined to see what equipment they had onboard, etc. I'd imagine Ukraine's military has a fair idea if DU munitions have been used or not - I've seen no reports so far of such.

Isn't DU rounds what the Russian T-80BV fires? Unless Russia lied again. In any case many of these would have been used and lost in initial invasion and Russia only had a couple hundred of them to begin with

Last edited:
The problem is that the cure has historically ended up being worse than the disease.

Centralized control of what is and isn’t "misinformation" simply puts too much power in too few hands.
Indeed, but YouTube for example has an algorithm that likes to push exciting conspiracy theories as this drives engagement and they profit from it. They could at least make it more neutral and that sidesteps the above problem.

The supply of cluster bombs is quite possibly due to the West being low on standard artillery shells.

The point of supplying cluster weapons is bacause the Russians are in trenches so standard artillery is not very effective. If they don't get them out of the trenches the war could drag on for years which bis probably what Putin wants

The bottom line is that the Russian army has shown itself to be run by ruthless bigots who have zero respect for the health and safety of civilians in the conflict area. They clearly have no ethical objections to using DU shells because they have had DU shells designed and manufactured for T-72s, T-80BVs and T-90s in the last few years. If they have enough of them and they are having frequent tank-on-tank battles in Ukraine they would doubtless go ahead and use them. To suggest that kind-hearted Putin is holding back his nasty DU shells until the wicked Challenger-2s turn up with their DU shells is just ludicrous.
Isn't DU rounds what the Russian T-80BV fires? Unless Russia lied again. In any case many of these would have been used and lost in initial invasion and Russia only had a couple hundred of them to begin with

Just for clarity I have no idea if DU shells have been used by Russia or not - in all the time I've trawled through information on the war I've not seen a single report that has mentioned their use, but I have seen a fair bit of information on Ukraine's military/government battlefield surveillance so they almost certainly know if they have been used or not.

I have seen several videos of the carcasses of Russian tanks, known to use DU munitions, being inventoried and in those instances there was no trace of DU shells, in fact often quite an oddball load out of ammo - I don't know how strictly Russia regulates DU, I'd imagine they'd keep tabs on it, but possible some if even just loaded in with a load of other stuff and used generally.

Isn't DU rounds what the Russian T-80BV fires?
DU rounds are one if the ammo types it can fire, or actually it may be the T-80BVM that can fire them. Regardless it's very unlikely that Russia have many DU shells to go around so will be mostly using the standard ammo even if they are using DU rounds in low volumes.

*EDIT*

Yes it's the 2017 T-80BVM models that can fire the DU Svinets-2 munitions.

I think there's some confusion as some media articles reported the T-80BV being upgraded to fire them but what they were actually referring to was some T-80BV being upgraded to T-80BVM standard.

Last edited:
Just for clarity I have no idea if DU shells have been used by Russia or not - in all the time I've trawled through information on the war I've not seen a single report that has mentioned their use, but I have seen a fair bit of information on Ukraine's military/government battlefield surveillance so they almost certainly know if they have been used or not.
Something worth baring in mind is that Russia's DU rounds only have ~12% more penetration than their regular tungsten carbide rounds, so it is plausible they actually haven't been using DU rounds yet purely because nothing Ukraine had required the extra punch to kill it.

Last edited:
I swear to god some if these poster's would see how they feel if their family had been raped.

Point is.

That's the point.

Last edited:
Yeah, then you need to put someone in charge of deciding who's misbehaving and because that person is a human being they will naturally make a mistake and decide someone is misbehaving when they're telling the truth, and now you're censoring the truth in a potentially damaging sense.

No matter what system we use, there are problems, even if we use no system at all. But I would prefer to see the mass of obvious fake news and misinformation deleted.

Yeah, makes me wonder if something has been said behind the scenes in the corridors of power.
Turkey might be playing the long game here. They weren't happy about being kicked out of the F-35 program, I can't help but think this is way of them trying to ingratiate themseleves with the rest of NATO so they can get back in.

Turkey might be playing the long game here. They weren't happy about being kicked out of the F-35 program, I can't help but think this is way of them trying to ingratiate themseleves with the rest of NATO so they can get back in.

Werent they kicked out for buying Russian AA systems or similar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom