Ukraine Invasion - Please do not post videos showing attacks/similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
"assassin avenger"
Daily Mail uses interesting euphemism for word "terrorist"
I thought this was a military officer? Or are you suggesting the attack was designed to terrorize the civilian population and just had the side effect of taking out a military officer of an invading force?

I thought this was a military officer? Or are you suggesting the attack was designed to terrorize the civilian population and just had the side effect of taking out a military officer of an invading force?
I was commenting the language used. "Assassin" is clear enough anyway, just unusual.
As for semantics for "terrorist"... An assassination in a peaceful city as a revenge for suspicion of bombing. Does it matter whether he was a military officer? For example using IEDs against military convoys is terrorism.

Showing your colours there - a targetted strike against a [former] military commander involved in armed combat is not terrorism.

Those using IEDs against a military convoy are involved in terrorism when they belong to a group which has been designated as terrorists (there is ideology involved in there and always the old one man's freedom fighter side to the equation but that doesn't apply here).

Last edited:
Blame DM
They could have used "covert special forces op to neutralise high value target"
or "redusing risk of further missile attacks against Ukraine"

Last edited:
Blame DM
They could have used "covert special forces op to neutralise high value target"

Eh? it fits the definition, assuming it was a targetted attack related to the Ukraine war, of an assassination, calling it terrorism is badly misplaced. If there'd been a bunch of Ukrainian linked people running around the city with AK-47s shooting at people indiscriminately and blowing hotels, etc. then maybe the terrorism label would apply.

The Patriot's will be more then welcomed but come on just 20k artilary shells? Ukraine will munch through that in a week. Rheinmetall have stated they make 600k shells a year and with the US production and south Korean stockpiles coming via a 3rd party we should be able to supply Ukraine with a sustainable 2m shells a year (forget about the UK, our production is pathetic, 15k P.A).

Those Lancet missiles seems to lack punching power, just seen a video of a T64 getting hit on the roof by 2 of these things and the only visable damage in the frame was the wreckage of the Lancets.

Off the top of my head I don't believe the Lancet has an anti-armour shaped charge - they nominally have either a general purpose high-explosive warhead or a shaped charge based on a more industrial rather than military design for more general purpose demolition rather than optimised for punching through tank armour like the NLAW.

Ukrainian hit?

A BBC Verify analysis of Cpt Rzhitsky's profile - which is public - shows that he frequently ran through the area where he is reported to have been killed. Facial analysis carried out by the BBC confirmed the profile belonged to Cpt Rzhitsky.

His address and personal details had also been uploaded to the Ukrainian website Myrotvorets (Peacemaker), a vast unofficial database of people considered to be enemies of Ukraine.

The word "Liquidated", in red letters, has now been superimposed on his photograph on the site.

In a statement, Ukraine's military intelligence said the park was deserted due to heavy rain, "so there are no witnesses who could provide details or identify the attacker".

His watch and headphones were found at the scene, indicating robbery was not the motive, according to Russian news outlet Mash.

Cpt Rzhitsky reportedly commanded the Krasnodar submarine, named after the city, in the Russian Navy.

Ukrainian media has said he could have been in command of the vessel when it carried out a missile attack on the Ukrainian city of Vinnytsia in July 2022, which killed 23 people, including three children.

Using Strava pubic profile, as well.

Last edited:
ok, I stand corrected. Must be like Rroff pointed out, first you designate bad guys terrorists, then everything they do is terror attack

You designated them terrorists when they fit the profile of one. Only one side in this conflict fits that profile. And it isn't Ukraine.
Letting your little shill mask slip though!

Last edited:
ok, I stand corrected. Must be like Rroff pointed out, first you designate bad guys terrorists, then everything they do is terror attack
No. Attacks targeting civilians (presumably with the goal of terrorizing a wide ranging portion of the general population) is terrorism.

Targeting your enemy's military (with the goal of removing them from the battlefield or degrading their ability to fight) is war.

It's strange that NATO would make a promise to Ukraine that they'll become a member when it would likely trigger World War 3. Is Zelensky expecting to join NATO and have the US and Europe fight Russia on the battlefield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom